opions on this....

Options

Replies

• Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    What an idiot! Some people are so stupid and shallow!

I know my hubby loves me for ME and not what I look like. I was 50lbs heavier when we got together, and I know he'd still love me if I gained it back.

Tell him to jog on!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I would tell him where the door is and to make sure it doesn't hit him on the *kitten*.
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If he didn't want to get to know the you as heavier, why would he really want to get to know the you skinny! you deserve so much better! I say find someone who is worthy of wonderful women you are. Best wishes to you.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    SCREW HIM!!! Tell him he's too skinny for you...
  • TheWatchStander
    Options
    Lose the weight, for your own reasons and health. Then go out with him, show interest but when he looks for the next step. Tell him he is too small for you.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Tell him to take a hike!!! Some people are so rude!

Agreed! :flowerforyou:
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have been with my husband since I was 16. When we first starting dating I was in great shape, very athletic (I was also 16 haha)
    When I was about 23 I started gaining weight. My husband married me at my heaviest weight. He loved me for me. It wasn't until I got my wedding pictures back that I realized I was fat and started to do something about it. I will admit that my husband prefers me to be in shape, but that is more because how being in shape makes me feel. Do you know what I mean??

If some one is that superficial then I do not think you should even think about dating him. We are all going to get old someday.
    Will my husband still think I am beautiful at 70 (hopefully not wrinkly) ?? Yep. He loves me for me :smile:

Yep- tell him where to go. You deserve so much more

Sorry for the ramble!!!
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i don't really want to marry him, i would never trust him, just abuse him a little :devil:

but you're all right, thanks :-)

Don't stoop to his level. You are better than that. He'll get his from some one that genuinely doesn't care and is far less considerate than you. :)
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Tell him he's not... eh hem... big enough... for you! :laugh:
  • TheWatchStander
    Options

My thoughts exactly.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Tell him to get lost...there are plenty of guys that would be interested in the you that you are and only want you to lose weight if it made you feel better about yourself.

Any guy that would tell you that will eventually do a lot worse in the long run.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you. Your ticker only has you listed as losing 4lbs so far. Is that your total loss so far, or only the loss since you've been on MFP? I ask because 4lbs likely didn't have a huge impact on you appearance-wise. So maybe what he's attracted to more for your new attitude and less for your new body.

Just a thought.
  • bahrainbel
    Options

My thoughts exactly.

and what if it was massive? am i really having this conversation, lol.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    I have a question for you. Your ticker only has you listed as losing 4lbs so far. Is that your total loss so far, or only the loss since you've been on MFP? I ask because 4lbs likely didn't have a huge impact on you appearance-wise. So maybe what he's attracted to more for your new attitude and less for your new body.

Just a thought.

yeah, i about 15llbs before i joined.........i got a little bit chunky last summer :)
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I would tell him he doesn't have enough substance.... I'm assuming it's true.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I would tell him to get lost. That is a superficial man who is not looking at the real person, only the shell. Every person deserves better than that.

Last summer there was guy who worked at a local store that I had to walk by on my way back from the gym. He was always flirty, smiling, nice little remarks - that kind of thing. Most what shopkeepers in the city say to try and lure you in to the store. By the end of the summer I had lost another 30 lbs and was really starting to tone up. He says to me - you've been working hard, looking good, good enough to date now, want to go to a movie? Showed him my wedding ring finger, then the one next to it.
  • jlsAhava
    Options

Just a thought.

yeah, i about 15llbs before i joined.........i got a little bit chunky last summer :)

Then I have no excuse for this guy's behavior. :indifferent:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    tell him "your a cute guy, but your too much of an *kitten* for me"
  • jlsAhava
    Options
    I would tell him to get lost. That is a superficial man who is not looking at the real person, only the shell. Every person deserves better than that.

Last summer there was guy who worked at a local store that I had to walk by on my way back from the gym. He was always flirty, smiling, nice little remarks - that kind of thing. Most what shopkeepers in the city say to try and lure you in to the store. By the end of the summer I had lost another 30 lbs and was really starting to tone up. He says to me - you've been working hard, looking good, good enough to date now, want to go to a movie? Showed him my wedding ring finger, then the one next to it.

That's awesome! :drinker:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely keep him as a friend on a leash...look smokin' hot when ever you go out with him...flirt with EVERYONE but him...or if you don't like the drama, tell him that he's an *kitten* and get rid of him.