P90X Group?

Options

Replies

• Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Just checking in :) Today I did Legs, back and ab killer. I am getting better at ab killer and did at least 20 reps for each move :) Yay!

Great job with the abs!!

We completed the entire Yoga X last night! It's tough because I am not that flexible and balanced yet...but I like it! The first part was much easier this time than is was the first time we tried it. Just gotta keep going and will get stronger each time!!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Whats going on my fellow warriors???
    Day 34... Kempo X. I love his workout. I never know how hard I am working until it's over the sweat is just pouring off me.

Funny story... I live in an apartment building on the second floor. My living room windows look over the parking lot. There is a dumpster and lots of cars out there. So I am about 20 minutes into Kenpo when I look out the window and see a Jeep with 2 people in just sitting there watching my workout. At first, I was a little embarrassed. I certainly wasn't going to stop my workout... So after a couple of minutes they got out of the Jeep and I assume they went to their apartment. So obviously I felt a sense of relief. So with about 15 minutes left, they show up again. In greater numbers. Now there is four people. 1 Woman, 1 man, and 2 Teenage Girls. They sat and watched for about 5 or 6 minutes and drove away. I could tell they were waching beause everytime I would look out the window at the jeep they would quickly turn their heads and act like they werent looking! hahahaha!. Definitely weird to have an audience... I can only imagine what they were thinking...

Stefani... GREAT JOB with the Yoga! Way to bust it out!!!!!! Keep bringing it,,,

Keep Pushing Play you guys... Believe.,
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Woohoo!! You must really be putting on a show!! Keep it up and you'll have the whole neighborhood watchin! :) I would literally die of embarrassment if someone was watchin me at this point in the game! LOL!
  • jamiemh
    jamiemh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would love to meet more ppl doing P90X!!! I am on my first week!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You do X Stretch stretches standing at the fax machine at work.
    You have to get your daily P90X infomercial fix.
    You Google for P90X blogs
    You spend a Sunday afternoon looking at P90X Youtube videos of testimonials and workouts.
    You know off the top of your head that you’ll be on day 69 of your program the day you go on vacation.
    You order ANOTHER P90X t-shirt.
    You got a P90X sticker for your car; your precious car.
    You start to walk around touching your abs. Your abs…not your stomach!!!
    You think that maybe you should start selling tickets for your gun show. Hey Tony!
    You know that Tony Horton’s birthday is July 2nd.
    You don’t know what “diamonds of gold” are, but whatever they are you want them.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    You do X Stretch stretches standing at the fax machine at work.
    You have to get your daily P90X infomercial fix.
    You Google for P90X blogs
    You spend a Sunday afternoon looking at P90X Youtube videos of testimonials and workouts.
    You know off the top of your head that you’ll be on day 69 of your program the day you go on vacation.
    You order ANOTHER P90X t-shirt.
    You got a P90X sticker for your car; your precious car.
    You start to walk around touching your abs. Your abs…not your stomach!!!
    You think that maybe you should start selling tickets for your gun show. Hey Tony!
    You know that Tony Horton’s birthday is July 2nd.
    You don’t know what “diamonds of gold” are, but whatever they are you want them.
    LOL I love you for this!! I really love this program too!!
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    Whats going on my fellow warriors???
    Day 34... Kempo X. I love his workout. I never know how hard I am working until it's over the sweat is just pouring off me.

Funny story... I live in an apartment building on the second floor. My living room windows look over the parking lot. There is a dumpster and lots of cars out there. So I am about 20 minutes into Kenpo when I look out the window and see a Jeep with 2 people in just sitting there watching my workout. At first, I was a little embarrassed. I certainly wasn't going to stop my workout... So after a couple of minutes they got out of the Jeep and I assume they went to their apartment. So obviously I felt a sense of relief. So with about 15 minutes left, they show up again. In greater numbers. Now there is four people. 1 Woman, 1 man, and 2 Teenage Girls. They sat and watched for about 5 or 6 minutes and drove away. I could tell they were waching beause everytime I would look out the window at the jeep they would quickly turn their heads and act like they werent looking! hahahaha!. Definitely weird to have an audience... I can only imagine what they were thinking...

