Looking for other P90 Support

Options

Replies

• Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I am proud to say that I was able to make it through both sets of jumping jacks and both sets of cross-hops without taking a break for the FIRST TIME EVER. It was completely a mental thing -- I was strong enough to do it before, but I always psyched myself out because I perceive them as being difficult. Once I got it in my head that I COULD and WOULD push through, I DID! :drinker:

I'm going to make this a great week, in spite of the rough start. Hope everyone else has a great week, too! :flowerforyou:

That's the spirit! You can do it :) Doing well here, upping my weights on certain moves while making sure to step it back down on those that might hurt my shoulder again.

Thanks, Brent!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am proud to say that I was able to make it through both sets of jumping jacks and both sets of cross-hops without taking a break for the FIRST TIME EVER. It was completely a mental thing -- I was strong enough to do it before, but I always psyched myself out because I perceive them as being difficult. Once I got it in my head that I COULD and WOULD push through, I DID! :drinker:

I'm going to make this a great week, in spite of the rough start. Hope everyone else has a great week, too! :flowerforyou:

Yay Manda! Now you know you CAN! Woo Hoo!

I must admit, I modify the jumping jacks, not because I think I can't, but they tend to aggravate my knees. Anything than takes both feet off the ground at the same time seems to do that so I always modify (no matter what workout program I am using) to have less impact on the knees. I'd rather modify than risk a knee injury putting me out of exercise commission for recovery time. I am getting addicted to exercise!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Randall's response about mixing it up a little brings up a question I have.

I've seen many people "switching it up", especially P90X'ers.
    Not so much with Power 90 users except maybe to add in extra workouts.

I'm one to religiously stick to the Power 90 routine of Sweat/Sculpt/Sweat/Sculpt/Sweat/Sculpt/Off days.
    My son however has asked about those days he plays sports. He's exhausted when he goes to practice after working out and the coach is having him do laps, etc.

I thought I heard Tony recommend that you stick to his routines for a purpose and not substitute with treadmills, running, etc.

I'd like to hear if you religiously stick to his workout or switch it up with other activities/exercises and your thoughts on why you do or don't. Also, let us know if your doing P90, P90X or something else.

Mike....Power 90 Day 36

I do a walk/run four mornings a week for 30-40 minutes in addition to P90. I love my morning walk/run and it has become a habit (yay me!). I added P90 for the purpose of building up muscle and sculpting. I do the walk/run in the morning, and I do P90 after dinner so it does not seem to tire me out.

So, I am sticking with Tony's routine and not substituting, just adding to my exercise routine. So far, so good.
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    Mande...great job. I still struggle with Jumping jacks and especially those other ones that come after the running in place. It took me 2 weeks just to be coordinated enough to do them. I'm like mammaski4...any jumping bothers my knees. I think as I lose weight that should get better.

Good feedback so far on "mixing it up". I'm like you Brent and mommaski4. I like to also stick with Tony's program and add extra workouts when I have time (usually only on weekends). I'm starting to increase my weights a little too in 3-4. I need someone to show me what to do...so I actually enjoy the routine day in and day out.

Keep it going team! Everyone's doing great!
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    HI, My name is Rebecca. My P90 should be on my porch when I get home today. I am very excited to start tomorrow morning! I ordered the additional 5-6 DVDs as well. I doubt I will be up to that level for a while. My goal is to lose 25 lbs by this summer. How does everyone like P90? Has anyone done P90x, is it easier? Less intense?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of phase 2 (aka day 38) so far so good.
  • clehmeier
    Options
    I have not started the P90 yet, but plan to do it on the days I can not make it to the gym. I am hoping that it's a great workout, I love a challenge. Let us know how it works out for you!
  • MamaReebs
    Options
    I have 2 kids under 2, so the only time I have to workout is if I get up before them at 5 am. I have been walking at 5 am for the last 3 weeks, but that hasn't really done anything for me as far as weightloss goes. I am really hoping for faster results with the P90.
  • ecutia
    Options
    I haven't tried P90 but I did try P90x. I only did it here and there. It was hard with all of the weights. I bought insanity by beachbody and I love it. I started to do it and was religious for almost 3 weeks. School started and I lost my routine. Id like to start again but I have been so lazy. When I started my fitness pal I had already lost 25 pounds. Im pretty stuck at 155 n I wish to be 145 but i keep fluctuatimg and I feel like I am just gaining back my weight. It is so frustrating and I have been sucking at my diet. I am going to start insanity over and hope to be religious about it! Ill let you know if it works! Good luck everyone
  • Mande_G
    Options

Yay Manda! Now you know you CAN! Woo Hoo!

