Brides on a Mission: Week 5

124»

Replies

• myring.jpg ..........my new engagment ring...short story i was owed a new one due to my parents picked n payed for my old one....and this one is bought n picked out by my hubby...which is way more important to me... =) sorry took so long to post but just got it today.... and im sorry so big of pic...not sure how to adjust
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    I have been the same way. I haven't change the weight, but on monday of this week i was 5 pounds heavier than my ticker says i am. but since monday I lost 3 pounds!!!! I know i should of changed my weight but its like i didn't want to admit it to myself. so I won't change it until I get below the weight that I am in my ticker now. Anyway I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoys whatever they are going to do!

I never adjust my ticker up! To me its just extra motivation to get back to the weight I was at on my ticker.. its almost punishment that I lose a lb but don't get any credit for it because I had already lost it before.. ya know? It's way more painful to go weeks without being able to post a weight loss for me.
  • kgs0201
    ..........my new engagment ring...short story i was owed a new one due to my parents picked n payed for my old one....and this one is bought n picked out by my hubby...which is way more important to me... =) sorry took so long to post but just got it today....

gorgeous!! congrats!!
  • ..........my new engagment ring...short story i was owed a new one due to my parents picked n payed for my old one....and this one is bought n picked out by my hubby...which is way more important to me... =) sorry took so long to post but just got it today....

gorgeous!! congrats!!

thanks hun! =)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    WHO HOO! Big news for me, in terms of weight and inches lost. I weighed myself last night and came to this conclusion:
    I lost 15 pounds since September 2010.
    I lost 2.25 inches on bust, 3.25 inches on hips, 2.25 inches on my waist, and 1/2 inch on my thighs as of 2/4/11.
    I still have 41 pounds to go, but it feels so good that I lost five pounds in the last month. As long as I get close to my goal, I’ll be proud of myself.:-) Four months and two weeks until the big day…

eaglesfan426 - I agree with you that it’s much more convenient when you have a ton of family coming in from out of town, to have the ceremony and reception, and even the hotel accommodations all together. We got two out of the three accomplished – the ceremony and reception are both in our church, but the hotel that we reserved room with is about ten minutes away. Dan has a lot of elderly relatives, so we wanted to make things easier on them.

Greenpianokeys – Congratulations on your weight loss! That’s fantastic. Glad to see someone else enjoys and has made as much progress with MFP as I do.

lilRicki – That really stinks that your HRM sabotaged your results. We buy those types of things to help us reach our goals. I just bought a body fat percent and BMI calculator that I love right now. I still haven’t gotten around to a HRM, though… not sure I want to, after your experience!:-P In any case, I’m sure you’ll get right back in the swing of things in no time. I’m glad you’re not letting this setback discourage you!

Jennplus2 - $3000 is a really tight budget. I remember Dan’s family laughed at me when I said $8,000… now I’m up to $10,000 and struggling to keep in there! Dan sounds just like you’re finance though. He mentioned eloping once to cut down on costs, but he knows that it’s important to me to have my family there to witness our vows, so he’s given up on that idea and is now “dealing with” the whole wedding planning thing. He’s just not all that into it…*sighs*

wannabrn10 – Don’t be embarrassed by your weight loss ticker. For a while, mine had pretty much plateaued, especially around the holidays. Now I’m finally making progress and I’m sure you will too. We appreciate you keeping the thread going. I’m checking it pretty much every day!*LOL*

kalebsmama07 - Wow! You’re ring is very pretty. Thanks for sharing!:-D

gainskb – We sound a lot alike. If I gain a bit, I’m not changing the ticker. That just discourages me. I just work extra hard to make sure that it goes down the next time.:-) I actually went up 2 pounds over December (all those durn goodies), but now I’m down five within the past month… totally makes up for it, even if I’m deluding myself somewhat.*LOL*

Shannon
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    O.K. guys! I need some advice...again!:blushing: Since I have so much that I want to lose by the time I get married (September 30th of this year) I was going to wait until early June to go dress shopping in hopes that I will have lost a significant amount of weight by then. Is this a bad idea? Should I go sooner? It seems everyone is suggesting that on all the wedding timelines I have seen. I just want to be sure that WHEN I do lose the weight my dress will be able to be altered that much? Help! Thanks!
  • O.K. guys! I need some advice...again!:blushing: Since I have so much that I want to lose by the time I get married (September 30th of this year) I was going to wait until early June to go dress shopping in hopes that I will have lost a significant amount of weight by then. Is this a bad idea? Should I go sooner? It seems everyone is suggesting that on all the wedding timelines I have seen. I just want to be sure that WHEN I do lose the weight my dress will be able to be altered that much? Help! Thanks!

JennPlus2: we originally thought we could have a budget of $3,000.....Right now...the count is up to $10,000. It's always more than you think it's going to be...

