Date ideas...

Options

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

I've been dating my Boyfriend for a long time and we don't even go on dates anymore... just sitting. :cry:

Um, I've been married 14 years and have been on 3 dates this week (with husband:tongue: ). Get that boy moving!

Sitting over coffee and chocolate has always been my favorite. I love walks in the park as well. If you're going for more of a wow factor, check into your local theater - find a play, opera, or art opening. Another great one is to go to a comedy club. Sometimes the comedians are blue, so you need to be comfortable with that. Or find a non-profit benefit to go to.

OMG I've been married for 15 years and with my high school sweetheart for over 18. We still date! We went for a light dinner, a walk on the beach and watched "The Tudors" for our last date.

:laugh:

I do NOT recommend "The Tudors" for a light date though. :blushing: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Plus us ladies love dim lighting for a first date!

Exactly...and no video cameras, duct tape, and for gracious sake, clean your car if it's a mess! THAT is such a turn off to get into some one's car and there's soda bottles, wrappers, a shovel, rope...sheesh! Take me for a picnic, but don't make me hike into your car before hand! LOL

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeah! Hide the rope, chloroform & baby oil in the trunk! :laugh:
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I personally like the simple dates. Not things over the top.

I love just going to dinner or even better a picnic and walking around downtown just looking at the buildings, walking into stores to browse, talking, and enjoying each others company.

:smile:

You do not need to spend a lot of money or do anything extravagant to get a girls attention. You are obviously attractive as you have been told from EVERY one on MFP and I'm assuming you have the personality... do not worry.

I've been dating my Boyfriend for a long time and we don't even go on dates anymore... just sitting. :cry:

You have been dating a long time and he doesn't take you out on dates?! SHAME on him. shame shame shame. Tell him I said he needs to take you out at least once a week! That's terrible. Maybe I should have a talk with him.

I'm not worried about the expenses and all that. It is mostly that I just want to find something to do that will not be boring. Ya know...something fun and memorable.

:cry: We just do not have the spice anymore in our relationship. I do not know... I can't remember the last time I was on a date. (He's actually on this site to record his calories for weight gain, but he never uses the board. Haha.) I do not know... maybe I do not deserve a good date after so many years.

Anyways...
    Does the girl like sports?

I personally love going to baseball games. It's a different experience every time, you can still talk and get to know one another better and it's a relaxing and fun environment! I never forgot a game that I have gone to... especially who I was there with.

For dinner... I love going to a restaurant where I make my own food. It's so much fun. For example:

A stir fry place or a fondue place. So much fun to do together!

Did you seriously just say you don't deserve to be taken out on a date after so many years? :noway:

*rends clothing and gnashes teeth*

Ok, first things first. Yes you do. There you go, so no more nonsense like that. Ok?

Second, if he won't take you out, then by golly, take his butt out. Make him remember what things were like for you, and then tell him that you expect him to plan the next one.

You guys are too young for the sparks to already be dying out! Fight for them! Sure, it might not be as easy as it used to be, but they can be rekindled!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Exactly...and no video cameras, duct tape, and for gracious sake, clean your car if it's a mess! THAT is such a turn off to get into some one's car and there's soda bottles, wrappers, a shovel, rope...sheesh! Take me for a picnic, but don't make me hike into your car before hand! LOL

So is a ski mask ok? :noway:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options

:cry: We just do not have the spice anymore in our relationship. I do not know... I can't remember the last time I was on a date. (He's actually on this site to record his calories for weight gain, but he never uses the board. Haha.) I do not know... maybe I do not deserve a good date after so many years.

Anyways...

I personally love going to baseball games. It's a different experience every time, you can still talk and get to know one another better and it's a relaxing and fun environment! I never forgot a game that I have gone to... especially who I was there with.

