What Gym does everyone use?

Options
124»

Replies

• bdavenport62
    Options
    Live in GA and use LA fitness. It's seriously less than 2 miles from my house! I just wish they opened earlier than 8 on the weekends :(
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I have a FANTASTIC gym that I go to. Everyone is soo friendly and supportive. And no one laughs at you when you fall over doing a yoga pose. It's otherwise known as my living room! My dogs are the only ones around when I exercise and they could care less, but when I do fall they do come to my aid! :tongue:

Ditto! I have my machines in a spare bedroom and it's just me & my 4 small dogs. They give me funny looks at times, but they can't laugh or comment. hehe
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I just joined the brand new Snap Fitness that opened literally a mile from my house.. no excuses!!! Been a member since December 4 and I LOVE IT!!! Just got back from a nice workout, actually. Awesome equipment, very friendly people (I love my small town) and supportive staff. I love that I can go nationwide if I'm on vacation or something, and am super happy with my membership on a monthly basis. Can't wait until the snow all melts so I can run back and forth to the gym!!!!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Live in GA and use LA fitness. It's seriously less than 2 miles from my house! I just wish they opened earlier than 8 on the weekends :(

Where do you live in GA, I used to go to a LA Fitness that was about 2 miles from me but found I didn't use all the extras so now I drive further to the Am. Bodyworks. My apt. complex has a fitness center but I don't like using it because it stinks (BO) and it is always hot as can be inside.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym and Planet Fitness

When I want to lift heavy I go to Gold's. For the cardio and a change of scenery I go to PF. I use them both hard and got to the gym 4-6 days per week.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I use the one at my work. It's not much but it has a treadmill, elliptical and full range of free weights, which is all I need really. :happy: Plus I walk and hike a lot on the weekends and use my Wii to dance my behind off. :laugh:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    All American. I like it because it's more a family fiitness place than a hard body place. There are people of all different shapes, sizes, ages, and levels of fitness.
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My work has a fitness center, and they offer 7 week classes for only $10, doing Yogalates this round. I also have a work out area in my basement.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have a home gym, so I use that. Consists of a few pieces such as,

Sole Treadmill
    Powertec Rack, Powertec Leverage Leg Machine
    Barbell, Iron Weights
    Hex Dumbbells, Ironmaster Weights
    Resistance Bands
    Powertec Shape System
    IronMaster Bench
    Powertec Lat Tower
    Northern Lights Leg Ext/Curl
    and the misc accessories of gloves, collars, straps, etc etc.
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I go to Genesis Healthclub in Wichita. Its about 20 miles one way from my home. :( But I like it compared to YMCA. Never really busy, one branch is open 24 hrs a day except on the weekends, and a lot of free group classes.
  • jeniferclark
    jeniferclark Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Golds and I Love it!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I use one called GreatLife Golf & Fitness, not sure if they are many places other the KS but only $30 a month for the whole family(including greens fee if you golf) open 24 hrs with lots of classes I love it!!
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    Planet Fitness. I love it, plus you can't beat $10 a month!
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
  • charlenekco
    charlenekco Posts: 20
    Options
    YMCA
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness...love it!