Agoessli: I can say this much: my mother forced me to go dress shopping with her right after thanksgiving 2010....We ordered a dress in size 26. I'm getting married this coming October. I lost 15 pounds my FIRST month on MFP....I know that I'm going to lose at least 50 pounds before the wedding. Dresses can be altered down 2-3 sizes (depending on where you go).

My heart will be broken if my dress won't fit. My advice is to wait as long as you can, especially if you are dropping pounds quickly. It'd be awful if you lost so much weight that they couldn't alter your dress down anymore.
  • Hey All! I will be posting a new thread from Brides on a Mission week 6 sooner then normal today. With the super bowel tonight, I know I wont be on to post then. Please feel free to use this thread still through the rest of the day!
  • kgs0201
    O.K. guys! I need some advice...again!:blushing: Since I have so much that I want to lose by the time I get married (September 30th of this year) I was going to wait until early June to go dress shopping in hopes that I will have lost a significant amount of weight by then. Is this a bad idea? Should I go sooner? It seems everyone is suggesting that on all the wedding timelines I have seen. I just want to be sure that WHEN I do lose the weight my dress will be able to be altered that much? Help! Thanks!

Honestly... I wouldn't wait that long. Dresses take up to 6 months to come in if you have to order them. If you were planning to go to somewhere like David's Bridal than you can wait as long as you want since you buy the dress off the rack at David's. It is a good option if you want to wait and then you just need to leave enough time to have it altered.

I ordered my dress back in July and it came in at the end of October and was WRONG. So we had to send it back to the designer in November and it's still not back in. I'm terrified that when it does come it still won't be right (the V was cut WAY too low on it so we had to send it back to ask for the V to be higher)... my wedding is in June so I won't have time to send it back again but I am SO glad we went almost a year in advance to get it.

If you are that confident in your weightloss goals then go ahead and order it a size smaller. You know your abilities and determination so while the people you order from will be saying "no no no" its ultimately your choice what size you order it in. And I don't believe in ordering it a couple sizes too big which they tend to suggest - that's just downright crazy!!!
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member

What you really should do is go now but talk to the people at the place, everywhere is different, they will have a better idea of how long it will take, and if you need to order it now you can always order a size smaller and then wait to get it altered. best of luck!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    New thread - Brides on a Mission: Week 6 is located here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/168765-brides-on-a-mission-week-6

Shannon
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Hi everyone-- I'd really like to join!

1. Name: Emily
    2. Age: 31
    3. City: New York
    4. Occupation: publishing
    5. Wedding date: June 3
    6. Fiancés name: Jay
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 7 years yesterday
    8. Heaviest weight: 160
    9. Goal weight and date: 140 by May
    10. Favorite type of exercise: spin class!
    11. Favorite healthy food: pumpkin

Brides on a Mission: week 5 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: hmm...just started, and will have to start measuring
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): my 7-year anniversary with my fiance
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): fiance is going to be out of town on Valentine's Day. Not a huge deal, but still, not ideal.
    4. What are your wedding colors: teal and coral
    5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: seeing people that I haven't seen in awhile, being in Sonoma. I'm already amazed by how nice and supportive people have been about the wedding, and love that about planning. Our friends/family are the best!
    6. Any wedding news updates: we're going to visit our venue in March to finalize a bunch of details
    7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: defnitely dieting. I have a crazy sweet tooth. I also work out a lot and have to remind myself that that doesn't allow me to eat whatever I want.
    8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): missed this one, but wish I hadn't! I definitely need less stress...
    9. Weekly wrap up: Glad I found this board. I think I need something like this to keep myself on track and be really focused on my goals.
  • Welcome! Please repost this on the week 6 board. A new weekly board goes up every Sunday night. Please see the link posted about your post. Thanks!
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    1. Name: Desirae
    2. Age: 24
    3. City: Minneapolis
    4. Occupation: Paraplanner
    5. Wedding date: August 27, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Kevin
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 188
    9. Goal weight and date: 170: March 15th (mini goal)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: body works class at my gym.. its some cardio/some strength training
    11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 5 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I'm staring today... :-) Will let you know next week!
    2. Highlight of the past week: My friends adopted a baby boy on Friday!!!
    3. Lowlight of the past week: I cant stop eating sugary foods.. like I CRAVE them! :(
    4. What are your wedding colors: lime green and damask (black & white floral)
    5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: marrying my best friend!
    6. Any wedding news updates: Bridesmaid dress shopping next weekend!!!
    7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: DIETING! totally!! I'm cool w/ the exercising.. just not what I eat!
    8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): I'm just joining this group!!!
    9. Weekly wrap up: I'm excited for a hot new bod!!!!
This discussion has been closed.