February Move your *kitten* Challenge....

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,386 Member
    Added 3 more miles. =)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    I'm going to get in some more miles today. I don't want to clock in few miles on week 2 and then have to push hard during the last days to meet goal!
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Sorry - haven't been checking in but..............5 miles on Wednesday and 5 miles on Thursday - plus 3 more for Friday (might be more later???) Thanks!!!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Ran 5.3 miles in 60 minutes this morning. :bigsmile:

Twenty years ago I was running 10K under an hour, but by the time I started mfp, I could hardly run a track lap. Last summer I completed the C25K program and I'm now running 10-15 miles each week. 150 running miles later I can assure you that at 6'3" and 250 lbs, grace is not my middle name.

To keep myself honest, I do a Cooper test every month (12 min run to assess your VO2 max http://www.brianmac.co.uk/gentest.htm).
    - Last August I could walk/run a mile/ 1.6K in 12 minutes. :sad:
    - On Jan 7, I ran 1.25 mi/ 2K in 12 minutes which is above average for my age group. :happy: O course, with the MYAC miles I expect to be faster in Feb :huh: One way or the other, even if I'm not faster, I'll keep moving my *kitten* and pushing my limits :glasses::drinker:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    great job dinos....keep moving your *kitten*....soooooo glad i coined this phrase for "our" group.....
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Ran 5.3 miles in 60 minutes this morning. :bigsmile:

Twenty years ago I was running 10K under an hour, but by the time I started mfp, I could hardly run a track lap. Last summer I completed the C25K program and I'm now running 10-15 miles each week. 150 running miles later I can assure you that at 6'3" and 250 lbs, grace is not my middle name.

. . .

Good for you. My "twenty years ago" statement would be comparable to yours. I can only hope that, some day, I'll be able to say similar things about my progress as what you said here.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    5.36 on treadmill and elliptical today. :drinker:

I need it to get nice out again! That way I can go to the gym, then do my evening walk/jog at the park!
  • TeamLeela
    3.0 miles today (2 on the bike, 1 on the elliptical)! Wow, I updated my ticker, I really need to move my *kitten* so I can make goal. This weekend, I'm going to try to put in 10 miles so I can be back on track for the month...
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Hi, Walked 6+ miles today.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Bundled up and ran 2.5 miles and walked .5 miles! It's really hard to run outside in Montana in the winter!!
  • gehlerc
    I wish I could say my motives today were pure, such as in the past when I've said my fellow MYA participants have inspired me. But today, what motivated me to get on that treadmill was the fact that it would burn enough calories for me to have a much-needed adult beverage. Had a bad day today. :sad:

On the bright side, my husband has demonstrated he is now well-trained. After I complained to him for a bit--and he patiently listened--he said, "Now, go get on the treadmill and burn off some of this anger." Good guy. :smile:

After all that, bottom line is that I'm reporting in with 5 more miles on the treadmill today.

Coni
  • vhuber
    WTG Coni! We always have to make adjustments huh???
  • gehlerc
    WTG Coni! We always have to make adjustments huh???

LOL! Yes, vhuber! Like you having to bundle up so you can run outside in Montana in the winter! I considered running outside today and--remember I'm a wimp?--opted for the treadmill. :smile: I admire your fortitude.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Just 2.93 done today. I'm tired.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Hi, 6 miles walked today.
  • TeamLeela
    2 more miles today. I need to do much more tomorrow to stay on track!
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    1.75 miles today......over 70% of it jogged!!!!! This is the first time in my three months of MYA Challenges that I have been able to do that!!!! :love:

Anyone by chance walking in the Chicago Avon Walk for Breast Cancer??? The weather is going to get nicer and it'd be nice to get some people to walk outdoors with. Just wondering :huh:
  • Current Mileage: 38
    Goal Mileage: 75

Oops! Got side tracked by my kinect and forgot to walk/run for a couple days... But I've got mad skills now for a dance off! :laugh: Don't worry! I'm back to it!
  • vhuber
    I had 35* this morning at 10 a.m., so I ran 2.5 outside!!! The weather is teasing us Montanan's!:wink:
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Please add me to this challenge. My goal is to log at least 200 miles. I already run 25-30 miles a week, and then log another 20-25 miles/week walking my dogs and briskly walking 20-30 minutes at lunch every day.

Today: 8 mile run, 3.5 mile walking dogs = 11.5 miles
This discussion has been closed.