For dinner... I love going to a restaurant where I make my own food. It's so much fun. For example:

Girl, you need to have a talk with your boyfriend, because if it's this way now , and you are only 20 years old with no kids (i am assuming), just image how boring your life is going to be for the next ...oh ,....I don't know, 40+ years (if you intend on marring the fella). If it's money issues, there are A LOT of things you can do that doesn't cost a dime. Make sure he appreciates you as a girlfriend by showing you, an not just assume you will just sit next to him on the couch all night long.

ok, rant over! :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Yeah! Hide the rope, chloroform & baby oil in the trunk! :laugh:

You might leave the babyoil out to test the waters...
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options

I love just going to dinner or even better a picnic and walking around downtown just looking at the buildings, walking into stores to browse, talking, and enjoying each others company.

You do not need to spend a lot of money or do anything extravagant to get a girls attention. You are obviously attractive as you have been told from EVERY one on MFP and I'm assuming you have the personality... do not worry.

You have been dating a long time and he doesn't take you out on dates?! SHAME on him. shame shame shame. Tell him I said he needs to take you out at least once a week! That's terrible. Maybe I should have a talk with him.

I'm not worried about the expenses and all that. It is mostly that I just want to find something to do that will not be boring. Ya know...something fun and memorable.

Anyways...

Did you seriously just say you don't deserve to be taken out on a date after so many years? :noway:

Ok, first things first. Yes you do. There you go, so no more nonsense like that. Ok?

Second, if he won't take you out, then by golly, take his butt out. Make him remember what things were like for you, and then tell him that you expect him to plan the next one.

You guys are too young for the sparks to already be dying out! Fight for them! Sure, it might not be as easy as it used to be, but they can be rekindled!

Ha, he is NOT a bad guy. He has school and work. I have work. I work from 2-11 A LOT of the nights and he is always so stressed from school he does not want to go out. So I made him a basket with all these "de-stress" items in it... like his favorite candies, and favorite magazine, some Tylenol for headaches... I do the small things like making him a coupon for a "free" back massage, haha... but I do not know what else to do. :brokenheart:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    Awww. This Board was about Ty and his date... I did not mean to turn it to be about me...

Sorry Ty. :frown:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

*pokes Phatsis on the shoulder, and points to the line he just about crossed*
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Kind of off Topic but this is for the ladies...

Five tips for a woman....

1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.

2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.

3. It is important to find a man you can count on and doesn't lie to you.

4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.

5. It is important that these four men don't know each other.

• neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Date???? Date??? What's that? :cry:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options

EXACTLY! Hehe. :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

No...ski mask goes with the fourth date along with video camera. :tongue:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

Anyways...

Exactly...My husband was diagnosed with cancer the day my daughter was born...Talk about a friggin eye opener!!!

Love him today, because tomorrow you may not have him, or God or someone else will! :cry:

I'm a military wife whose DH is TDY most of the year, with two kiddos, and my husband is going to school, and with the military full time. Sometimes he needs a wake up call to remember I need love too! There is ALWAYS time!!! Trust me...A trip to Starbucks without phones, computer, TV, or a newspaper is a great spot to play checkers!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    I love my Boyfriend and I know he loves me... but what do you do if you have busy schedules or the spark is dying?

We have discussed it, but can not really get to a solution...

I'm really just starting to think I do not deserve a nice date anymore. :cry:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OMG , I damn near spit out my coffee!!!!
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    Learn what it is SHE likes to do. Don't ask her... ask her friends, her family, her co-workers... but see if you can find out what her favorite way to pass time is, or her favorite restaurant (maybe she's into health foods.. that's always a personal touch.. to locate a new, healthy restaurant for healthy choices) or her favorite movie. Then.. surprise her. She will have fun because she's doing something she likes to do or having dinner at a favorite place. But mostly.. she will be touched by your efforts to please her.. I sure would be.

Good Luck :heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    a picnic! whether its afternoon or evening, picnics in the park are my FAVOURITE! You could opt for a beach instead if theres one nearby.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I love my Boyfriend and I know he loves me... but what do you do if you have busy schedules or the spark is dying?

We have discussed it, but can not really get to a solution...

I'm really just starting to think I do not deserve a nice date anymore. :cry:

Busy schedule or not, you have to make time for eachother. Turn that TV off and spend time with eachother.