a few answers about losing 131lbs... and counting

Options

Replies

• pannet
    pannet Posts: 27
    Options
    Fantastic job!! thank you for sharing your story! I too agree with the eating of "real" food not the made up "fat free" foods!!! I'm going back to "nature"!!
    I like the idea of eating a salad for breakfast (I'm getting so tired of oatmeal!!). What else, if anything, do you have with the salad for breakfast?
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational story. I hope to have a fantastic story to share to motivate others in the future.
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    -i never eat low-fat or fat-free (too much crap)

by this i mean i eat REAL BUTTER, REAL CHEESE (good ones), REAL FULL FAT GREEK YOGURT, REAL HEAVY CREAM... etc

when they take out the fat they add sodium, articifical sweetners, sugar, tons of chemical flavorings,

it's better to weigh/measure portions of real food than just trust that "fat-free" stuff.

Thank you so much for your advice! I trully agree with the plateau thing!
    But when comes to the fat I agree and disagree. What about milk? Do you drink whole milk, or eat whole cottage cheese? I have an extremily and serious case of high cholesterol (food and genetics) and triglicerides (only food : ( ) so I do have to watch fats way more closely than most of people. I do have to drink skin milk, 2% cheese and lowfat cottage cheese, and it would be very difficult to go without light laughing cow triangles ; ))). The yogurt as you said I can live without unless I buy the greek kind. I do stay away from heavy creams and some fat free stuff b/c they are gross to my taste.
    And yes, real butter is way better for our bodies than margarine!!! Even tough I have to keep myself away from bad fats and animal fats...

That's the cool thing about being our own people is knowing what works for you. As long as you adapt and modify to your body that's all that matters. I do also use FLAXSEED oil it's excellent for the body and also COCONUT oil which now thanks to Dr. Oz the masses are learning the benefits of. As I post regarding the "real" stuff verses fat free stuff, I hold myself accountable by keeping and eye on it and logging it in.

Yeah for your victories!!!
  • newDZ
    Options

Now I need to ask you the question everyone growls about: Did you eat your exercise calories?? :bigsmile:

By the way, you have a PRETTY FACE THEN, NOW and FOREVER!!

:flowerforyou:

Sometimes I eat them, sometimes I don't. Most of the time I don't. Sometimes I'll eat a few. It depends on how I feel and if my
    body feels like it need a lil something. I love having the option however!!!

And thank you for the nice compliment!
  • newDZ
    Options
    Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing :)

Now I need to ask you the question everyone growls about: Did you eat your exercise calories?? :bigsmile:

By the way, you have a PRETTY FACE THEN, NOW and FOREVER!!

:flowerforyou:

Oh one more thing - I noted that I usually ate them a week before/during my period. I think my body at that time needed the extra fuel. It doesn't happen every time but I like the reassurance that I can have it if I need it.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    good stuff.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    it works very well and you gain confidence as the "loss" sets in and you adjust to the new smaller you. and yes, my skin had to catch up--especially my neck for some reason. But Lent approaches and my next round starts soon.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Eh. Respectable.

Lol. I'm just playin'. It's a great post to encourage a positive outlook for those struggling along their path to success. You got it down pat like a champ. I'm right there with you. Do the damn thing.
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Firstly well done! Secondly thanks for sharing. You are so right on eating healthy food that your body can digest. Love the way you keep the before & afters photos as inspiration. May you go from strength to strength! :flowerforyou:
  • westwick1
    westwick1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well done on such a fab loss and thanks for sharing, very inspiring :)
  • io63
    io63 Posts: 1
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job -- inspiring! I've just started my journey (ok, RE-started, who am I kidding?!). I'm going to take some of your hints and try them out! Thank you for sharing!
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing you tips!!! Congrats and you look awesome!!!!!
  • newDZ
    Options
    I've been asked - how long do I do my strategy?

I do it for anywhere from 3 weeks to 5 weeks. Then I'm itching to start losing again.
    I guess it's like the food equivalent of "intervals" setting on the treadmill or elliptical. Lol
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    This is such an awesome post!!! I am just doing the same thing right now. My body has really slowed down and I decided (just yesterday) to give it a break. I was only only going to do one month (all of february) but now I wonder if i should go longer? anyway I was hoping after my forced plateau that when I returned to weight loss mode that the lbs would come off a bit quicker.

thanks for sharing your experience with us!!
  • newDZ
    Options
    This is such an awesome post!!! I am just doing the same thing right now. My body has really slowed down and I decided (just yesterday) to give it a break. I was only only going to do one month (all of february) but now I wonder if i should go longer? anyway I was hoping after my forced plateau that when I returned to weight loss mode that the lbs would come off a bit quicker.

thanks for sharing your experience with us!!

I think the reason this works for me was since I had over 100lbs to lose my body needed to readjust to the new weight and my mind needed the freedom of guilt-free eating. "Guilt" is the worst additive in any food lol.

Also when I do go back to the losing steps I do it really clean-
    Egg white omelets, tons of water, tons of water veggies (ie cucumbers,) lots of dark leafy greens, lots of asparagus, lots of grapefuit, I make home made soups. Did I mention TONS of water, good sleep, lots of fish, chicken, lean beefs (I use ground meats only in the break because the fat is higher), salads w/o dressing or oil (I slice apples or thinly slice peaches, or blueberries/raspberry for flavor) I stick to mixed green salads rather than iceberg. I sometime use rice wine vinegar (the one without sugar). I use different spices to cook with so my food is NEVER boring...boredom is a baaaAd word. And I'm a helleva cook (self-pat on the back lol)

I use the George Foreman a lot but now I got the nuWAVE oven for myself at Christmas love it.

I also use glass containers rather than plastic in the microwave.

I pack food for the day to take with me.

Do most of my own cooking. If I have to grab a meal, it's always from El Pollo Loco (I love that place and sometimes I think I love them too much).

Ok that's all I can think of now... If any thoughts/strategies pop in my head I'll post.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. You look amazing. congrats.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    -i never eat low-fat or fat-free (too much crap)

by this i mean i eat REAL BUTTER, REAL CHEESE (good ones), REAL FULL FAT GREEK YOGURT, REAL HEAVY CREAM... etc

when they take out the fat they add sodium, articifical sweetners, sugar, tons of chemical flavorings,

it's better to weigh/measure portions of real food than just trust that "fat-free" stuff.
    I agree. I have started in the last month or so to avoid processed foods and low fat alernatives. I put a little bit of butter on my veggies and cook in tiny amounts of olive oil instaed of fake stuff. I also made some yogurt concoctions with real stuff instead of fat free. I eat less but i freeze it in little cups so it turns into a brick. It may not be much but it takes awhile to chisel away at it so it lasts longer than eating it regular. :happy:
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Great post and congratulations on your weight loss! I have actually made my goal back in November 2010 and am now working on learning to maintain (I'm now 8 lbs under which is OK). The only thing I differ on is sleep. I try to get a full 8 hours every day. After all, you can't be eating while you sleep.
  • newDZ
    Options
    Great post and congratulations on your weight loss! I have actually made my goal back in November 2010 and am now working on learning to maintain (I'm now 8 lbs under which is OK). The only thing I differ on is sleep. I try to get a full 8 hours every day. After all, you can't be eating while you sleep.

Too funny "can't be eating while you sleep" . I do aim for 8 and average around 7. There have been times I'm gone to bed super early too and I figure my body needed it.

Congratulations to you too. I am excited about reaching my goal.
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to post this!:flowerforyou:

Congratulations on your victory!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!