Date ideas...

Options
I need help!

Does anyone have any creative ideas for a date? Something thoughtful but not over the top…? I am trying to think of something creative...

Replies

• ty_bradley01
    ty_bradley01 Posts: 321
    Options
    I need help!

Does anyone have any creative ideas for a date? Something thoughtful but not over the top…? I am trying to think of something creative...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    First......

Get a date.......

(Never got past that one) :embarassed:
  • latinmermaid
    Options
    What time of the day are you thinking of having the date and is this the first date?
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    First......

Get a date.......

AHAHAHAHA!!!

Note to self: No more flying solo....
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    If you have an Aquarium near by, that is an awesome date. It is semi-romantic yet there are things to distract if there is a lull. Plus us ladies love dim lighting for a first date!
    There is going to be a lot of :brokenheart: on MFP today.
  • ty_bradley01
    Options
    What time of the day are you thinking of having the date and is this the first date?

Not our first date...but it has been a while since we went out (she has been out of town)

It will probably be an evening date.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I personally like the simple dates. Not things over the top.

I love just going to dinner or even better a picnic and walking around downtown just looking at the buildings, walking into stores to browse, talking, and enjoying each others company.

:smile:

You do not need to spend a lot of money or do anything extravagant to get a girls attention. You are obviously attractive as you have been told from EVERY one on MFP and I'm assuming you have the personality... do not worry.

I've been dating my Boyfriend for a long time and we don't even go on dates anymore... just sitting. :cry:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    First......

Get a date.......

Come on look at the guys picture. I dont think he will have a problem.

BTW. A local radio station was asking this ? a while back and one guy reserved a private lesson from a dance instructor/studio for an evening. I thought it was creative.
  • ty_bradley01
    Options

I love just going to dinner or even better a picnic and walking around downtown just looking at the buildings, walking into stores to browse, talking, and enjoying each others company.

You do not need to spend a lot of money or do anything extravagant to get a girls attention. You are obviously attractive as you have been told from EVERY one on MFP and I'm assuming you have the personality... do not worry.

I've been dating my Boyfriend for a long time and we don't even go on dates anymore... just sitting. :cry:

You have been dating a long time and he doesn't take you out on dates?! SHAME on him. shame shame shame. Tell him I said he needs to take you out at least once a week! That's terrible. Maybe I should have a talk with him.

I'm not worried about the expenses and all that. It is mostly that I just want to find something to do that will not be boring. Ya know...something fun and memorable.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    If you're near Houston, and can afford it, the Acquarium Restaurant is really cool. You could even just go there for over-the-top desserts. In fact, they have a little amusement park with it, and you could grab a hotdog, ride the Ferris Wheel, and then go into the Acquarium for dessert. If you've never been there, it has a three story acquarium going through all the levels of the restaurant.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

Not our first date...but it has been a while since we went out (she has been out of town)

It will probably be an evening date.

I prefer nights, but hey, I'm not sure of my flight reservations yet. :bigsmile:
    :laugh:
  • latinmermaid
    Options
    Since it has been a while and she has been out of town she is definitley going to want some quiet time alone with you. She would love if you cooked for her (women love when a man can cook) and you could set your place up with candles and some soft music. If not you may want to think about going to nice place for some drinks and then follow-up with a nice candlelight dinner for 2 at a little romantic eatery. If you know of a place that has a romantic outdoor setting near water that would be great. You could then go for a nice horse and buggy ride under the stars.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

My husband and I have been married for over 26 years, and we go on a "date" once a week.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options

You have been dating a long time and he doesn't take you out on dates?! SHAME on him. shame shame shame. Tell him I said he needs to take you out at least once a week! That's terrible. Maybe I should have a talk with him.

I'm not worried about the expenses and all that. It is mostly that I just want to find something to do that will not be boring. Ya know...something fun and memorable.

:cry: We just do not have the spice anymore in our relationship. I do not know... I can't remember the last time I was on a date. (He's actually on this site to record his calories for weight gain, but he never uses the board. Haha.) I do not know... maybe I do not deserve a good date after so many years.

Anyways...
    Does the girl like sports?

I personally love going to baseball games. It's a different experience every time, you can still talk and get to know one another better and it's a relaxing and fun environment! I never forgot a game that I have gone to... especially who I was there with.

For dinner... I love going to a restaurant where I make my own food. It's so much fun. For example:

A stir fry place or a fondue place. So much fun to do together!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I know I appreciate when a guy puts a lot of thought into the date. Go for a hike in the woods but bring a cooler and have lunch and a bottle of wine with 2 wine glasses. There are a lot of places to see fireworks coming up. That can be romantic. Suprise her beforehnd with some flowers maybe in red white and blue so it actually looks like it fits in with with your date. Also an outdoor concert might be nice.
    I would rather have a guy put thought in the date than spend a ton of money. Obviously you already are if you are asking for ideas
  • ty_bradley01
    Options
    Since it has been a while and she has been out of town she is definitley going to want some quiet time alone with you. She would love if you cooked for her (women love when a man can cook) and you could set your place up with candles and some soft music. If not you may want to think about going to nice place for some drinks and then follow-up with a nice candlelight dinner for 2 at a little romantic eatery. If you know of a place that has a romantic outdoor setting near water that would be great. You could then go for a nice horse and buggy ride under the stars.

saving this thought for later date down the road sometime....we aren't a couple or anything yet and have only been on a few dates so i think candlelight might freak us both out haha. nah jk. good idea though...
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Plus us ladies love dim lighting for a first date!

Exactly...and no video cameras, duct tape, and for gracious sake, clean your car if it's a mess! THAT is such a turn off to get into some one's car and there's soda bottles, wrappers, a shovel, rope...sheesh! Take me for a picnic, but don't make me hike into your car before hand! LOL
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options

Um, I've been married 14 years and have been on 3 dates this week (with husband:tongue: ). Get that boy moving!

Sitting over coffee and chocolate has always been my favorite. I love walks in the park as well. If you're going for more of a wow factor, check into your local theater - find a play, opera, or art opening. Another great one is to go to a comedy club. Sometimes the comedians are blue, so you need to be comfortable with that. Or find a non-profit benefit to go to.
  • latinmermaid
    Options
    :laugh: ok. good luck! As someone else posted it matters about how much thought you have put into it and you seem to be doing that.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options

Um, I've been married 14 years and have been on 3 dates this week (with husband:tongue: ). Get that boy moving!

He is so busy with school and work that I guess we just do not have time for a date. I always ask, but we just end up sitting on the couch watching a movie. :cry: It gets old after the 100th time.