I faced death this week

Options

Replies

• formytwins
    Options
    That was amazing....I am speechless. I am here for you also!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :sad: :heart: :flowerforyou: wow I was definatly crying for that one.Im here for you send me a request if you like.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I am so glad you got this second chance! I am really glad your children have you, you will not give up without a fight! Just think of the example you are for your children! You can do this- you're in control!!
  • matina29
    matina29 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience. You helped me realize again how important it is to fight for health and work hard!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I know someone who died waiting for surgery, they were a little older, but still too young.

No one is asking us to be models, or Olympic athletes. Just be healthy.

Next time I see the inevitable "Losing Motivation" post I will refer them here.

Good Luck and feel free to freind us.
  • lisas3bbabies
    Options
    Linda, you are such a strong woman! Keep your faith alive and keep fighting for your family...I know you can loose the weight and live a happy life with your children and husband! You are inspiring and talented! ~Wow, what an incredible writer you are! You are worth every hard decision life brings, so keep your chin up! Thanks for sharing!
  • kforrest1
    Options
    Thank god you get a second chance. Your story is very inspirational and i have passed it along to others. Good luck to you and stay strong.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    OMG, I could just see you writing to your kids and hubby. As a married mother of two I can't imagine that feeling. I could really feel the artist in you through your story. What an eye opening experience. Sounds like you have the motivation you need to get on with this journey. Feel free to friend me! You can do this!
  • prencesskl
    Options
    You had me in tears even thinking about leaving my son. You can do it! You have all the motivation in : )
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. This testimony is important to give. I wish more people could get the message!
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    Your story has touched me. Just yesterday I spent all day at the hospital with my Mom. She was having chest pains. Dr was talking about the possibility of doing a heart cath on her. Found out this morning that she was just not gteting enough oxygen. You wrote something about the alternative of not doing anything to get healthier. I have seen that first hand. My Mom has never tried to help herself. She now lives in a small, one bedroom apartment. Her kitchen, bathroom and bedroom are no more than 15 feet away from her recliner. She can barely walk to any of them. It is mostly do to she never wanted to get out of her recliner. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mom very much. But, I have noticed recently, if I do not do something about it now, I will be in her condition within 15 years. It is a real eye opener. 2 weeks ago, I joined on here ready to make a difference in my life and my family's. God has given me strength I never had before. There are so many "friends" on here who I have never met but somehow they care about me enough to encourage me every day. I have been blessed with this website and all the new found friends on here. I will do my best to be an encourager for you! God bless you!
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow !!! Thank you so much for sharing your story, I started my Journey 10 days ago to a Healthier me for myself, children and grandchildren, your story has so much " Inspiration " and I wish you are the " Best On Your Journey " WE CAN DO THIS !!!! I sent you a friend request would love to be friends with you :-)
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Wow. Thats about all I can say to start with. I'm so glad your here and shared your story. Feel free to add me if you want to. My family has a history of heart problems as well. I'm only 25 but am trying to take precautions now-- having watched my grandparents go through many issues and surgeries. I wish you the best of luck in your jouney. God Bless.
  • em_lou007
    em_lou007 Posts: 117
    Options
    wow thanks for sharing your major life experiences - thankyou also for your motivation which is encouragement for me to keep going.
    If you need me for anything i'm here please pm me :smile:

em xx
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You just brought tears to my eyes. You truly are an inspiration!!!
  • Hotlips69
    Options
    I cried through this! Your words are inspiration for us all. I think in many ways we have all been there, in different ways, medically, physically and maybe emotionally. We all need to fight this battle together take up Arms against this Disease called obesity! Your words are unbelievably inspirational, something to Live by! We all need to realize how precious our lives are. So lets get control and fight the hardest fight we may ever have to face!
  • nighthawk327
    Options
    Wow, you got me in tears here. Thank you for sharing this sobering (and inspiring!) story. So glad you survived the surgery and have a great new attitude. I, too realize I will probably never be what society thinks of as thin, but as long as I can lose enough weight to finally be healthy again, I will be much happier. :) What you said about moment-to-moment decisions is so true, I started finding that out myself recently! Will be thinking of your story as I'm exercising today. :)
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story! You've come to the right place; MFP is full of caring, supportive people.

You can do this!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story **sniff**
    I can only imagine having to write those letters to your kids & hubby....heartbreaking
    So glad you are okay! Good luck to you.....add me if you like
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    as a mother of a 6yr old boy and a 3yr old girl i have tears in my eyes as i read your post......you completely and totally put this CHOICE to MAKE A CHANGE in perspective for soooo many that say i'll start tomorrow....there could be NO TOMORROW....START TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish you well on your journey and will be sending you a friend request because i truly want to see how you succeed in this mission to make the most of your life for yourself and your children.....

good luck to you and be well....