Any gamers?

Options

Replies

• emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You are all speaking a foreign language....wow, is this cause I am old???? :sad:
    I'm out of the loop too Tiramisu:ohwell:

for all the non and casual gamers, some common gaming acronyms and terms used so far in this thread

rpg=role playing game
    ftw=for the win
    level=characters skills and abilities that increase during gameplay
    guild=some rpg's have guilds, which are like clubs based on abilities/occupations/charater types within a game
    LAN=local area network
    coop=cooperative play
    drop in drop out=other coop players can join or leave game play whenever they like
    hot evil gypsy mage=the character i will be when fable 2 comes out

please add!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    You are all speaking a foreign language....wow, is this cause I am old???? :sad:
    I'm out of the loop too Tiramisu:ohwell:

for all the non and casual gamers, some common gaming acronyms and terms used so far in this thread

rpg=role playing game
    ftw=for the win
    level=characters skills and abilities that increase during gameplay
    guild=some rpg's have guilds, which are like clubs based on abilities/occupations/charater types within a game
    LAN=local area network
    coop=cooperative play
    drop in drop out=other coop players can join or leave game play whenever they like
    hot evil gypsy mage=the character i will be when fable 2 comes out

please add!

Pretty good start to me. :bigsmile:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    lets see, haven't gamed in a while, usually think of pen and paper rpgs when people say gaming so i guess i'm just a low tech dork. never could get into any of the online games. video games are my enemy, i love playing them but , well, i just suck at them lol, finally started getting decent at halo with my friends, i love board games that require strategy and thinking not just luck, also love trivia games, my head is filled with lots of useless knowledge.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    lets see, haven't gamed in a while, usually think of pen and paper rpgs when people say gaming so i guess i'm just a low tech dork. never could get into any of the online games. video games are my enemy, i love playing them but , well, i just suck at them lol, finally started getting decent at halo with my friends, i love board games that require strategy and thinking not just luck, also love trivia games, my head is filled with lots of useless knowledge.

Yeah, we still run a weekly P&P game. Right now it's Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy, but we also play Deadlands, Cyberpunk, WHFRP, All Flesh, Star Wars RPG, Traveller etc. I actually prefer the low tech (it appeals to the actor in me), but it's hard to get a game together sometimes. *shrug*
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm a gamer girl :happy: World of Warcraft, Any of the Singstars, Oblivion, Sims....

for world of warcrafters like yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g&feature=related
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    I own a Nintendo Wii. I grew up with a majority of the gaming systems but I lost interest. Then, I ran into the Wii and it's been love at first sight. I'm addicted to Super Smash Brothers Brawl and my girlfriend hates it and won't play with me. Not even on a team. :(

The sports game is awesome, WWE is decent and I'm planning on buying Mario Kart. My cousin has started to also get me addicted to Call of Duty 4. When I'm in the mood to have a moiety of God's job, I play The Sims 2 :laugh: :blushing:

Board games: I will rock anyone's world in Scrabble and if I lose, I will give you the fight of your life, damn it! :laugh: I also love that game Catchphrase, Uno, Scattegories and Kings (if that counts :drinker: )
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    yeah, I had a lvl 50 CoV Brute, and Mastermind as well. I had a lvl 50 Scrapper in CoH (who ran his own 100 person guild for about a year before it died off). And a lvl 50 healer in CoH.

In WoW I had a lvl 70 Tauren Resto Druid, which was awesome cuz 70 druids are *kitten* kickers in 3v3.
    Loved it when silly mages tried to fireball me. But I got board with it. WoW is a pretty slow game action wise, especially compared to CoH, and too many **** heads out there trying to camp on you.

for those that have no idea what I'm saying.

WoW is World of Warcraft, Resto is short for restoration (or healing). Brute, mastermind, scrapper, healer and druid are ally character types, each type comes with different types of things you can do. Healers can't really fight very well (except druids, which can shapeshift into a kick *kitten* bear). 3v3 it arena play where 3 live players fight 3 other live player for prestige and point (its a hardcore gamer thing) and lets see, oh, camping is hiding in an area and waiting for other players to happen by and ambushing them.

For all you old schoolers, I was awesome at Starcraft Battlenet! I used to play protoss, I loved when ppl tried to zergling rush me. LOL, 4 zealots can crush about 40 zerglings. LOVE psionic blades!
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    wow, I thought I was the only loser lol

i'm in eve online, not really touched wow...

used to play bf2 online, but since i got my xbox i've been playing GTA 4 lmao, that game.

