how to get motivated to get up in the morning to excercise

Options
124»

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My advice? Go to bed earlier so you're not so tired in the morning. If you're trying to get up earlier, it makes logical sense that you'd need to go to bed earlier to get enough sleep. And then yes, move the alarm clock so you have to get out of bed.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Just do it!!
    Really, It is that simple... all the tricks help, I used to set double alarms, the second in the dining room
    Making sure to get to sleep on time helps too.
    But its really just doing it, making it a habit, a part of your routine like going to work, taking the kids to school, etc., you just have to do it, no choice!
    I'll never be a real morning person, bit I workout at 5am 4-5 weekdays.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    When I get up in the middle of the night, I turn the heat up (from 55 to 60) so it's easier to get up and out of the covers when the alarm goes off at 4:30.....
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use my phone as my alarm so I set multiple alarms about 5 minutes apart. There's nothing worse than hitting "STOP" and then curling up in bed about to fall asleep and there's another alarm. I get so annoyed that I just get up. I have about 4 alarms leading up to when I am supposed to wake up. I can put messages with my alarms so I often have "GET UP!". Just in case this fails and I go back to sleep, I set an alarm a bit later that still gives me enough time to get ready. The message reads "You slept in :((". I find this helps me. I also make a little pile of workout clothing so everything is handy.

I like to have a heater on instead of an electric blanket. The idea is to make outside seem more inviting than bed. If my room is toasty, I'll get up. If it isn't, I won't. I also like to warm my clothes on the heater before undressing. Of course you have to watch them in case of fires and what not.
  • Taras630
    Options
    Move your alarm clock to the other side of the room. That way you have to get up to shut it off
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I also wear my work out clothes to bed and have everything else ready in the morning. The first week was hard. Maybe try to do it twice a week. Now I'm up to doing it 4 times a week. You DO get used to it. And I was NEVER a morning person. After 3 months I feel great. I have so much more energy during the day at work and even after to run my three chilren around. It is also nice not to run around after school to get my exercise in along with the kids activities, dinner, homework, music....... We all lead such busy lives. For my life it's taken away a lot of stress.PLUS they say exercising in the morning is better!! I DO go to bed earlier than I used to but it is definitely worth it.

Good luck!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options