Stefani... GREAT JOB with the Yoga! Way to bust it out!!!!!! Keep bringing it,,,

Keep Pushing Play you guys... Believe.,

wow! Yea I would feel weird too but WAY TO PUSH THROUGH!! My husbands fav. workout is kempo too!....I just bought the weighted gloves to use with it so I will let ya know how that goes :) My fav. is either Plyo or Legs and back :) I am also PROUD!! to say that to day after only 15 days I bought a size smaller jeans! Wooo!! The lady at Vanity actually asked me if I was ok cause I screamed haaaa! outloud :blushing:
  • Stefani74
    Options
    I am also PROUD!! to say that to day after only 15 days I bought a size smaller jeans! Wooo!! The lady at Vanity actually asked me if I was ok cause I screamed haaaa! outloud :blushing:

That is awesome!! Great job!!
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Ok so I have been positive and motivated and focused for this first two weeks. I can feel muscles that weren't there before. My thighs and calves are firm, arms are firming up. I can tell a difference in my upper abs. My problem is this....barley any weight loss, which I a m trying not to focus on because of building muscle. But I was hoping for some inches lost at least. Nothing is fitting any different. My jeans fit exactly the same! My legs even though they have firmed up, are not any smaller. My belly and hips where I really need to lose it, have not changed one bit! I have not officially measured yet, but will tomorrow and I am so afraid of disappointment...cuz I already know. There's just not been a change in the size just the firmness. Then my wonderful hubby says, well you know you might even get bigger! That was no help at all!

Sorry guys! Just frustrated! I am not giving up, but it would be nice to see something get smaller!!

OK I feel better now that I got that out!! Time to get focused again!!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    I am also PROUD!! to say that to day after only 15 days I bought a size smaller jeans! Wooo!! The lady at Vanity actually asked me if I was ok cause I screamed haaaa! outloud :blushing:

That is awesome!! Great job!!
    [/quote

Disaster!!!!!!! Great Job!!!!! Isnt that the best feeling??? Keep pushing play... Im happy for ya! :)]
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Ok so I have been positive and motivated and focused for this first two weeks. I can feel muscles that weren't there before. My thighs and calves are firm, arms are firming up. I can tell a difference in my upper abs. My problem is this....barley any weight loss, which I a m trying not to focus on because of building muscle. But I was hoping for some inches lost at least. Nothing is fitting any different. My jeans fit exactly the same! My legs even though they have firmed up, are not any smaller. My belly and hips where I really need to lose it, have not changed one bit! I have not officially measured yet, but will tomorrow and I am so afraid of disappointment...cuz I already know. There's just not been a change in the size just the firmness. Then my wonderful hubby says, well you know you might even get bigger! That was no help at all!

Sorry guys! Just frustrated! I am not giving up, but it would be nice to see something get smaller!!

OK I feel better now that I got that out!! Time to get focused again!!

Stefani... You keep pushing play. Stay motivtaed... I promise that changes are being made. When you take you day 30 pics, you will see a difference. If you are sticking to the diet and bringin it during the workouts, p90 is fail proof. You are kicking *kitten*! Keep it up... The results are coming! Believe...
  • mamamitch
    Options
    Is it too late to get in on this support group? I've done the plyo about 2 wks ago, and am gonna force myself to get to the basement as soon as my husband is done with his P90X workout (he's been faithful for 2.5 wks!).... I know I need all the support I can get. How do I find you all again ? I am not real clear on how this site works and how to connect with people. I am 52 and need to lose almost that many pounds before my beautiful daughter graduates from high school in May. Is that too much to expect? Any loss is better than how I look and feel right now :( help!!! Mamamitch <3
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Is it too late to get in on this support group? I've done the plyo about 2 wks ago, and am gonna force myself to get to the basement as soon as my husband is done with his P90X workout (he's been faithful for 2.5 wks!).... I know I need all the support I can get. How do I find you all again ? I am not real clear on how this site works and how to connect with people. I am 52 and need to lose almost that many pounds before my beautiful daughter graduates from high school in May. Is that too much to expect? Any loss is better than how I look and feel right now :( help!!! Mamamitch <3

Go to My Topics at the top and you can find this again pretty easy. Supporting each other is what we are here for! So if you are ready, all you gotta do is get started. I can tell ya the first week was tough, second week was easier. My husband and I are both getting better at it! Ya just gotta do it! Good luck!! :)
  • Stefani74
    Options

Stefani... You keep pushing play. Stay motivtaed... I promise that changes are being made. When you take you day 30 pics, you will see a difference. If you are sticking to the diet and bringin it during the workouts, p90 is fail proof. You are kicking *kitten*! Keep it up... The results are coming! Believe...

