Zumba for the Wii

Options

Replies

• smashingroses
    Options
    I definitely thought it was challenging at first cause I expected it to be like DDR. I kept at it, and then it was all figured out. Don't give up cause you will catch on! :) I love ZUMBA!
  • smashingroses
    Options
    I would also like to add that I have the second game for Zumba Wii and it's supposed to be a more difficult game. After you've finished with the dance/song, the game tells you how many calories you've burned. Choosing a song that's about a moderate level only burns 47 calories according to the game. My question is how are so many of you claiming to burn so many calories in 20-30 mins?
  • Jenniriggins
    Jenniriggins Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yes...go to zumbacalories.com
  • shayrn
    shayrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask this same question, can not seem to find out how to figure this out with the game it self, the game is great though, love it!
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I definitely thought it was challenging at first cause I expected it to be like DDR. I kept at it, and then it was all figured out. Don't give up cause you will catch on! :) I love ZUMBA!

Thanks! I don't have any coordination hahaha
  • Hj723
    Hj723 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    How do keep the stupid belt from moving up off your hips and spinning around at your waist. It's driving me crazy!!!
  • jessicaf1981
    Options
    I bought it at Walmart and it came with the belt. I love it. When I googled it I found that an hour of Zumba is like 536 calories burned, it didnt specify if that was the class or whatever. Im curious to know the exact amount as well. If you find out plz post
  • jessicaf1981
    Options
    go to www.zumbacalories.com to find out how many calories burned for zumba for the wii, I did 40 min and it calculated 331 :happy:
  • Antoinette135
    Options
    Yeah! I would like to know how many calories do you burn doing the 45 minute workout on the Wii Zumba Fitness. Also I got it at GameStop too for $39.99. It comes with the Zumba belt too! Love it! Without the belt it's like $34.99 I believe. Zumba is fun too!
  • PinkSkinnyMini
    Options
    go to this website

http://www.zumbacalories.com/

it will help!
  • fdavisdarthard
    fdavisdarthard Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It varies from person to person, its best to wear a heart rate monitor to track your total calories burned. I burn more calories when I teach Zumba than when I go to someone else's class or use Wii.
  • nisey4999
    Options
    Love the Just Dance games have held off on Zumba because I'm not very coordinated. How hard is it too learn the steps. Noticed many of u had class experience before.:ohwell:
  • maryhall13
    maryhall13 Posts: 1
    Options
    How do you figure out how many calories you burned?
  • AndyF86
    AndyF86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found this in my search to see how many calories I would burn (as i have gone slightly over my daily limit) and this is what I found in my search!

http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • sapphies
    sapphies Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just bought it. Very excited to try it out. I have the bodymedia armband, so it will be interesting to see how many calories it says I burn.
  • anilynnxx
    Options
    I love Zumba for the Wii! It's definitely my favorite workout. I find myself looking forward to it pretty often!
    >> For anyone that's still looking for a way to calculate the amount of calories you burned during it all, I use this website: http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

I hope it helps! :)
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I did the Zumba 3 for the WII for months and would burn between 450-500 calories..
  • maguido
    maguido Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What heart rate monitor does everyone use???
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii for the first time today... I got it as a Mommy's Day present from my hubby and kids... I did the mid intensity - Dance Studio #5 full workout = hour and approximately 8- 10 songs... Sorry, I didn't keep count... At the end, it said based on my status that I put into my profile (weight, height, age etc) that I burned 799 calories and got 86% accuracy.... I agree with others this may be a little high for a burn, but I'm using it since I don't have a heart monitor and really don't want one either... When I do the Zumba Fitness Exhilarate DVD's (started them 6x/week for at least an hour on cardio only days and 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours every other day for cardio and Zumba Ripped (toning and Sentao) I use caloriesburnedhq.com under Zumba for an estimate, which usually says I burn about 632 calories for mid intensity... However, one of my besties on here, says you can burn up to 1000 calories in a high intensity class, so she thinks my burn is pretty accurate... Regardless, I always will err on the side of caution with my daily nutritional goals just to be safe...
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I did the Zumba 3 for the WII for months and would burn between 450-500 calories..

What is Zumba 3?!? Is that Zumba Fitness - Core?!?