• markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Freerange - you rock!

Way to go!
  • markja
    Options
    Hey sorry I'm late! Can I still join in? The first of February I was 225.8 lbs. Target weight of 215!

JJ, C'mon man, let bcampbe2 in.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Looks like I'm late to the party but this fits my goals for the month.

SW-260 (FEB 1st)
    GW-250 (MAR 1st)
  • jjcunningham85
    Options
    Hey sorry I'm late! Can I still join in? The first of February I was 225.8 lbs. Target weight of 215!

JJ, C'mon man, let bcampbe2 in.

Ok, ok, if you're going to twist my arm I guess I'll allow bcampbe2 in. Heck, while I'm at it, I'll let Outersoul in as well. lol. The more the merrier, anyone who is dedicated to changing their lives and losing weight is welcome!

P.s. Markja, got your starting weight correction.
  • triton4u
    Options
    Im in. looking forward to meeting this challange of the first 10 lbs. It is a struggle but if you find the right diet plan and the right support group, you can do any thing you set your mind to. So yes count me in on the next 10 lb, my starting weight as of today is 231.:flowerforyou:
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am in sounds great. I will post or send you my weight Monday.
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Me me, I'm down for this!!

My starting weight this month was 270.5!
  • SirJFK
    SirJFK Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm in too... For a while I was thinkin only the women had challenges :)

SW 249
    CW 243
    GW 190 (to start)
    MGW 233 Feb 28th
  • markja
    Options
    I'm in too... For a while I was thinkin only the women had challenges :)

SW 249
    CW 243
    GW 190 (to start)
    MGW 233 Feb 28th

My wife says that I'm her challenge!
  • jjcunningham85
    Options
    Ok guys, here's this weekend's challenge. it's probably going to be the biggest challenge of the month. The Super Bowl! A few people have expressed to me that they are taking Sunday as a "free" day or "cheat" day. And I get it, trust me I do, and if i had to pick one day out of 365 each year to go nuts, it would be Superbowl Sunday!!

You can take it as a 'free" day but still make some good decisions that arent going to blow your entire week of hard work and dedication. For example; I'm going to drink beer, why? because I love it and it's the freakin' Superbowl! My beer of choice is a hefeweizen such as Blue Moon or Shock Top. Both of these beers have roughly 170 calories. However I'm going to make the choice to drink a light beer tomorrow such as Bud Light which only has 110 calories, or even better yet (calorie wise) that new Budweiser select 55, with only 55 calories. This is going to allow me to splurge and drink some beer for the big game, but not wreck my entire week.

Another good way to allow yourself to over-do on delicious foods is to make sure you get in a really good work-out Sunday morning. If you've already burned a few hundred calories that day, it's not going to hurt so bad if you go a little overboard during the game.

A third and final tip is to pair unhealthy foods with healthy ones. Some guys I know may disprove my next statement, but in general, our stomachs have a finite amount of space, meaning you can only eat so much at a given time. So if you can get some healthy stuff in there, it will leave less room for bad stuff. For an example; I love BBQ, if I could live on it and not be the size of an African Elephant, trust me, I would. On top of all the delicious beef, chicken, and sausage, my favorite part of BBQ is the fixin's. All the sides that are typically boiled in butter or deep fried. So what I'll be doing for sure is cutting out the unnecessary carbs. Like the piece of bread to sop up the excess BBQ sauce. And going with healthier sides like boiled cabbage, green beans, and cauliflower to compliment my Brisket and Sausage. Also when it comes to snack foods make good decisions. Like instead of normal fried potato chips, get the baked variety, and use "light" or "fat free" ingredients when you can.

Overdoing it on food is similar to overdoing it on alcohol, it's a lot of fun while your doing it, but the next day you're going to feel like crap. The difference is, within a few hours after waking up from a night of drinking you start to feel better, you're going to feel bad for a while after a night of excessive eating from the guilt because you know it wasn't worth it.

If you toe the proverbial line for too long and never allow yourself to have any fun or splurge a bit, you'll drive yourself nuts and be miserable. So have fun, eat some good food, but I challenge you to make good decisions while having fun. You'll be glad come Monday morning if you can meet this Challenge.

Please add some good healthy food or drink options here, and any thoughts that you may have on the subject.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Jay C.
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I went to the Doctor Jan 28th weighed 223 I will as all post weight on Monday. my goal 160
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I am going to be at a friends place so plan on having some devilled eggs, may have to get rid of the yolk part depending on how they were made. Of course veggies and as I don't like ranch or blue cheese I'm good there. Maybe a bit of chili if they make that. Not planning on beer because I am attempting not to drink at all but may have one.
  • vzepol
    vzepol Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good post. This whole thing for me is to get back to some level of moderation. I gave up beer in December, I still miss it a little. I may have, god forbid, a glass of wine and keep a glass of seltzer in my hand for the rest of the day.

I too am working out in the morning. 3 miles on the treadmill and 30 +/- minutes lifting weights.

For those us with out a horse in the race let's hope for a good game tomorrow.

SW 2-10 275lbs
    Feb 1. 236lbls

Will post on Monday.
  • Wayne224
    Options
    I'm in a little late - but thanks for the motivation.

Start weight 2/1 243
    Goal weight 3/1 233
  • ForTheFam
    ForTheFam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    great tips jj. i don't have a horse in the race today but love to watch the Steelers lose (Browns fan) and the new commercials.
  • ForTheFam
    ForTheFam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    so who thought weigh-in Monday would fall after super bowl Sunday? 222lbs today
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ok today 267.9 ........... 2.8 lb loss this week
  • flicker1991
    Options
    Weigh in.....

2/2 - 224
    2/7 - 220

4 pounds lost

Lets keep it going guys!!!!!
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Starting weight (2/3) - 184.5
    Monday check in 2/7 - 182.5

Didn't get much exercise in this week, just tried to make some better food decisions. I'll definitely have to get back to near daily exercise to keep the momentum going though.
  • MichaelPommier
    Options
    I'm a little late joining the party, but I figured it's better late than never. I lost eight pounds since starting MFP just after the new year then I gained one pound back and have been stuck there for the last two weeks. Here's to restarting the engine.

As of 2/7 - 313