Thanks! I know it will come...and it's gonna take time. And will be well worth it in the end! :)
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Ok... I need more advice. So I am on Day 35 and I thought there was a perfect plan in place. Ive gotten significant results from the "fat shredder" phase. I decided early on that I was going to do 45 days on fat shredder and 45 days "Energy Booster". Now I am freaking out because Im worried that I wont continue to see results when I switch over in 10 days. I dont want to waste a single day... Let alone many days with the wrong diet. What do you all think? I can't find ANYTHING on the internet that says ANYTHING positive or negative about the energy booster phase..... I dont want to see my results fall... and I have been awfully tired over the last week or so....

Feedback... Please. :)
    Still Pushing Play,,,
    Drew
  • Stefani74
    Options
    If you are seeing a drop in your energy level you do need those extra carbs to keep your performance at its peak during workouts, right? You have done an awesome job! I am sure you will continue to see the results! But I would love to see some other opinions as well...my husband has been questioning me as to when we are going to switch phases.

Did my measurements this weekend. So not a total failure...I have lost 2 inches. Unfortunately I lost 1 inch in my chest! LOL!! 1/2 in my waist and 1/2 in my hips. And 1 lb down from my start weight. It is working...just going to take time! Still committed and still ready to bring it!! COME ON WEEK 3!!
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    hey all...day 20....still pushing play :)

Drew- I don't know much about the nutrition guide...we are gonna start it on phase 2, we wanted to get used to working out everyday before we tried to figure out the nutrition guide...we do eat healthy still just not by the book yet :) You seem to be going great though and from your pictures you seem to be progressing nicely so I would say that following the nutrition book is good and I have also heard that switching to the different phases helps alot because it mixes your metabolism too. Tony is all about the confusion ;)

stefani- You sound like your doing great!! I have noticed the inches do come alot faster than the numbers! I am really glad we have this group, I have found that it really does help with a sense of accountability:)

well its time for me to go press play :)
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Thanks for the advice you guys... :)

Disaster... Day 20!!! Yesssss... You are rollin now!

Stefani... I think the inches are themost important thing for all of us. You are rockin it! Keep it up...

Honestly, I have only weighed myself once since I started p90x. Day 30. I don't see myself stepping on the scale again until day 60.

Day 38... Back and Bis with ARX. I can honestly say that today, for the first time, I wished AB Ripper was LONGER!!! Can you believe that? I can get through the entire workout without breaks! Mason Twists and Phifer Scissors can't see me!!!! hahaha! I feel great today yall... Bringin It.

I believe!!!
    Drew
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Hey I did 40 out of 50 Mason Twists last night! Woohoo!! Forget the Scissors!! Those things KILL me! I WILL GET THERE...I WILL GET THERE!!

I do need to push myself harder. Like with push-ups - I am doing 15 of each...I am afraid of wearing myself out if I do more. But I don't feel like I have done enough at the end. Also I am using the bands instead of the bar for pull-ups and I need a different band. I got this one at Wal-Mart and it's just not what I need. I am stronger now than in the beginning so I think it's time to push it a little more!

Plyo tonight!! Woohoo!! I LOVE IT!! :)
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    Kempo is done WOOT! I am confused about my calorie burn....last week I burned about 50 more calories than this week and this week I used weighted gloves and felt like I pushed HARD....any ideas? We are also thinking about cutting our recovery week down to 4 days cause we are going on a cruise the end of March and are wanting to try to get our last week to line up with the cruise so we can workout (treedmill...eliptical ect.) on the boat...any thoughts?