Brides on a Mission: Week 7

Options
124»

Replies

• DancingPixie
    DancingPixie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!!

I have a quick question for anyone in the thread. I’m thinking ahead about the seating arrangements at the wedding. Since I’m a teacher, I want to do a huge seating chart for people to look at as they come in the door. I was going to basically assign them to a table, not to a specific chair. The tables are going to be named after my favorite novels (I teach English) and there will be vintage copies on each table, with a menu inside (my fiancé and I went on a date at a speakeasy and they did this).

Now for the question…. I have three choices of food: filet mignon, vegetarian ravioli, and stuffed chicken breast. If people don’t have assigned seats or cards, how do the servers know who to serve the food to? Do I give the caterer a list of the names of the people sitting there, as well as their orders ahead of time? Then, they just pass the food out?

I really love the idea, so I don’t want to throw it away!

Shannon

All the weddings ive gone too have always asked who has for example prawn cocktail when they come too the table. So id think you just give them a list of what people want on that particular named table if this makes sense lol... x
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!!

I have a quick question for anyone in the thread. I’m thinking ahead about the seating arrangements at the wedding. Since I’m a teacher, I want to do a huge seating chart for people to look at as they come in the door. I was going to basically assign them to a table, not to a specific chair. The tables are going to be named after my favorite novels (I teach English) and there will be vintage copies on each table, with a menu inside (my fiancé and I went on a date at a speakeasy and they did this).

Now for the question…. I have three choices of food: filet mignon, vegetarian ravioli, and stuffed chicken breast. If people don’t have assigned seats or cards, how do the servers know who to serve the food to? Do I give the caterer a list of the names of the people sitting there, as well as their orders ahead of time? Then, they just pass the food out?

Shannon

Make place cards for everyone to bring back to the table with them and they can put it at whatever seat they choose. On their place cards designate what food choice they had. (I saw one example that had small symbol pictures of cows, chickens etc and then others that have different color place cards for each meal choice which makes it very easy for the server to tell who gets what). That way if they aren't at the table or they forgot what they ordered it will be on their placecard!! Plus people may decide to change their mind when they see the food so having it designated on their place card ensures they get what they ordered!
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    So, yep, I'm new here. Getting married in April and I'm nowhere near my weight loss goal (I'm the queen of procrastination).

1. Name: Jacqueline
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Murfreesboro, TN
    4. Occupation: Photographer
    5. Wedding date: April 30 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Eric
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: We've been dating for a year and a half, but were best friends for 8 years prior to said dating
    8. Heaviest weight: 280
    9. Goal weight and date: ? Maybe it's early but I don't think I understand this... Overall goal weight would be 175, but short term (wedding/honeymoon) would be 200 by April 20. I sit at 240 as of today.
    10. Favorite type of exercise: dance
    11. Favorite healthy food: avocado? and grapes :)

There's a bit about me.
    I've written down an entire exercise routine for the next 2(ish) months, consisting of Zumba & the dreadful 30 Day Shred.
    Avoiding all sugary drinks - drinking mainly water (sometimes artificially flavored to break up the monotony.
    Went to Slim RX for a little boost and am avoiding most (if not all) grains, for the time being.

Yep, that's all I got for now :)
  • redruthie
    Options
    @ sweet13_princes
    redruthie –
    I saw that you “ordered your bouquet a few weeks ago” in a previous post. Did you end up going with fake flowers or is this just a sample? I’m confused! I ended up going with fakes and am thrilled with mine! I’m going to spritz them with lilac essential oil on the morning of the wedding. I think it’s cool because they’ll keep forever. I bought mine from a seller on eBay.

Sorry, I forgot to clarify. I also ordered my bouquet on ebay. I ordered fake flowers and I am also thrilled about mine. Spritzing your flowers with lilac essential oil sounds like a fabulous idea. Since I am getting married on a beach, I decided to go with plumeria.
    Photoon2011-02-13at1356.jpg

I love it, it's not too big and not too small and a very happy bouquet! I love that it will last forever!
  • redruthie
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 7 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I lost 1.5lbs, for a total of 11.5lbs total!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): my fiancée asked me how I would reward myself once I reach my weight loss goal. I said that I wanted to do a pin up photo shoot. He offered to pay for the photo shoot to show me how proud he is of me so far and how much he supports me! I have a great man :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Stress! I have to find balance.

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: Because I am worth it! I am worth everything fabulous and wonderful and will continue with a healthy lifestyle after the big day because I deserve and want to be happy in my body. I want to live a long and healthy life!

5. Any wedding news updates: none yet

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: Health Mex chicken taco from Rubio's, or the chicken balsamic & roasted veggie salad

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: I asked my honey not to get me any chocolates, and instead we had a healthy meal

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I could've done better, but I have a hard time making healthy choices when I am either stressed or in a hurry. I had a stressful week and was "on the run" a lot.

9. Weekly wrap up: Overall, this week could've been better. Not my finest week with regards to the foods that I choose to eat. I went grocery shopping this morning and found myself in "auto pilot" buying things that I would typically buy prior to MFP. I stopped and was astonished and surprised at the unhealthy decisions I use to make on a daily basis. I put those items back on the shelf and bought $50 dollars in fruits and veggies instead. A good start to the week ahead :)
  • redruthie
    Options
    HELP!!!!

Shannon

I love the idea about vintage copies of your favorite novels on each table! It's so classy :)

As far as your question, with my sister's wedding she assigned seats and gave the caterer a list of names as well as which table they are sitting at and what each person was eating. As you know, people will change their mind at the last minute. To avoid this type of scenario, she organized it very well and everything went very smoothly.

If someone doesn't like a particular seat, then they could move around, but at least the caterer has the name and food item for every person sitting at each table. It will be a lot less complicated for the caterer/server also if they know ahead of time who will be eating filet mignon, raviolis, or chicken.

Hope this helps!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Katie
    2. Age: 27
    3. City: Rochester
    4. Occupation: Fundraiser
    5. Wedding date: September 17,2011
    6. Fiancés name: Jeff
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4.5 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 182
    9. Goal weight and date: 158 by 6/30/11 (145 by Dec 2011)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running or Elliptical
    11. Favorite healthy food: Clemintines
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: Week 7
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 3.5
    2. Highlight of the past week: wore a pair of pants I haven't been able to wear for a year
    3. Lowlight of the past week: Guest was double booked at one of the cottages for our wedding
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: So we can be an active couple who gets out together and has fun!
    5. Any wedding news updates: double book nightmare was finally solved
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: Panera Bread (yummy soup!)
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: Well. Went to the gym before going out and chose a healthy option.
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): Turned down wine at my friends dinner party on Sunday!
    9. Weekly wrap up: Overall very happy with my progress. When I weighed in this week I did it 3 times to make sure the scale reading was correct!