STOP!!!!!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    that was a hard lesson for me to learn , finally understood that no quick fix was out there. it was on how bad i wanted it. changing what i ate and how much i ate , was the key, because no one plans to stay on a diet forever, it has to be a life style change. exercise i learned was very important too, and after awhile i finally let myself admit it made me feel better .

it took time to put the weight on , it will take time to take it off.

thanks for posting this, i needed to remind myself of that today,
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I agree, there is no "bad" foods, it is all in moderation. If some of us cut out all of certain kinds of food, our bodies may start to feel deprived and "cravings" occur. Have a cheat day or have a favorite splurdge every so often. When we deprive ourselves, this can make loosing, maintaing weight difficult. I personally enjoy this site for the feedback, success stories, advice, and meet others. I love the exercise log to let me know how much I am burning and the food diary has opened my eyes to the amount of foods I was eating and where my weight issues may be.
  • helenamonks
    Options
    My nutritionist advocates my fitness pal. I am in love with this site. I feel that I am truly changed forever.

Today I logged a single french fry because I really wanted it and hey, it was ok! Whoo hoo!
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Love your post. Very well said, and so, so true.
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
  • RosalieCrain
    Options
    So true!
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    FYI...I think it's time to revise those goals!!! You're kicking their *kitten*, and you're not going to be challenged. What do you think?
    Took me a lot of years, but I know that there are no magic fixes. Just good old eating right (and logging it for true calories in - no guessing) and exercising. That is why I am HERE and not on some other 'magic' weight loss site.

I'm doing this slow and steady. (Although I must admit... I do wish it was a bit faster but my body says S-L-O-W)

Yep, a lot of years for me too. I even tried some of those fad diets and lost weight -- but of course each pound came back and brought friends! :(
    MFP is helping me do it the RIGHT way.
    Thanks for posting!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    All this is perfect ... the original post and this answer. Hawkeye isn't saying you're stupid if "the light bulb doesn't come on immediately" or you're not fit already. He's trying to save you some time because there's no other way to get fit and stay there. I still eat too much and make lame choices sometimes, but I know that only one thing is ultimately going to work. I always have known it--and would not value my weight loss as much if it came through some f'd up gimmick rather than hard work and quality food. I hear people talking about chasing ketosis on this site and want to cry.
    Great post and answer. Favorite line "Yes it's work, but you get paid." I may have to hijack that and make it my tag line.
    I think for those of us who have large amounts of weight to lose and/or have been fat for a long time, it is a process. It would be wonderful if the light bulb came on for everyone IMMEDIATELY. For many of us, it takes a long time to get where you are and we should not be yelled at for not making it there at the same pace as you. Be grateful that you have it all together and wish the rest of us well. It takes a long time to break lifelong bad habits. Be a positive role model for those of us who are less than perfect rather than grinding us into the ground. Best wishes to you for your continued success. :smile:

Survey says XXX

* In a soft understanding voice*
    That is wrong. First I didn't get the impression he was yelling at anyone. Ive lost 93 pounds Its taken me just over a year of consistent diet and exercise. No magic pills. No special diets. Just common sense.

Why would it take people a long time to get to where he was? I was 300 lbs and said this is the only way that works.

Ill tell you why.
    You're lieing to yourself. When you actually decide that your tired of being overweight and tired of being unhealthy you just do what has to be done. You dont pretend diet your way to fit and healthy.
    This isn't a process that takes decades to accomplish. You either want to be healthy and fit or you want to continue to eat the crap you do and only go half speed on the elliptical for 10 -15 min. 2 days a week.

If you stop telling yourself to believe that the other crap works and just do what has been proven over and over flawlessly without help you will succeed. There is no trick. Diet and exercise Only. No personal trainer needed. No book. No video. No shake. No magic Voodoo drops Just hard work, commitment and consistency.

Are there great books and videos that help you understand the science of diet and exercise Yes but they cant do it for you. Owning P90X wont make you lose weight. You have to follow it and put in the work! Ya its WORK, but you get paid

I know this was harsh and I know its not easy. You have to be done pretending!

Go be fit!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!! Like I've said many times before there is no "long term quick fix" no pill, no drink, no special gummy bear or goldfish only diets. You eat healthy and stay active! That's the bottom line!