ANYONE LOST WEIGHT DOING ZUMBA?

Options
Has anyone lost weight doing ZUMBA?

Replies

• kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    I'm curious about this too. I really want to try it on days I can't get to the gym but don't know if I can part with the money.
  • kadenpup82
    kadenpup82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I personally have not but a friend of mine started with Zumba DVD's at home and lost 30lbs. She then got certified to teach it to keep herself motivated in doing it and she has been able to keep the weight off with doing Zumba.
  • lisa_lotte
    Options
    I have :-)
    I have only been doing Zumba for a few weeks but it really works (if you put the effort in). Im a regular gym-goes anyway so I dont actually find it that hard as a workout, but it's so much fun you dont notice how hard your working. It's really addictiver too as I started going once a week and now go 3 times a week. It will work muscles you didnt know you had, the hour goes sooo quickly and burns a lot of calories. I would difinately recommend it :-)
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    I just got the wii game, and hope to start taking a class starting next week, so I really hope the answer is yes :)
  • kwgatlin
    Options
    I've got a friend who's lost 18 inches doing Zumba. I'm thinking about trying it!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I love doing it in a class with other people. The time really flies by. Don't know if i would be as motivated at home, tho.
  • Mashisha
    Options
    Zumba is a great work out! The calorie burn is amazing! I was taking 3 classes a week before transfering at work. Trying to get back into the classes, but I have a big commute now. I would say give it a shot and see how your body reacts to it! It's a great time!
  • ms_april
    ms_april Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It looks so fun but I got the Wii zumba and have tried it a couple times and hated it. It moves so fast (even the tutorials) that I feel completely lost with in two or three minutes. It just keeps telling me how "great" I'm doing and moving ahead even though I'm totally lost. Maybe a real class; idk.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've only done it once, but I can't see how it's possible to do Zumba regularly and NOT lose weight! It's a phenomenal workout that will leave you drenched in sweat.

You can look up videos on You Tube and try to follow along to see if you'd like it.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Combined with counting calories using MFP I go to Zumba at my gym 3-4 times a week, sometimes 5, it's amazing!! I've lost 9 pounds since 1/3/11 and I know the Zumba is helping. It's a great work out and even though I felt lost the first few times and even sometimes now it's an amazing work out and I'm dripping within 10 minutes!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on MFP who has lost over 60 lbs. and she mostly does Zumba. She loves it and will tell you it's changed her life.
  • saranda73
    saranda73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!! It's so much fun you forget you're exercising!!!!! I just started a regular fitness program so I haven't seen much results yet. But if you're thinking about it, I say go for it!!!! It really does feel like a PARTY!!!!!!!!
  • cyndi101
    Options
    I just started doing Zumba at a local club about 2 wks ago. I love it. It is about the most Fun you can have while getting a Fantastic workout, that is for sure. A little hard to follow at first but you can catch on pretty quick.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I lost 2 inches on my waist in the past 30 days. That's how long I've been doing Zumba for the wii!! My middle is my last to go problem spot, too. I also got a heart rate monitor for Christmas, so after trying all my exercise routines and machines I can say Zumba is DEFINATELY the go to exercise for efficient high cal burn off in the least time of all the things I do! No matter if I can do it correctly or not as long as I keep moving and trying I'm burning it. My husband was a disbeliever that it should "do anything" but he changed his mind. He's a computer guy, so the HRM numbers proved it to him, and I think the 2 inches in a month speaks for it's self!
    My 25 yr old was home at Christmas and tried it. She also liked it! But I eased into longer time and she hit it hard off the bat and couldn't keep up! She was too sore!

A GREAT addition to change up your workouts or as the only workout!
  • kps1104
    kps1104 Posts: 58
    Options
    YES! I started back in October going only 2 times a week and noticed a complete change within a month! My hubby always tells me how I am slimming down and I noticed about 8lbs gone, mostly lots of toning. But he always compliments me, but when I noticed the difference I was hooked :) Unfortunately I went on vacation for a while and gained the weight again, but now I am back on track and am going 3 times a week! I have already noticed the changes, its amazing and it's so much fun!

On average I burn 1000-1200 cal per hr. I wear a watch to monitor my heart rate and such, but you have so much fun you don't realize how much you are burning off till you see it. I would highly recommend it to anyone :)

I swear the toning is amazing! My legs have taken a crazy change...I mean I would notice so many dimples when I would sit and now they are mostly gone! That is what it has done for me, so I am crazy about it...I hope you guys try it!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Yes! Love it.have been going for the past 9 months and love it.i used to have a baby tummy which has now gonee? And im much more toned. I lost 16 pounds and over 14 inches in total over hips, arms, bum p,thighs. Would def recommend it :)
  • Karmel1840
    Options
    Well I hate the treadmill...lol...soI want to do zumba a couple times a week and then lift weights on the other days
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I got the xbox kinect game for Zumba and WOW!! I'm too shy for classes but hope to go to one soon. I do it 3 times a week and have lost 4 inches off my waist alone this month!! It makes it go by so fast! Its so much fun! I have lost almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks when I started doing it. LOVE IT! It does move fast but I just kept going until I got most of it. lol I'm still learning it. lol. With the kinect it keeps track of your body movements and turns green when you get it right so you know if you are doing it right or not. If you can't get to a class and have an xbox I would get this game for sure! :)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    If you love it and will DO it, you can lose/maintain your weight doing anything :)

Zumba is one part of my successful fitness routine.

Charmagne
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I average burning about 800 calories per class and do at least 2 classes a week. I just got the dvd's for home and can't wait to try them out. My main exercise has come from zumba and 30 day shred and I've lost 40 lbs!! So yes it will pull the weight off you!