Drinking alcohol

Options
13»

Replies

• bigcurt61
    bigcurt61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Like with other foods you have to account for those calories and unfortunately alcohol calories are considered empty calories (they don't provide nutritional value). If I do drink when I go out I'll normally have a drink then chase it with a bottle of water to:#1 make sure I don't overdo it especially if I have to drive and #2 to prevent me from over doing the empty calories.
  • rezonator
    Options
    I can't post links right now (I'm at work), but alcohol can slow your fat metabolization process by as much as 75% for hours after having only 1 drink!!

This is a great informative thread here, I would like to read the links if you can post them or message them to me later. Probably be good motivation for me to cut down as well.

Seeing as how this is the introduction thread, hi everyone, nice to be here. Seems like a great place with great support and I'm glad I found it.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've been working on my weight loss project for almost a year now. I lost approx 40 lbs give or take...I've found that I lose faster during the times when I don't drink than when I do. For me the times of not drinking are measured in days in a row as opposed to weeks in a row. My new thing is to not drink during the work week and save the booze for the weekends.

there's a fun thread in the Motivation and Support area called "like minded lushes" where folks who like to drink discuss their thoughts and efforts.

good luck!
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I'm a total whiskey girl too. I try to leave some cals for it and I usually stick to one drink, or I plan my drink for my cheet day. I also try to drink more water the day of and the next day to flush it out. Just a suggestion. Good luck.