How much is your grocery bill every month?

Options
1235»

Replies

• skynyrdchick
    Options
    I am spending around $900-$1,000 a month for 3 adults and 3 kids. Also we have 6 cats (don't ask) and 2 dogs that are included in that! I have used Angelfood Ministries in the past and plan on starting back with them again. The food is always really good and it is SO cheap :o) Check it out to see if there is a pick-up close to you:

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/menus/menu_2011-02_en.asp

They also have a fresh produce package that has always been super :o)
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    OMG where in the hell is everyone living and spending WAY less than me...is it that much more expensive in new england? even now that im eating better its still the same...fresh produce is soooo expensive. i went ot aldi last week, still had to go to the shaws and saved 40 bucks...but evne with that savings it was still 140 a week...usually it's 180 a week :( this sucks. and this is THE VERY FIRST TIME since ive been an adult i won't meet my bills this month. im scared as crap
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Wow...I'm shocked by alot of the numbers on here...I spend about 350 for the month for a family of 5...Do all of your shopping at the closest Aldi to ya...if you have one! And for those HAVE TO HAVE items that Aldi doesn't have, I suggest signing up for Grocerygame.com . She lines up current circulated coupons with your local grocery stores for you to maximize your shopping dollars. Several people save between 30 and 70 % on their shopping bills.

I'm shocked too! I thought everything was cheaper in the States, but the figures here seem really similar to the UK. We spend about £50 ($80) a week, including non food items, for the two of us and our 3 year old. We eat out on top of that, but seldom more than once a week. One saving we have is that I don't see meat as the centre of a meal (not having eaten any for years), so for some meals we just have eggs or beans. We buy whichever fruit/veg is a good deal and frozen veg, which is cheaper and easier. Our eggs are free range, milk organic, but we buy economy lines too..

Has there been a lot of inflation in the States, or did I always have the wrong impression)