geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Congratulations on the commitment :)
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!
  • cmahaffy
    Options
    What's wrong with Splenda? Why stevia over splenda?
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    bump
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with Splenda? Why stevia over splenda?

Stevia from a plant. Splenda chemically produced. A lot of new research on the issues of body's reaction to splenda.

But even with stevia I limit and sometimes I use sugar ( the body knows how to breakdown these natural forms rather than the chemical stuff)
  • teagle
    teagle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks so much for the inspirational post!
    I recently joined MFP, and it is such a great resource for me.

I like your tip about eating real food instead of fat free and sugar free food.
    I have discovered that healthy food can be more satisfying than the unhealthy food,
    and one of my favorites is raw chocolate fudge.

I also discovered that I will need to cook most of my food in order to eat healthier.
    A great resource to help me with cooking healthier is Clean Eating magazine.

I read the success stories section everyday to keep me motivated, and I look forward
    to sharing my own success story before the end of 2011.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    -i have my vision board as my screensaver on my phone
    LOVE IT!! Congrats!
    - i listen to good motivational speakers
    Who do you listen to?
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    -i never eat low-fat or fat-free (too much crap)

by this i mean i eat REAL BUTTER, REAL CHEESE (good ones), REAL FULL FAT GREEK YOGURT, REAL HEAVY CREAM... etc

when they take out the fat they add sodium, articifical sweetners, sugar, tons of chemical flavorings,

it's better to weigh/measure portions of real food than just trust that "fat-free" stuff.

Amen to that! I 100% agree with you. A gal I know gained all her weight back because she had never adjusted her body to portion control...she would eat 4 fat free hotdogs in one sitting and thought it was fine. When she got sick of eating fat free, she went to regular things but still ate big amounts and gained it all back. I've always thought that if I am going to make it a life style change forever, I'm going to eat things I can see myself eating forever. Now and then I will eat lite sour cream (I like that better) and I use spray butter...(again, I like that on my popcorn). But fat free is just not realistic and I agree- lots of chemical flavorings.
    Again, splenda, etc...I stick to real sugar and count it in my daily cals and eat smaller portions.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    - i listen to good motivational speakers
    Who do you listen to?
    [/quote]

I also want to know who you listen to?

Congrats on such an amazing weight loss- you look fantastic!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    -i never eat low-fat or fat-free (too much crap)

by this i mean i eat REAL BUTTER, REAL CHEESE (good ones), REAL FULL FAT GREEK YOGURT, REAL HEAVY CREAM... etc

when they take out the fat they add sodium, articifical sweetners, sugar, tons of chemical flavorings,

it's better to weigh/measure portions of real food than just trust that "fat-free" stuff.

Amen... When you have the real deal it's a treat and takes less to satisfy you. When you eat the imitation stuff I always find I've eaten 3x more that I should and still don't feel satisfied.

Some folks say "all things in moderation" I don't buy that. Some foods are just not everyday foods. They are special treats to be eaten in small portions on rare occassions.
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it! Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing.

1630152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter[/url
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. How inspiring! I can't imagine ever wanting to dig right into a salad first thing in the morning, but good for you! You look awesome!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Bump!
  • jwheele
    jwheele Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Loved your post. Congratulations on you weight loss!
  • Beclidd
    Options
    You look great I sure hope I can do the same thing I need to lose at least 100 pounds. How long did it take you to lose the weight? You eat a salad for breakfast everyday (that seems different lol). I have lost 18 since Jan. 3 but now it seems like it isnt coming off but I am still working at it.
  • newDZ
    Options
    You look great I sure hope I can do the same thing I need to lose at least 100 pounds. How long did it take you to lose the weight? You eat a salad for breakfast everyday (that seems different lol). I have lost 18 since Jan. 3 but now it seems like it isnt coming off but I am still working at it.

yes i eat two handfuls of trader joe's mixed green salad with my 2 eggs and 2slices of bacon. or with my veggie omelet. it's a great way of getting extra veggies. i started doing this because at a restaurant they offered mixed green as a substitute for hash brown or toast on their "lean menu"... and i thought wow GENIUS!!!!

it's a big help.
  • newDZ
    Options
    i started eating salad with breakfast 2 years ago by the way.
  • newDZ
    Options
    one more thing i recommend hearty greens, like baby or mixed greens, arugula and or kale. iceberg and romaine just don't add up in my opinion.
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You should be a motivational speaker...WOW! Your notes have been so helpful to me and I an so Inspired!!!! Thank yuou so much for sharing this with us!!! I believe that tid bits of info is such a big learning tool!!! Have a great day and you still look marvelous! Best wishes!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!