Maybe TMI... how much do you think boobs weigh?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've wondered before, too... Well, after reading this, I had to go check. :blushing: (I should probably tell you that I really HATE not knowing the answer to something. When I was a kid, I actually counted how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop - 832)...

First of all, BRRRRR! The scale was cold!

Second, I had to check four times to make sure it was right (I set the scale on a counter and hoisted the "girls" on top) and I got the same number each time.

Third, my 38G's weigh a total of 6.8 pounds. I started out as a 44F so I would guess they were probably closer to 8 pounds then?
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have wondered this too. Nobody would understand unless they have big breasts. I have always had large breasts that feel like they weigh me down and mine are smaller than yours! I have wondered this.
  • Suzy_B
    Suzy_B Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 I had a reduction that took off about 5 1/2 pounds total... I wasn't quite that big (EE maybe?) and was reduced to a B/C. Of course, they've grown a bit since then, but I'm sure you have quite a few pounds there!

This matches what I heard from someone who had a reduction....so all in all they'd be about 10lbs total. Feels like more when you're lugging them around though...
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've wondered before, too... Well, after reading this, I had to go check. :blushing: (I should probably tell you that I really HATE not knowing the answer to something. When I was a kid, I actually counted how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop - 832)...

First of all, BRRRRR! The scale was cold!

Second, I had to check four times to make sure it was right (I set the scale on a counter and hoisted the "girls" on top) and I got the same number each time.

Third, my 38G's weigh a total of 6.8 pounds. I started out as a 44F so I would guess they were probably closer to 8 pounds then?

Love that you tested it out!!! lol
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    lol well the weight of mine def 4 sure wouldnt make one bit of a difference on the scale :/ any weight the scale says unfortunaley is def not due to that issue 4 myself
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My ex-wife lost around 5-6 pounds via her breast reduction many years ago. It made a huge difference in her comfort level - especially in her back. Not sure how one could really pull this off...save for placing one on something like a food scale at a height where you wouldn't be pressing down on the scale.

Not a darn thing wrong with the topic, I say.
  • POOKIE19
    Options
    Lmao and I thought i was weird when i tried that. Im not alone I see!
    Now to add a boob question: Do your boobs get smaller as you lose weight or am I forever doomed to have these huge things???
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Now to add a boob question: Do your boobs get smaller as you lose weight or am I forever doomed to have these huge things???

People are different, some lose it there first, some don't. I believe that they will go down, just like you'll lose weight everywhere else. I sure hope so.
  • antipholous
    Options
    Not a good conversation going on here. Who really cares, obvioulsy you are not here to share about healthy eating and weight. I think you have another agenda. There are other chat rooms for this sort of stuff.

And this is the post you decide to be your debut into the MFP community. *kitten*.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

People are different, some lose it there first, some don't. I believe that they will go down, just like you'll lose weight everywhere else. I sure hope so.
    Some people lose it there first, others lose it last. It should go down somewhat, though by how much is going to vary by person.
    After a little over 50 pounds lost, mine have gone up a cup size but down in actual measurements (I've lost more around my rib cage than on my actual chest, so the band size went down and the cup size went up). I'm hoping to go down to a size where I can at least buy bras in normal stores by the time I'm done.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Not a good conversation going on here. Who really cares, obvioulsy you are not here to share about healthy eating and weight. I think you have another agenda. There are other chat rooms for this sort of stuff.

And this is the post you decide to be your debut into the MFP community. *kitten*.
    I concur. What a fahreak.
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    great question, i've always wanted to know.

When I used a contraceptive pill, my boobs grew but I weighed less. Then I stopped using the contraceptive and I gained like 10 pounds, and my boobs got really small.
    Weird!
  • twinsfan1976
    Options
    Any lady that has posted in this thread is welcome to friend me! For scientific reasons of course.
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    Options
    Any lady that has posted in this thread is welcome to friend me! For scientific reasons of course.

HAHA... makes me now wonder how many guys have viewed the profile photos of the posters in here - for scientific purpose as well of course.
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    And this whole time I was thinking I could take like 20 lbs off for my chi chis. This is very disapointing! I got up to a J-cup when I was pregnant and I was literally just a ball. It was horribly unattractive.
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this too. I hope someone has some honest answer, like the women who had the reductions. I'm not quite sure how to do the math, though... Is there a pound/cup size ratio? Not even kidding, I'm dead serious here... Mine don't shrink with my weight, really either. As a busty woman, I advocate that this topic is ABSOLUTELY LEGITIMATE, and a GENUINE CONCERN for large-chested women.

I'm going to Google the topic and I'll post again if I find any real answers.

AND to the anonymous-faced poster earlier on the thread: Maybe you are the one with issues about sex and the nature of the human body, but don't condemn the rest of us for not having the same hang-ups as you. Breasts are not "dirty", and a mildly-suggestive joke doesn't make another FMP user some kind of pervert. Maybe you should discuss this with your therapist.:frown:
  • Rena313
    Options
    If having big boobs really DOES bother you, reduction (surgery) is definitely the way to go. One of my colleagues had it done because it caused her to have backaches. I don't hear you mention anything about that though.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    And this whole time I was thinking I could take like 20 lbs off for my chi chis. This is very disapointing! I got up to a J-cup when I was pregnant and I was literally just a ball. It was horribly unattractive.
    :noway: WOWZA.... thats insane J...didnt know that was possible!.

awesome thread tho...i really feel for all u ladies who have to deal with that...i know it must be really hard
  • Rena313
    Options
    How much do you think YOUR boobs weigh?
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

HAHA... makes me now wonder how many guys have viewed the profile photos of the posters in here - for scientific purpose as well of course.
    This guy! :laugh: