Don't be fooled by Mcdonalds Oatmeal

1234568»

Replies

• There is ZERO sugar in oatmeal. The sugar comes from the things in it. Comparing the sugar content in one oatmeal with fruit and one without does not mean the one without is "healthier" it just means it probably has no fruit or brown sugar added. There are 14 grams of sugar in a banana. It does not break down the amount of sugar per item in the oatmeal. And as a side note, all the experts that believe EVERYTHING at McDonalds is unhealthy, you are right - it is much worse for you than a celery stick. However, if you are comparing it to a sit down mom and pop restaurant that is serving the SAME THING it is probably MUCH healthier as there are literally millions of people ready to condemn McDonalds if they have .001% too much fat in anything. Compare the same foods at Cracker Barrel and see what you come up with. 616 calories in the 1/2 pound Cracker Barrel hamburger and 42g fat. So maybe just don't order the 1/2 pound burger from ANYWHERE!!!! Duh!
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    There are far more processed, crap quality foods floating around at the average supermarket these days than at McDonalds. Especially in the freezer section.
  • When you go to Mcdonalds just make it a cheat day without counting calories.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    think of it like how my mom used to put it.

it's oatmeal....just shut up and eat it
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Ya even the "Healthy" food at those places are unhealthy. High in sodium, calories and sugar
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    I put more sugar than that in the oatmeal I make at home. Also a tablespoon or two of butter. And then I crumble crispy cooked bacon on top.

Yumyum.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I enjoyed it recently! I was staying in Vegas, so no means of making my own breakfast. The food court in the hotel didnt have many healthy options, so one morning I enjoyed the McDonalds oatmeal. Yeah, it was too sweet for my tastes, but in that position, it fitted into my desire for a filling breakfast.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    I always order my evil McDonald's evil food with extra demons... delicious!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    why do people seem surprised by this. you're a fool yourself if you think you're gonna get something healthy from that place
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Thanks for the information I was going to try it, I have never had oatmeal before and thought this may be my first step out because of how good it look and how it sound but I think not now that I have look at the infomation you posted.

I am addicted to oatmeal - I could eat it every day. I used to eat it with brown sugar but I cut that out. I buy the Quaker rolled oats (not instant ones though). 1 cup water, 1/2 cup oats microwave 2 minutes. Then I top with chopped walnuts and ground cinnamon. Lately I have been adding wheat germ too. They are sooo good this way and very low in sugar with some protein and fiber.

Mmm....that sounds really good. I have some rolled oats at home. Maybe I need to give that a try. :smile:

i'm addicted to oatmeal as well. i eat it daily, sometimes more than once a day. my favorite is with unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon (apple pie!!), chocolate protein powder, pb and maple syrup, or vanilla protein powder and pumpkin spice
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    why do people seem surprised by this. you're a fool yourself if you think you're gonna get something healthy from that place

Because if you make oatmeal at home and add your own fruit, brown sugar, and milk it's magically more healthy?

What's that you say, it'd be the same? So the problem isn't the oatmeal it's the totally optional toppings that you are in no way obligated to use?

Well hell.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    the only thing I do not like about going to mcdonald's for oatmeal is because I don't know the approximate proportions of sugar and they often make it a tad too sweet for my liking....I'm more of a savory oatmeal person, but when I make it sweet, i don't see it being much healthier than the fast foot alternative - just a better quality oat (nothing of significant importance outside of taste)
This discussion has been closed.