5 ft. women -- what is your weight goal?

Options
123457»

Replies

• babyschatz
    Options
    5"1", was - 133, now - 116, goal - 110lb (fat % not higher than 21%)
  • NanRunsOnPaleo
    NanRunsOnPaleo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 1 and a whopping 176. My goal is between 125-130 max. Major struggles to lose.....No matter how hard I work out and eat right, my body refuses to lose. Still trying to figure out my problem.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 1 and a whopping 176. My goal is between 125-130 max. Major struggles to lose.....No matter how hard I work out and eat right, my body refuses to lose. Still trying to figure out my problem.

I know how you feel. It was hard for me to start losing weight. Something was stopping my metabolism from kicking in. When I "restarted" trying to lose again, I refused to work out at all. I wanted to learn how to eat right first. Once I had the food down I started losing the weight. After about 4 months I started working out. The weight is actually slower coming off now but I know it's working.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options

I know how you feel. It was hard for me to start losing weight. Something was stopping my metabolism from kicking in. When I "restarted" trying to lose again, I refused to work out at all. I wanted to learn how to eat right first. Once I had the food down I started losing the weight. After about 4 months I started working out. The weight is actually slower coming off now but I know it's working.

Dealing with similar issues here... I had a long plateau and then finally lost a few pounds last month. The last 2-3 weeks I haven't lost AGAIN. I have my calorie allowance set to my BMR, which MFP says should let me lose about .8 lbs/week. Until a few weeks ago, it was set at one pound a week and I often ate less than that (but well over 1200 calories/day). Right now, I've lost about 30 pounds in about 40 weeks (9 months, since last May)... which is great but not when you have 100+ to lose and keep hitting month long plateaus every other month!

what did you do to get to losing and to get the food part right? The last week or so has not been good here but I feel like I do pretty well most of the time. Help!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Not 5', but 4' 11, my goal is 110-115
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is to get to 110lbs. But if I look awesome at 115 thats fine too :)
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    almost 5'1 and goal weight 110...9 lbs to go.
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 1/2" I started a week ago at 145lb, today am at 142.5 and my goal is 130
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    5 ft 1 1/4 inches, currently 135, aiming for a toned 125.
    I have a sizeable butt and don't want to lose it, just be really toned.
    I was really sick a few years ago and got down to about 95 pounds
    and felt SO weak and miserable, so these days being toned and strong
    and healthy is much more important than just the number on the scale.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    5'1", aiming for 99 pounds. Currently no idea but I'm guessing around 112
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Dealing with similar issues here... I had a long plateau and then finally lost a few pounds last month. The last 2-3 weeks I haven't lost AGAIN. I have my calorie allowance set to my BMR, which MFP says should let me lose about .8 lbs/week. Until a few weeks ago, it was set at one pound a week and I often ate less than that (but well over 1200 calories/day). Right now, I've lost about 30 pounds in about 40 weeks (9 months, since last May)... which is great but not when you have 100+ to lose and keep hitting month long plateaus every other month!

what did you do to get to losing and to get the food part right? The last week or so has not been good here but I feel like I do pretty well most of the time. Help!

My min was set at 1200. I adjusted it to be 1225 so I wouldn't get yelled at for being under 1200 (I hated being in the red in calories). I'm also a processed food junkie. 3 kids and a full time job makes it difficult (for me) to cook, especially since I'm not really good at it anyway.
    Anyway, I paid close attention to how often I was eating and drinking water. I cut alcohol completely out since last August. I eat at least 4-5 times a day, many snacks thrown in. I try to make lunch my higher calorie meal. It's helped me so far. Good luck and sorry it took so long for me to respond to you!! :(
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my main goal right now is to lose 100lbs, which would put me at 165lbs. I have been overweight my whole life, so I don't have any idea what that weight will feel or look like on me. I plan to re-evaluate when I reach that goal.

I think, from what I have seen on here, that that would still be overweight to some degree at 165lbs, but I am going to worry about that when I get there :)
  • maunster
    maunster Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'1", and I am 21. I am having issues deciding what my goal weight should be. I started out this weight loss process in December 2010, weighing in at 122. At the end of march, I weighed 115, and really started taking my weight loss a little more seriously.
    I currently weigh between 104-105 lbs, and I am sad to say that I am still not satisfied when I look in the mirror. Back in March, I thought 100 lbs would be my ultimate goal weight, but with only 5 lbs to go before I reach that, I feel like I look in the mirror and still see about 10 more lbs that I can shed. What do you think? IS 93-95lbs too skinny for someone my height?

I think because you are older and have had children that 110 is an excellent goal for you! But, who knows, you might have my problem and once you get a little closer to your goal, see it needs to be lower than you thought . I dunno...I hope this helps!
  • tushiness
    tushiness Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 106 right now..want to get down to 99! taking verryyyy long to lose the last few though!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2' and I am shooting for 130. I would love to be even less than that, but I don't know if I can or not. I want to keep my goal attainable and make sure it is something I can maintain for the rest of my life once I achieve it.

I'm currently at 163. I was at my heaviest this year at 170.

I think 130 is also a number I chose, because in high school, when I was super skinny, I thought that was the number that I could never get up to. Who would have known that I would have gone another 40lbs past that number?