Lose 60+lbs by October 31st Challenge!

Options
I know Halloween is months away, but do you or have you ever wanted to fit into a smaller costume so you can look good at a Halloween party? Please join me as this will be my first time starting a challenge! :smile:

I just felt very motivated and wanted to take on some responsibility of being in charge of a challenge. So does anybody want to join me? :happy:

Here is the format to post with your starting weight, copy & paste if you please :flowerforyou:

SW:
GW:
Exercise program(s) you're doing:
Costume you'd like to be able to wear by Halloween:

That's about all I can think of for the format. Weigh-in's will be on Monday's (or if you're like me and you weigh in sometime on the weekend, you can post it for Monday 8D). I will set up a spreadsheet/form on Google Docs since I've seen another group do that and I thought it was pretty interesting.

Also, I may need a helper to help me out just in case I am unable to work on everybody's information due to no internet or anything like that. It has happened before :(

Here are some rules I go by while I'm trying to lose weight, you can too if you want :tongue:
* Drink at least 100oz of water a day
* Drink green tea after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
* Do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, with one day of rest.
* No fast-food of any kind.
* No soda pop.

Okay, I think I've said everything I had to. Now to post my information :)

SW: 327.6
GW: 252 (75.6lbs!)
Exercise program(s) you're doing: Walk away the pounds 1 mile & 2 mile walk and Wii Sports Boxing.
Costume you'd like to be able to wear by Halloween: Deidara (from Naruto), North Italy (Hetalia), and Matt (Death Note) (These are cosplays that I am trying to be fit for an anime convention :D)

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Ok, this will be my first challenge :smile:

SW: 186.2
    GW: 130 (56.2 lbs down)
    Exercise program(s) you're doing: Jillian, Turbojam, Kettlebells
    Costume you'd like to be able to wear by Halloween: Something I can't wear in public :love: :bigsmile:
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thanks for joining the challenge! :bigsmile:

I kinda hope more people join this, or I'll feel a little silly :blushing:
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You could try posting in Introductions as well? :smile:
  • turntechBiologist
    Options
    Yes! Go ahead! :flowerforyou:
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Please count me in maybe I can make this :-)

SW 190
    GW 120
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    SW: 177
    GW: 117 (60 ib weight loss)
    Exercise program(s) you're doing: jillian michaels 30 day slim down for the month of february
    Costume you'd like to be able to wear by Halloween: 5404806289_519de125a0.jpg
    rm4154 by kizzy_muss 5405411550_4336386ff1.jpg
    rm4154-1 by kizzy_muss
  • turntechBiologist
    Options
    Thanks for joining, Spunky and Kizzy!

@Kizzy I love how that costume looks! :heart:
  • talvarez2011
    Options
    I'll join your challenge, Jess :)

SW: 272
    GW: 212
    Exercise program(s) you're doing: Walk away the pounds 2mile and walking at work
    Costume you'd like to be able to wear by Halloween: I don't know yet
  • mbrown82314
    Options
    I'm in! Can't wait! ( I wanna lose a little bit more than 60, but at least 60)

SW: 254
    GW: 194
    Exercise program(s) you're doing: Carido 5X a week (walking, swimming, elliptical)
    Costume you'd like to be able to wear by Halloween: Not sure yet, something extremely scandolus since I've never been able to! :)
  • turntechBiologist
    Options
    Thanks for joining, mom, and mindee! :D

If no other people join then I guess we'll have a small group ^^;;
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've never done a challenge before but would like to join this one.

SW: 220lbs (ish, I need new scales I think)
    GW: 160lbs
    Exercise program(s) you're doing: Not following any particular exercise program. Wii Fit, walking the dog, possibly the Biggest Loser on the Wii too.
    Costume you'd like to be able to wear by Halloween: Not a costume as such but I have some lovely gothic clothing I've not been able to get into for the past 4 years and I'd like to be able to wear it again.
  • turntechBiologist
    Options
    Okay, so far it looks like it's only 7 of us, how lucky! :bigsmile:

But others are welcome to join in whenever. Just remember we weigh-in on Monday's! So be ready for next Monday! Other than that I wish everyone luck on their weight loss goals! ^_^
  • turntechBiologist
    Options
    Okay, since we're not a really huge group, I'm just keeping track of our weight and everything on a spreadsheet I made in Open Office :)

I hope everybody is doing a wonderful job working hard towards next weigh-in! :drinker:

weightchart1.png

...actually seeing how the image for the spreadsheet turned out, I think I will make one in google docs so everyone can see and keep track ^_^;
  • turntechBiologist
    Options
    I made the document, so you will be able to view your progress! :)
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AsvHsrtjZ-R3dF82Y2JYOHpHcWNMR3Ywd0RBZXdBRWc&hl=en&authkey=CLPvjPwI

And make sure you either post your weigh-ins in here or message them to me :D
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    ohhh My first challenge! I love it!!
    okay
    Sw: 194.4
    Gw: 140
    and I would love to be able to wear a cute little skimpy outfit!

I only have been ever able to wear a skimpy outfit for halloween (referree) and even then i wore leggings because i was ashamed of my legs!
    so this year, i would like to try it again, with no leggings!

I really need help though!
  • turntechBiologist
    Options
    Yes! Another person to join! Thank you! :')

I'll have to edit the spreadsheets again, but I don't mind because I really like working with them now XD

I cannot wait until next Monday! :happy:
  • saeverman
    Options
    I'd love the challenge! It would put me below my original goal weight, but at the weight the surgeon wants me at.

CW: 191 (2/2/11)
    GW: 131
    Costume I'd like to wear: Still thinking, but leaning towards sexy french maid.
    Exercise Program: Wii fit, training to walk in the Indy Mini Marathon in May, water aerobics, and walking on a treadmill
  • sezp
    sezp Posts: 69
    Options
    Hey, I'd really like to join too if you don't mind editing the spreadsheet again!!

SW: 221
    GW: 160

I'm doing my own kind of thing - using the Slimming World rules, but sticking to my calories for the day. Working pretty well so far, lost 7.5lbs the last 3 weeks.

Exercise: I walk 30 minutes every day, cycle 30 minutes 3 times a week and do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred whenever I can :-)

Good luck everyone!
  • turntechBiologist
    Options
    Nope, I don't mind changing the spreadsheet! I'm just really happy more people are joining in on this challenge! :flowerforyou:

I will edit and upload the new spreadsheet later in the evening! :happy:
  • turntechBiologist
    Options
    Alright, I made the new chart! Didn't have time to upload it last night, but I got it done now! :)

weightchart1-1.jpg