5'8" - 5"11" Ladies, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    5'8" goal weight 138 - small frame based on wrist cm measurements.
  • dgsdks
    Options
    I'm 5' 9 1/4" & my goal weight is 190-195#. At 190# I wear a american size 14, but look more like a 12. I'm 50 years old & the last time I got below that weight (188# 5 years ago) I really looked bad through my face. When I was in my 20's I weighed between 155-165# & looked good, looking more like I weighed 125# because I've always been very solid. But at this more advanced age (LOL) I don't want to be thin & look like I'm 100 years old in the face! :laugh:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 145lbs, I am currently 155.
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I want to get under 150 lbs. I'm thinking 147 lbs.

I've weighed 125 lbs a few times in my life, but now at age almost 45 and 4 kids, I know that low would be unhealthy for me now.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    5'11" and 177 :) fighting to lose that last 19 for months now but much smaller so the clothes that I was looking to get into fit :)
  • use2becaligirl
    Options
    Iam 5'11 and my goal weight in 175-180.
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" My current weight is 157 and I am still chubby. I also still wear a 10/12. My goal is 135. I really want to wear a size 8 again. I always said that I have a large frame but I'm pretty sure it was just a lie to make me feel better about being chubby. I was about 125 in high school and I know that's not maintainable after 2 kids so I thought 135 would be a good number.
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" with a small frame. I'm currently 149 right now and am aiming for 140... Last year I got down to 137, but looking back at pictures makes me realize that it was a tad too thin. I'm doing Insanity right now and have actually seen the scale go up which I'm not happy about-- wondering if that's because of muscle build.
  • trudypickles
    Options
    Gosh I just worked out I apparently have a small frame so my ideal weight at 5'7.5" is 123-136lbs...123.seems small to me?? ...apparenly if your thumb and longest finger overlap when wrapped around your wrist that means you have small frame...problem is I have tiny wrists and massive hips lol
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Gosh I just worked out I apparently have a small frame so my ideal weight at 5'7.5" is 123-136lbs...123.seems small to me?? ...apparenly if your thumb and longest finger overlap when wrapped around your wrist that means you have small frame...problem is I have tiny wrists and massive hips lol

I just wanted to mention that you might want to try a differnet kind of frame measurement. The one that goes just by wrapping your fingers around your wrist is (in my opinion) bogus. I have SUPER long fingers and can slighly overlap my thumb & pinky!!! But accoding to other methods I am medium-large framed :wink: So, just an idea for you! Go by how your body FEELS and what you know looks good! Not by what some site tells you you'd look best at!
  • laurenmc544
    Options
    Im 5'10'' and my goal weight is 140. I havent weighed it in 6 years but would like to be lighter. I agree with some of the posts on here that it really is different in every person. im 160 and its heavy in my legs. some people can be twigs at my weight. God gave me hips. but you can all do whatever your goal is... just dont go for boney, guys like real women.
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5" and I am going for 150. I have an identical twin and when she weighed in the 140s..people told her that she needed to gain weight and that she was too skinny so now I know that being in the 140s doesn't look good for my body frame! Yay for twins! hahaha

Laura

I have an identical twin also and we are both on MFP! We are 5'8". I am aiming for 138-140 and within 10 pounds of goal. She I think is aiming for 130 and is within 5# of her goal. We compare things all the time like our diaries, calorie intakes, running since we know our bodies respond the same.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and at my best ever I was 155 and a size 8. That was over 20 years ago. I would be ecstatic to be 160-165. This is a weight that I have easily maintained in the past.
  • annagigian
    annagigian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and my goal is 164!
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7 1/2". Can I play, too? :laugh: I look a lot taller because my waist is short and my legs are long. People who have stood next to me for years swear I'm 5' 10".

My goal weight is 145 lbs. I'm a medium-small frame.

I weigh about 162 lbs now, and I have to admit that this is a good size, too. I wear 8s and 10s. I don't want to stay here, though, due to the legendary rebound weight that one can expect to gain over a couple of years. I'd rather get down to a lower goal weight and ultimately settle here than settle at a higher weight.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Are your sizes in junior or misses. I'm just curious because I'd love to be able to wear the sizes that you wear. I weigh 145 but I am still wearing size 11 pants, but they are mostly junior cut . I guess it's my hips; I have big ole hips! You can say they are a gift from my kids ...LOL!

Angela
  • HurricaneShaunna
    HurricaneShaunna Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", medium framed, but pear-shaped and muscular.

CW- 166 which is an American size 8/10. My goal weight is 150. I got down into the low 140s in college (size 6) but was not as athletic and ate a LOT less. While I don't think it was too skinny, I'd rather keep lifting weights and be a comfortable size 8, which should be somewhere in the low 150s for me.
  • HurricaneShaunna
    HurricaneShaunna Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    >>Are your sizes in junior or misses. I'm just curious because I'd love to be able to wear the sizes that you wear. I weigh 145 but I am still wearing size 11 pants, but they are mostly junior cut . I guess it's my hips; I have big ole hips! You can say they are a gift from my kids ...LOL!

My 8/10 is in misses. I've found that juniors clothes are not cut for ppl with hips, and I have to wear an 11 or 13 in order to get pants to fit, but then they are too big in the waist.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I am 5'10 and well a larger frame or boned or whatever you want to call it so right now the target is 180. But mainly I just want to look healthy and feel healthy so.... :wink:
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I'm thinking between 165 and 170ish...