Non Scale Victories (NSV)

Options
13»

Replies

• Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hope this isn't too much information.....but I had to go and buy some new knickers in Marks and Sparks today....the ones I was wearing felt worryingly loose :embarassed: . Definitely a NSV, though :laugh:
  • Ida13
    Ida13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Resisting each and every temptation my husband dangles in front of me..... a can of cola, chocolate mousse and cream profiteroles, take away dinner. Anybody else have unsupportive husbands?
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    1. Out of habbit I now park in the futherest parking spot away from the building now. (No more wasting time or gas trying to find a close parking spot)
    2. I now fit in jeans that were to tight to wear.
    3. Since I'm not eating fast food, neither are my children same goes for soda.
    4. My team at work as me everyday what I have for my healthy lunch and I've gotten two people to do MFP with me!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Resisting each and every temptation my husband dangles in front of me..... a can of cola, chocolate mousse and cream profiteroles, take away dinner. Anybody else have unsupportive husbands?

YES. I hate it. Yesterday I finally said either you can eat healthy with me or not eat in front of me. He eats what I make but then has a soda or gets a cookie and gets me one too. Things like that. So he promised not to do it anymore.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    *being able to run over 10 miles
    *finally being able to close the button/zipper on a pair of jeans that have been my test jeans for quite some time
    *feeling healthy and strong
    *I now look forward to working out
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    The NSV of which I'm most proud: My Resting Heart rate went from 84 (March 2010) to an average of 48 currently! Talk about a change. I'm in the best shape I've been in since high school.
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My NSV's include: The way my clothes are starting to fit; its phenomonal. Im wearing 1-2 sizes smaller than when I started. I feel great because I work out consistantly, My energy level is outrageous. And I log in on MFP religiously!!!! (BTW, my scale hasn't budged, but Im not losing hope!)
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My NSV...I can wear all my smaller underwear now!! I was down to only a few pairs that were comfy, and now I have a LOT more! :)
    My smaller bra fits too, but I'm not sure if I'm happy about that one...LOL
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Jewel-Osco usually has out chocolate chip cookies at the bakery for free.

My husband asked if I wanted one. (they also had out cupcakes this time... frosting is my VICE!)

I SAID NO, without even thinking twice. :)
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    I no longer think of fast food as "normal food." When I watch my co-workers eat out of styrofoam containers for lunch everyday, I sincerely do not feel jealous or deprived! What they are doing is not normal...what they are eating no longer looks like food to me.

Whether I brought my food from home, or made a healthier purchase out, both my palate and eyes have shifted so that greasy, low quality, wilted food in styrofoam no longer looks good to me. (Of course, greasy, high quality food on a plate, still does look quite delicious...its all about moderation....hehe)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!