Any women doing p90x

Options
124»

Replies

• KS212
    KS212 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry, trying to figure out these message boards. It was a double post.
  • KS212
    Options

5:30AM to 7AM - Consume 1 scoop of whey protein with water and workout till 7AM. Post-workout, I consume another scoop of whey protein with water. Since I am vegetarian, I don't get decent supplies of protein. But I found that this combination actually reduced post-workout soreness since protein helps muscles recuperate.

Thanks for the replies. What type of whey protein do you buy and where? I'm not new to exercise, but I've never had any type of protein drink, so I'm not too familiar with them. Right now I'm drinking chocolate milk after my workouts as a recovery drink. I typically workout from 5:30-6:30am. Should I be eating/drinking anything before hand?
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options

5:30AM to 7AM - Consume 1 scoop of whey protein with water and workout till 7AM. Post-workout, I consume another scoop of whey protein with water. Since I am vegetarian, I don't get decent supplies of protein. But I found that this combination actually reduced post-workout soreness since protein helps muscles recuperate.

Thanks for the replies. What type of whey protein do you buy and where? I'm not new to exercise, but I've never had any type of protein drink, so I'm not too familiar with them. Right now I'm drinking chocolate milk after my workouts as a recovery drink. I typically workout from 5:30-6:30am. Should I be eating/drinking anything before hand?

Copy paste this link on your browser and read the response given by BigAugie. He's given a very detailed explanation of when you should consume protein shakes and why. It's really helpful.

As for protein shakes, there are a million in the market and there are a million protein derivatives too. They say Whey protein is the best since it gets easily absorbed in the system.

http://fairlyfit.com/2010/02/20/p90x-supplements/ This link should help you understand more.
  • KS212
    Options

Copy paste this link on your browser and read the response given by BigAugie. He's given a very detailed explanation of when you should consume protein shakes and why. It's really helpful.

As for protein shakes, there are a million in the market and there are a million protein derivatives too. They say Whey protein is the best since it gets easily absorbed in the system.

http://fairlyfit.com/2010/02/20/p90x-supplements/ This link should help you understand more.

Thanks for the link. I think its a good resource!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90x... round two actually. The 1st round I lost 24 pounds and felt great! Good luck ladies!!
  • KS212
    Options
    I didn't push play this morning. I have a sick kid at home that hubby is with today while I am at work. He was vomiting, so not good. I feel guilty about not waking up early but he has been up the past 2 nights. I plan on getting the workout in later. Sometimes life throws you curveballs, but if we learn how to hit them then its all good right? Oh well, keep bringing it everyone!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Kim I hear you about those darn curveballs... we just have to learn how to handle them. I think that you have a great plan - to do it later today. Good luck!

Did Yoga this morning and it left my muscles feeling better... thank heavens!

Make it a great day!
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It's yoga morning for me. I can barely get off the chair to stand up! :-(

Hope yoga makes it easier.