For the really nurdy i just bought a geforce 9800 GTX. looking forward to trying it out, the card is wider than my mobo lol

I used to play the warhammer minitures game, play it out on the table top you know? also necromunda...

arghhhh

Al
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options

Haha-that is how I feel! However, my husband convinced me that Mariokart would be a good buy and I am straight addicted to it!! The cool part is, if you have wifi in your house, you can play with people all over the world! Kinda neat...my friend in Colorado and I play against each other sometimes... I really want to get Wii fit though...

But these role playing games...totally over my head! :laugh:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I've had most any game system since SNES,

N64, (Sega Dreamcast even), PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360.

Used to play Counterstrike a bunch.

I can't really do RPG's though, sorry everyone. But my gamertag on Xbox 360 is NYFilmer85, feel free to friend me, just let me know who you are!

I mainly play Call of Duty 4, so if you have that lets buddy up some time!

ps CoD4 is the best 1st person shooter Ive ever played!
  • banks1850
    Options
    they are giant juice suckers. Make sure you have atleast a 600 watt PS for it or you're board can randomly die. Good luck Al. I have an 8600 GT which is all I need, cuz nothing besides like 2 or 3 games can handle the new hardware yet anyway. Plus I tend to stay away from the crazy Graphics games cuz 9 times out of 10 they end up being all about the graphics and short on gameplay. Case in point Hellgate London. Great graphics, crappy gameplay.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Yeah i have a beasty PSU, also bought a new mobo, but since I've got a raid setup I need to backup my data before rebuilding the pc as the raid array won't be recognised by the new controller. 2 x 500 gig drives raided, and had about 90 gig free, the rest is all crap lol, got loads of sorting to do lmao
  • banks1850
    Options
    have fun! Thus the reason I have a Samba linux box as my file server. I don't really need to deal with sorting through that junk. I blow away my computer about once a year (I'm actually overdue), it's no skin, about 3 hours to throw my games back on and Office (pirated...:ohwell: ), thunderbird, and a few net mon tools and I'm good to go. I love the look I get when people ask what I'm doing today. "Oh i think I'll reinstall my computer."
    lol the looks are like: "He's a sadist!" looks. But it's pretty easy.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    lmao@"He's a sadist"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    wow, I thought I was the only loser lol

i'm in eve online, not really touched wow...

used to play bf2 online, but since i got my xbox i've been playing GTA 4 lmao, that game.

For the really nurdy i just bought a geforce 9800 GTX. looking forward to trying it out, the card is wider than my mobo lol

I used to play the warhammer minitures game, play it out on the table top you know? also necromunda...

arghhhh

Al

That's the card powering my rig Al, and I gotta admit, it's a freakin BEAST. Vista is rating my system at 5.9....I really kinda want to SLI duel 9800gtx's but I think I am going to hold out for the 9900 series cards, they are supposedly the true next gen cards, and seeing as how my card is EVGA I plan to step up. :wink:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    have fun! Thus the reason I have a Samba linux box as my file server. I don't really need to deal with sorting through that junk. I blow away my computer about once a year (I'm actually overdue), it's no skin, about 3 hours to throw my games back on and Office (pirated...:ohwell: ), thunderbird, and a few net mon tools and I'm good to go. I love the look I get when people ask what I'm doing today. "Oh i think I'll reinstall my computer."

Haha, I do this at random times also. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Yay for Linux!! Our house is a Windows free zone :laugh: Does that give me extra geek points?
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Yay for Linux!! Our house is a Window's free zone :laugh: Does that give me extra geek points?

I believe that is an 'Affirmative' :laugh:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    That's the card powering my rig Al, and I gotta admit, it's a freakin BEAST. Vista is rating my system at 5.9....I really kinda want to SLI duel 9800gtx's but I think I am going to hold out for the 9900 series cards, they are supposedly the true next gen cards, and seeing as how my card is EVGA I plan to step up. :wink:

Its massive init! lol
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Its massive init! lol

Good god, yes it is. And Banks is right, it's a powerhog. I have a Cosmos case with max air cooling and my system still idles above 60 degrees celcius. (course having a 1ghz OC adds to that also)