I faced death this week

Options

Replies

• StephMH
    Options
    Your words moved and inspired me. Thank you so much for sharing your story; it will impact so many.
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    wow.....very moving. I'm so glad you are still here to be a mother and a wife :-)

I'm sure after that experience you don't need us to tell you to stick with healthy eating habbits....what a wake up moment you went through!

I would suggest looking into movies like " food inc"...."king corn" and " the beautiful truth" for some insight on how your body can heal itsself with the proper foods...
    I wish you all the best.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    OMG is the first thing I can think of to say. THANK God you are o.k. is the second. and THANK YOU for sharing your story is the 3rd.

We have been blessed with another day to get it right - good luck to you on this new adventure. I am 48 & afraid that I may not get to see my Grandchildren grow up. They bring such great joy to me. I want to be here as long as possible.

Your story is being taken to heart by many of us. (((HUGS))) to you.
  • StephanieBFree
    StephanieBFree Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am so Pleased that you are here to tell us your story. I would be honored to be a friend. I am there to lean on and to help keep you motivated. I am looking forward to seeing you achieve your goals.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and glad you are here with us. This is a great reminder for me to spend quality time every ;moment with people I love and cherished.
  • nataliemra
    Options
    Wow.. just Wow! God bless you!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much for sharing your experience. It hits so close to home. I am glad you are ok and I hope you continue to get well.
    I am going to send you a friend request. I am in this for the long haul no matter what.

Best wishes and thanks again!!
    God Bless you and your family.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Very moving, thank you for sharing. It's wonderful when we realize (through whatever motivation) that taking responsibility means gaining an immense amount of power to control our destiny and live our lives in a healthy and happy way. All the best to you and your family. Stay strong!
  • fourbcrew
    fourbcrew Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing a very difficult time of your life. Now you have charge and I am here to help because I'm on the journey to get healthy for my family sake. ******HUGS
  • amberleemoore
    amberleemoore Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. We are all here with you! Glad you were given such an amazing second chance!
  • blackbyrd61
    blackbyrd61 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Simply..."Thank you"
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    YOU can do this!!! Congrats on making such a life changing decision!!
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing. It sure puts things in perspective. Best to you on your journey.
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Wow Linda what a Powerful read. i came to my realization alost in the same way I had a Mild stroke and my children were devistated. Dad the superman that was never sick or had to go to the hospital was there and not so super any more. you are a strong powerfull woman and you know you can do this we are awed by you and will be here to help any way we can.
  • slummymummy
    slummymummy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Kinda put things into perspective for me. Thankyou for sharing your personal story, and I wish you the very, very best of luck with your journey. It'll not be easy, but there are obviously so many people here ready with their support and advice. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Wow! Glad you are here to share this with us!! With all the trivial things around us daily this sure puts things into perspective
  • jennk221
    jennk221 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Linda,
    I faced several of the same things a couple of years ago when I was in my mid thirties...It is devastating to have your doctor tell you that you are 35 but living in the body of a 70 year old! It took me a while to stop feeling sorry for myself, but I finally did and I started my healthful journey almost a year ago. Good luck and I will be here to support you!!
    Jennifer
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WOW i can feel your renewed life force in every word...that was powerful and incredible to read.

Congratulations on your successful surgery, onwards and upwards... Yvonne:happy:
  • KatieJoDunlap
    KatieJoDunlap Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    completely speachless!!! God bless you on your journey
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    :sad: In tears reading your story. I am so thankful you made it through!!!! Congrats and good luck :heart: