When do you cut a MFP friend?

Options
13»

Replies

• BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm asking myself,"why don't they show their diary"? Are they ashamed of what they eat or what? I show so my MFP friends can comment on the things I eat or in my case,I wasn't losing b/c they seen I wasn't eating enuf. So I agree,if they are a "no-show" they're fired.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I don't have that many friends so it isn't a problem with limits for me; I see no reason to cut someone.

I've been unfriended by someone recently, though. It was someone that I added because we had a lot in common. I don't post on status's as often as I see a lot of people doing- maybe that was my problem? I have to say though, I was kind of offended. We weren't best friends or anything, but I like I said, we were similar and I enjoyed watching her progress and making comments when it seemed fitting. Oh well.

For me, it feels superficial to say the same things over and over again. Some variation of good job/great/nice/yay/awesome/etc. is pretty much the comment on every status, whether it is weight loss, days logged in, completing a diary, exercising, etc. So I typically don't say too much. I want to be encouraging without being annoyingly monotonous.

I also don't have my food diary public... it isn't that I have anything to hide, it is just that I don't need to be held responsible to anybody else but myself. I've seen some veiled nasty backhanded comments on the status of people who have theirs open and that bothers me. I don't want to be criticized because I chose to eat something less than healthy, or because I was stuck in a situation where I had to make a decision and get something fast instead of something good, or because I wanted to go out and enjoy myself. Why open yourself up to unnecessary criticism? I don't need the negativity in my life; I am responsible for all of my decisions. I understand why some people need that, but why would you penalize somebody and not give them your support if they don't?
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm asking myself,"why don't they show their diary"? Are they ashamed of what they eat or what? I show so my MFP friends can comment on the things I eat or in my case,I wasn't losing b/c they seen I wasn't eating enuf. So I agree,if they are a "no-show" they're fired.

I'm not ashamed to show my diary! If I need help I'll ask. Let's see, I'm up to 31.6lbs lost since January 1st. Do you think I need help?
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I agree to some of the comments posted. I was encouraging all my friends. However it appeared that there are few who are very active and threaten to delete even though they won't comment on my status. I wasn't expecting them to do but it got so annoying i deleted them.
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I'm just back on here for the first time since November. I spent the first few weeks of this year in a pretty low place having miscarried at 13/40 and have just started feeling ready to stop feeling sorry for myself and get back into gear.
    I don't have a lot of friends on here and most of them are real life friends, but I would be pretty offended if someone thought I wasn't worthy of their friendship or just couldn't be arsed.