Ladies, what’s on your mind? Let’s talk about it..

Options
13»

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Wow. Got us all figured out, huh?
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Just a quick thought- for all of their 'simplicity'.... that's what attracts me to men. I've dated men and I've dated women. Men are much easier, for me as a woman, to handle. Women are complicated. We have hormone surges. Two women together, whose periods line up with each other, are, in my experience, a ticking time bomb.

So... however complicated we women are, men's 'simplicity' is the yang to our yin.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Just a quick thought- for all of their 'simplicity'.... that's what attracts me to men. I've dated men and I've dated women. Men are much easier, for me as a woman, to handle. Women are complicated. We have hormone surges. Two women together, whose periods line up with each other, are, in my experience, a ticking time bomb.

So... however complicated we women are, men's 'simplicity' is the yang to our yin.

Aaaand overshare...
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options

Aaaand overshare...

No, not really. Just honest, matter-of-factness.
  • lordt
    lordt Posts: 5
    Options
    Stereotypes?

We men-folk typically love all manner of stereo equipment!

We can talk about stereo types for hours!
    Waheeeeeeey. This is a right *****fest. It's making me hungry reading it all.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options

Aaaand overshare...

:laugh:
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oops!
  • TayJoMama
    Options
    ThIs is the funniest conversation i've seen on MFP aside from a couple of snarky comments. Gotta love my MFPs.
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    I feel compelled to share...my bf is one of the most complicated people I know.

I guess I've been a nudge on this thread, but it's because I really don't see "men" as simple (at least not in the binary meaning that we, women, are complex and impossible next to them, therefore implying intellectual and emotional superiority of one over the other). This conception is really a matter of traditional and socialized gender roles. Me and my woman power are not going to subject you all to that rant but suffice to say, each of us are what we are. Lumping people together is just ...well kind of silly. You have problem with your sweetie? Be a big kid, sit down and discuss it rationally and try to find a compromise. ie- No dog during nookie, and maybe an elevated dog bed/cot that can be on his side. Just like with weight loss, the solution to your romantic problems is proly much less a "what can I do?" and much more a "step up and do it".

*steps down from soap box*

And Jade, it was an overshare lady. No one wants to read about others periods. At least not with out warning (and even then...) Periods don't kill people, people kill people. :wink:
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Silly is fun sometimes.
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    Silly is fun sometimes.

Touche salesman. I too like sports, sandwiches, sleeping and sex. I just don't like maligning an entire gender (or both of them) with broad, presumptuous labels. But maybe I'm being too much of a complicated chick :laugh:
  • TayJoMama
    Options
    I feel compelled to share...my bf is one of the most complicated people I know.

I guess I've been a nudge on this thread, but it's because I really don't see "men" as simple (at least not in the binary meaning that we, women, are complex and impossible next to them, therefore implying intellectual and emotional superiority of one over the other). This conception is really a matter of traditional and socialized gender roles. Me and my woman power are not going to subject you all to that rant but suffice to say, each of us are what we are. Lumping people together is just ...well kind of silly. You have problem with your sweetie? Be a big kid, sit down and discuss it rationally and try to find a compromise. ie- No dog during nookie, and maybe an elevated dog bed/cot that can be on his side. Just like with weight loss, the solution to your romantic problems is proly much less a "what can I do?" and much more a "step up and do it".

*steps down from soap box*

And Jade, it was an overshare lady. No one wants to read about others periods. At least not with out warning (and even then...) Periods don't kill people, people kill people. :wink:
    OMG, Debbie Downer, yes I think you are making this way more complicated than it has to be. Just showed my hubby this post and he thought it was funny and true for the most part. I don't think this post was saying that everyman is the same, of course there are exceptions, for men and women! BTW I thought Jade's comment was interesting. Women talk about their TOM a lot in these forums.
  • feetypajamas
    feetypajamas Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    There has to be a Negative Nancy in EVERY crowd. *shrug*
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Now, now. She has valid points. This may just not be the thread for them.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't know... I don't think I've ever met a man who hasn't screwed with me. Maybe they're not complicated, but in my experience they're sneaky...
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Oversimplification sucks.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    And women are the most straightforward, basic creature on the planet eh? :tongue:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    And women are the most straightforward, basic creature on the planet eh? :tongue:

smiley-scared007.gif
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a house that was male dominant. I have my mom and my grandmothers, but that was pretty much it. Guys really aren't that hard to figure out. They like to feel good and are believers in instant gratification.

Why did he stop calling?? Because he didn't enjoy talking to you anymore
    Why isn't he having sex with me?? Unless he has a medical problem, he either wasn't attracted or it wasn't fun enough
    He treats me like a girlfriend but won't call me that, why? He doesn't want to be tied down, if he wanted to, you'd be GF
    Why does he leave his s**t laying around for me to pick up? Because you keep picking it up...and alot of men are slobs

Those are just examples. There are exceptions here as men can be clueless sometimes....simple to a fault. See ladies alot of this falls on our shoulders. Most of what he does or doesn't do reflects on what WE do or don't do.

Feel secure with your man but he isn't romantic or chivilrous anymore? He stopped DOING it when you stopped DEMANDING it

They want to be told what to do, preferrably with written instructions and photos. They want lots of praise whether he built a house, or tied his shoelaces. Most positive reinforcement should come in food or sexual form.

I hope this helps my friends!

This reminds me of that Dr. Laura's BS....."MEN ARE APES! ALL THE RESPONSIBILITY TO HAVE A HAPPY RELATIONSHIP IS ALL ON THE WOMENS SHOULDERS"....Psshhha.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I love sex, sandwiches and football. I shoulda been a man.

God, me too. Then I could watch the game in a bar without it being "weird." :laugh: