Your inner dorkness...

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Every Christmas the "Osmond Christmas Album" comes out! (hubby
    > lalala.gif

so freaking funny! I love the Osmond's Christmas album. My mom actually got it put on a cd from the original record, so we would have a couple songs by jimmy that weren't on the cd. My husband crys when I get it out, but he listens to the Back Street Boys Christmas, so his taste isn't much better. :wink:

Christmas isn't Christmas without the Osmonds!

Can't have Christmas without belting out "If Santa were my Daddy" with Jimmy! :laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member

O' girl! I got his new album "Twenty" - I love it!!! It has all his bests on it - "Freedom", "Father Figure", "Last Christmas", "Faith", "Wake me Up Before you Go-Go", you get the idea!!! LOVE IT!!! Although I can't really get into his new stuff... I like the stuff back before he "came out"... it was more raw or something... not sure.

I haven't heard any of his new stuff, but boy did I think he was a hot tamale in the "Careless Whisper" video. I cudda changed him. :wink:

{{snicker}}

He was on TV somewhere recently...I forgot where...The Today Show or maybe American Idol? I dont remember....I used to love him when I was younger. He's pretty hot for his age. I mean really he looks hotter than he did back then I think...:bigsmile:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I totally not only sing every song to grease but also say all the words! Also like grease 2. I have to admit that I actually look forward to Saturday nights when a local radio station has 80's night between 8 and 11! At parties I'm the one who's using a beer bottle as my microphone! And when I'm making supper the microphone is a spatula!! Or spoon, or whatever utensil I happen to be holding! My friend and I make up dances to our favourite songs!! Nope I'm not a dork at all!!!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member

O' girl! I got his new album "Twenty" - I love it!!! It has all his bests on it - "Freedom", "Father Figure", "Last Christmas", "Faith", "Wake me Up Before you Go-Go", you get the idea!!! LOVE IT!!! Although I can't really get into his new stuff... I like the stuff back before he "came out"... it was more raw or something... not sure.

I haven't heard any of his new stuff, but boy did I think he was a hot tamale in the "Careless Whisper" video. I cudda changed him. :wink:

{{snicker}}

Haha!!! I know!!! Mmmmmm... Faith video!!! Yummy! :tongue:

I REALLY gross my husband out b/c he's like "Kris, you know he's gay, right?" I'm like "Who cares!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    I totally not only sing every song to grease but also say all the words! Also like grease 2. I have to admit that I actually look forward to Saturday nights when a local radio station has 80's night between 8 and 11! At parties I'm the one who's using a beer bottle as my microphone! And when I'm making supper the microphone is a spatula!! Or spoon, or whatever utensil I happen to be holding! My friend and I make up dances to our favourite songs!! Nope I'm not a dork at all!!!

Nope. Not in the slightest peej.:wink:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member

I REALLY gross my husband out b/c he's like "Kris, you know he's gay, right?" I'm like "Who cares!"

• kellch

Not to worry I use beer bottles, pop bottles, spoons, spatulas, all that good stuff as a microphone to sing with myself...:laugh: Oh and I love love love kareokee :drinker: :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Oh and I love love love kareokee :drinker: :drinker:

:noway: Okay, now you've gone too far. :noway:

:tongue:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    I own every He-Man and She-Ra episode that they have ever put out on DVD. And I watch them regularly. And I still know all the words when a New Kids on the Block song comes on the radio. And I have a Carebear collection. =)

Oh my gosh I forgot all about Heman and Shera!!!!!!! My sister had the He-Man castle LOL!!!! Yes..Sad to say i know the words to every NKOTB song.. so sad
  • peej76

Not to worry I use beer bottles, pop bottles, spoons, spatulas, all that good stuff as a microphone to sing with myself...:laugh: Oh and I love love love kareokee :drinker: :drinker:
    Me too!!! And I will puposefully choose the dorkiest songs just to get everyone else in the mood! Who cares that I can't sing, I love to anyway!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    I'm such a dork...that I can't wait to see posts from Shannon and fatsis.

Um eh thanks?:ohwell: :ohwell:
  • peej76
    I'm such a dork...that I can't wait to see posts from Shannon and fatsis.

I think 80's music is the absolute bomb and have kept my parachute pants all these years just waiting for them to make a comeback.

I love the history channel

I have a parody for every single song known to man.

I know for a FACT that I'm a dork because even my golden retriever laughs at me.:ohwell:
    Ha parachute pants!!! I love it!!! I used to safety pin the bottoms of my jeans too! Please tell me I'm not the only dork who did that lol!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    I know some NKOTB lovers that need to check in to this thread!!! DORKS!!!!

Just Kidding... but not really!!! haha!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:heart: ya'll!!!

-Kris
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    This is hysterical!!! And I can relate to MANY of them.

First of all, glad I am not the only one to watch not only Grease but Grease 2!!!!! "I am a girl for all seasons......all the year through hoo!!!!"

I also LOVE the Muppets!! The Muppet Show was one of my all time fav things. I even had a Muppet Show lunchbox! I love to do an impression of The Swedish Chef"..."Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn børk! børk! børk!" (For the record, I know the Swedish don't really talk like that!! :laugh: :laugh: )

I am also a Christmas Song fan! My favorite is O Holy Night...but I laugh EVERY time the Muppets 12 Days of Christmas comes on!! (I have a nostalgic thing for Christmas music too...since my son was born on Nov 17, when I would be up in the middle of the night nursing him, I would turn the radio on to the "all Christmas" station. All memories!)

I love Broadway shows (especially musicals)...and Broadway show tunes especially! "One...singular sensation....every little step she takes!!" (Yes, I will get up and do the whole number).

When I give my son a bath, I will have his little toys and get into character and do all these voices and pretend to jump the action figure off the faucet and dive into the water. I really get into it!! :laugh: :laugh: (When I was a nanny, it was one of my signature traits too!! hehe)

I love the movie's Labrynth and The Dark Crystal and The Neverending Story.

Hmm, I am sure there are a lot more...but that's a start to my not so inner dorkness!!
  • I figure you are what you marry.

my husband is a dork therefore i am
  • Shannon023

-Kris

happy107.gif OOOOHHHH Mireille!!! You're being paged!!!! happy107.gif
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697

-Kris

Alright..I'm coming in LOL
  • nkotb is making comeback...i think they are going to begin touring...i am a dork for knowing that
  • kellch
    Oh and I love love love kareokee :drinker: :drinker:

:noway: Okay, now you've gone too far. :noway:

:tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry I love it :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    When my son (he's 21) and I go somewhere together on the Metro bus, sometimes I'll let myself slide forward when the bus driver puts on the brakes kind of hard or I'll let myself sway sideways when the dirver makes a sharp turn. I'll look at my son real innocent like and he'll start laughing and say "grow up Mom". But he thinks it's funny anyway. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We just crack each other up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.