I must admit, I modify the jumping jacks, not because I think I can't, but they tend to aggravate my knees. Anything than takes both feet off the ground at the same time seems to do that so I always modify (no matter what workout program I am using) to have less impact on the knees. I'd rather modify than risk a knee injury putting me out of exercise commission for recovery time. I am getting addicted to exercise!

Thanks!!

Jumping jacks used to bother my knees, too, but it got better over time. I'm all for modifying when necessary!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Mande...great job. I still struggle with Jumping jacks and especially those other ones that come after the running in place. It took me 2 weeks just to be coordinated enough to do them. I'm like mammaski4...any jumping bothers my knees. I think as I lose weight that should get better.

Good feedback so far on "mixing it up". I'm like you Brent and mommaski4. I like to also stick with Tony's program and add extra workouts when I have time (usually only on weekends). I'm starting to increase my weights a little too in 3-4. I need someone to show me what to do...so I actually enjoy the routine day in and day out.

Keep it going team! Everyone's doing great!

Run lunge? Yeah, I can't do run lunge. That takes a kind of coordinated that I just don't have. :laugh: I just keep jogging in place during run lunge.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    HI, My name is Rebecca. My P90 should be on my porch when I get home today. I am very excited to start tomorrow morning! I ordered the additional 5-6 DVDs as well. I doubt I will be up to that level for a while. My goal is to lose 25 lbs by this summer. How does everyone like P90? Has anyone done P90x, is it easier? Less intense?

Hi Rebecca. There are many of us here on MFP doing Power 90 and showing great results.
    I've never exercised before. My 16 yr. old son and I have been doing this since January 4th (Day 37).
    We absolutely LOVE IT! I haven't done P90X, but I know many that are doing it.
    It's extreme, and IMO not something to start out with unless your already in fairly good athletic shape.

I've never heard anyone say P90 isn't a challenge. It absolutely is.

Good luck starting tomorrow. Feel free to friend me or ask here if you have any questions.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of phase 2 (aka day 38) so far so good.

That's great...your 1 day ahead of me! Are you planning to go up to 3-4 soon?
    Let us know how your first 38 days have gone for you (successes, challenges).
  • MikeK51
    Options
    I have not started the P90 yet, but plan to do it on the days I can not make it to the gym. I am hoping that it's a great workout, I love a challenge. Let us know how it works out for you!

It is a great workout...I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    ecutia....don't give up. P90X is really tough.
    The hardest part is getting into a routine every day and just doing it without thinking about it (Just Press Play).
    After 21 days, a person will form a habit, and it becomes easier.
    You deserve this for yourself! Don't think about past hiccups, but look positively toward the future. You can do it.
    Let us know how you make out.
  • MamaReebs
    Options
    Thanks Mike! My P90 did arrive today! YAY! I just took my before photos and my measurements. I can't wait to see some results! It was embarassing to even let my husband see me like that. I can't wait to show him my progress so that maybe he will join me too!

Anyway, I have been tracking my calories here on MFP and it TOTALLY helps. I was wondering, though, are any of you also follow the P90 diet plan? Is it difficult to follow? Do you feel like it's helping? I like how it is composed of things I would normally eat anyway, but I am just not sure if I can do it yet. It's hard when I have 3 other mouths I have to worry about too.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    It seems most of us doing P90 follow the plan here on MFP.
    It's a matter of eating better, cutting down on portion size, no eating within 3 hours of bedtime, drinking 8 glasses of water, not cheating too often, etc.
    See what works for you once you start P90 and adjust from there.
    Good luck.
  • MamaReebs
    Options
    How come there are no P90 videos/exercises in the exercise database? I mean if all these people are doing P90 and P90x, shouldn't some be there? Or maybe I just don't know how to use the search function properly?
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Your right. The P90 is not in the database. Simply create your own. Make sure though to list it all under cardiovascular if you want to track your calories burned.
  • MamaReebs
    Options
    I know I have a lot of questions, so thanks for helping me. Did anyone do the 2 day fast before starting P90? How did it go?