Maybe TMI... how much do you think boobs weigh?

Options

Replies

• Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I am curious about this too. I hope someone has some honest answer, like the women who had the reductions. I'm not quite sure how to do the math, though... Is there a pound/cup size ratio? Not even kidding, I'm dead serious here... Mine don't shrink with my weight, really either. As a busty woman, I advocate that this topic is ABSOLUTELY LEGITIMATE, and a GENUINE CONCERN for large-chested women.

I'm going to Google the topic and I'll post again if I find any real answers.

AND to the anonymous-faced poster earlier on the thread: Maybe you are the one with issues about sex and the nature of the human body, but don't condemn the rest of us for not having the same hang-ups as you. Breasts are not "dirty", and a mildly-suggestive joke doesn't make another FMP user some kind of pervert. Maybe you should discuss this with your therapist.:frown:

I looked it up all over google, never got a good answer. It all comes down to firmness and everything, and they didn't have much on my size.

Love your comment about the poster! It made me laugh. I mean really, I am 19, computer literate, and have a webcam- if I wanted to do anything he is implying I would obviously go elsewhere. :] Not that I would.... just saying!
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    And this whole time I was thinking I could take like 20 lbs off for my chi chis. This is very disapointing! I got up to a J-cup when I was pregnant and I was literally just a ball. It was horribly unattractive.
    :noway: WOWZA.... thats insane J...didnt know that was possible!.

awesome thread tho...i really feel for all u ladies who have to deal with that...i know it must be really hard

Yeah, it was intense. I couldn't breast feed my son because he'd get mad everytime I tried. it just sufficated him, it sucked.

Giving myself until October to lose the weight before I go in for a reduction.
  • Karleyyy
    Options
    If having big boobs really DOES bother you, reduction (surgery) is definitely the way to go. One of my colleagues had it done because it caused her to have backaches. I don't hear you mention anything about that though.

I breastfeed so it isn't an option right now. Plus no money! And you have to jump through a million hoops for doctors to say that it is really a medical issue. I would love to though, someday!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Did some quick research and found an article on the physics of bras. It said a d-cup ranged from 15-23 pounds and compared it to two small turkeys!
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    "An average set of 36D breasts weighs between 6-8 pounds" That would be 3-4 pounds apiece. I would imagine that the +/- of the 1 pound would have to do with density.
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    If having big boobs really DOES bother you, reduction (surgery) is definitely the way to go. One of my colleagues had it done because it caused her to have backaches. I don't hear you mention anything about that though.

I breastfeed so it isn't an option right now. Plus no money! And you have to jump through a million hoops for doctors to say that it is really a medical issue. I would love to though, someday!

Start having your doctors document now. My regular doctor documents my back issues and my gyno does the same. Plus they say if you have enough tissue its no problem. I hope its true because my insurance is crap lol
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Any lady that has posted in this thread is welcome to friend me! For scientific reasons of course.

HAHA... makes me now wonder how many guys have viewed the profile photos of the posters in here - for scientific purpose as well of course.
    This guy! :laugh:

I mean, every poster? :huh:

:tongue:
  • twinsfan1976
    Options
    Any lady that has posted in this thread is welcome to friend me! For scientific reasons of course.

HAHA... makes me now wonder how many guys have viewed the profile photos of the posters in here - for scientific purpose as well of course.
    This guy! :laugh:

I mean, every poster? :huh:

:tongue:
    Just jokin around :)
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Being fat bothers me, too, but I'm not about to get lipo, either. There are ways to make things perkier and firmer without chopping off body parts. My breast make my back hurt when I run...so I wear 2 sports bras when running, rather than cutting them off. To each her own, but many of the gals I know of who have had breast reduction probably could have lost some of it on their own, or at least exercised the supporting muscles. I'm not generalizing, I know everyone is different. I just think any kind of surgery is a very serious thing and shouldn't be taken lightly.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Have a big chest sucks and sometimes we need to vent about it!!!

I Agree! It's horrible sometimes, isn't it? Especially looking for clothes. Grrr.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I would say my boobs are atleast 10 lbs each...and I'm not loosing the weight there first so i've been working my core cause soon there will be no stomach to help me out lol sad but true.
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options

Being fat bothers me, too, but I'm not about to get lipo, either. There are ways to make things perkier and firmer without chopping off body parts. My breast make my back hurt when I run...so I wear 2 sports bras when running, rather than cutting them off. To each her own, but many of the gals I know of who have had breast reduction probably could have lost some of it on their own, or at least exercised the supporting muscles. I'm not generalizing, I know everyone is different. I just think any kind of surgery is a very serious thing and shouldn't be taken lightly.

I do the exercises to keep them perky but by the time I lose all my weight, ill probably still "gift" myself a lift.... and because I've heardthat with some people its nearly impossible to get a flat belly after kids, a tummy tuck too?? All just talk no definites.
  • Karleyyy
    Options

I do the exercises to keep them perky but by the time I lose all my weight, ill probably still "gift" myself a lift.... and because I've heardthat with some people its nearly impossible to get a flat belly after kids, a tummy tuck too?? All just talk no definites.

I have two kids. If anything, I would want a tummy tuck. I think about both a lot.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I have never had that issue always been small
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Options
    Not a good conversation going on here. Who really cares, obvioulsy you are not here to share about healthy eating and weight. I think you have another agenda. There are other chat rooms for this sort of stuff.

I really dont think she means it in a perverted way!!! My boobs are HUGE. I often wonder myself how much of my weight is taken up by them. Its a normal thing to think.. Also I have many people tell me that it is my chest that makes me look the size I am. So talking about the weight of your chest can be body weight related. It would also help one try to figure out how much they need to lose. Not all of us lose fat in our chest. I certainly dont! Relax a little!!! Have a big chest sucks and sometimes we need to vent about it!!!

I'm not that big but have also wondered the same thing . . . only a DD, LOL, but surely that has a bearing on being 5-10 lbs more, though still a healthy weight. I didn't get a pervert vibe off this post either . . . though some funny responses!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options

I have had 3 kids, I have gotten my flat belly back after 2, and I am convinced that when I lose the weight, I will have it back a 3rd time. I am sure it is genetics (although, my mom has never had a flat tummy to my recollection), and I was blessed to not need a C-section with any of them (although it was close with #1)
  • Karleyyy
    Options

I have had 3 kids, I have gotten my flat belly back after 2, and I am convinced that when I lose the weight, I will have it back a 3rd time. I am sure it is genetics (although, my mom has never had a flat tummy to my recollection), and I was blessed to not need a C-section with any of them (although it was close with #1)

I have had two c-sections. I know that it won't go back to the way it was, but I am young and it could be worse.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't know, maybe if you let me hold them I could tell you... lol..
    I had too! Come on. I have no idea? Try putting them on a scale? Is that even possible?

Yes!!! Hilarious!

Seriously, if you're a woman trying to lose weight, it's crossed all our minds.
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    Two small turkeys! HAHAHAHAHA! Mine are comparable to navel oranges. I weighed 4 oranges on my food scale today and only got back 2.5lbs. I thought it'd be more. Now...if we were talking about *kitten* size/weight, you'd have a MUCH HIGHER number from me!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I had a reduction when I was 17 and the doctor took off just over 5 pounds all together. I think it as 3 pounds and 2 1/2 pounds. I was a 36 ff I think and was reduced to a 36 c. It was wonderful. And even though I have since gained weight (4 pregnancies in 5 years!) I am still only a 38d (since losing weight). Hopefully, I will get back to a 36 c as I continue to lose.