New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options

Replies

• deb93535
    deb93535 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day one crossed off the list!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm in recovery week of phase 1. I actually did Yoga x today and was sweating rivers. Got a decent burn doing it, too, but my child was not helping. He woke up when I was at the end and sat on my stomach when I was trying to do the abs part.
  • stacy7533
    stacy7533 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We finished Arms and Shoulders and ARX for week 2 today. Week 2 is feeling harder than week 1! ARX is still kicking my butt. It's worst on my hip flexors!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Didn't do so great staying with the plan over the weekend but I tracked anyway and it's a new day! I did have some great things happen over the weekend though so it wasn't a total bust! I'm now the proud owner of some new shoes with custom fit orthotics that feel heavenly! I'm actually looking forward to Plyometrics tomorrow so I can try them out. I also got a new HRM and wore it for the first time today. My chest & back with ARX burned about 416 calories. Nothing as high as the guy with the astronomical numbers but at least I know where I'm hitting and can eat accordingly!

Now I'm off to Taekwondo with the family! Hope everyone had a great day! Oh, I'm on Day 1 of Week 2 and still pushing play (even though I could barely walk after that back & legs workout! Wowsers!)
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Wk 2 tonight. Cant wait. I was suppose to start wk 2 last night. But my hotel room didnt have a dvd player. So I hit the treadmill instead. Chest and Back & ARX !!!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just started week 2. Chest and Back is my worst dvd since i have no upper body strength. I wonder if I will ever be able to do push-ups without being on my knees and regular pull-ups. Oh well did it any way. Ab Ripper X is going pretty well just can't get those V-up rollups down. Good luck.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    just started 2day. did 2miles in 28min & just finished day 1 of p90x classic. GEEZUS!!!!! i'm bushed!! :yawn:
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Survived Day 1 tonight -- did 1/2 of the Chest and Back video since I am trying to ease into it.
    Pushups done from my knees... and Divebombers are the funniest looking thing I have ever tried to do, I was literally lying on the floor laughing hysterically.

How are weak people doing the pull ups though?
    I tried the resistance bands, and I didnt "feel the burn"
    So I stood on a chair under the bar.... tried to hang as limp as possible and go through the movement with my arms while straightening my legs to help ..... will this eventually help?
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Well, I gotta say……I had an AMAZING first day! It felt sooo good to do P90X again! I missed Tony! I was pretty impressed with myself; day 1 is always a doozy no matter what round you’re on, so I know I’ll be sore but it’s to be expected. My fiancé did great too! I am soooo proud of him and hope he keeps it up! He just looks forward to the recovery drink afterwards! Lol

Jswitaj: Welcome! Congrats on your week 1 weight loss but yes, I’m sure the 1lb you gained back is more than likely muscle! Woo hoo! Your calorie burn sounds a little high but mine was too when I had an HRM; now I have a BodyMedia and I think it’s a tad more accurate. But, nonetheless, great burn! Plus, you were probably pushing it pretty hard! The plyo burn sounds about right though, that is the mother of all X workouts! Keep up the good work!

GooBeGone: love your profile name! lol Welcome! I look forward to reading your posts!

FLmom: Woo hoo! Congrats on day one!

Tara: Welcome! Glad to have you!

Deb: Way to go girl! Day 1 down, 89 more to go….we got this!

Crowhorse: Aaahhh…..recovery week sounds so good right now! Lol Great job on the yoga!

Stacy: I love arms and shoulders, one of my favs! ARX is hard on my hip flexors too, that’s actually where I feel it most!

Knittnponder: Nice job girl! One day at a time. I too am the proud owner of new shoes, they finally arrived and I can’t wait to wear them tomorrow for plyo! I burned about the same with chest & back & ARX; must be because we’re girls? Lol Anyway, I’ll take any burn! Lol Keep up the great work!

Jata: Nice job girl! You’re determined when you’re doing it while traveling! My hat goes off to you!

Dyiaane: Yes, you will certainly be able to do a push up on your toes! You’ll get stronger, just wait!

Emma: You crack me up! Hey, you survived, that’s all that matters, you did your best and forgot the rest! You’ll get there, just keep doing it. Dive bombers are kind of funny though! Lol Standing on a chair does work as long as the chair is far enough out that you feel it but yes, it helps; that’s how I used to do them.

Well everyone, you’re doing great! I love to see how this thread is just growing! So many positive, energetic peeps in here! Keep up the good work! Oh, yeah, one more thing, I think I may actually swap out ARX for some of Chalene’s ab routines like from Turbo Fire; they are killer and I get more of a burn from them…we’ll see. Keep it up and keep pushing play!

Deb
  • cytrus
    cytrus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A little late getting started, But completed a lean day 1. Didn't want to not start from the get go. Accountability is a great thing.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Okay all you people who've done this before, how long does it take before you start noticing gains in your strength? I did notice that the Chest & Back workout today some of the things I went up in weight and some I didn't but I did more reps before I pooped out so I guess I've seen some gain in strength there.

But AbripperX is killing me! It almost seems like it's harder than it was when I first started it! Of course the first time I did it I hadn't done any workouts just prior. Now I do it right after whatever the strength training is and I feel like I barely have anything to bring! Do you think I would see better improvement if I take a break between the two and refuel before I go into it? I really want to see improvement there and I'm willing to change things up if need be.

Dazzle me with your wisdom oh wise ones! :glasses: <--(Sunglasses for the "dazzling")
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Grrrrr!!! I only got 4 hours of sleep last night! I had to pick my sister and nephew up at the airport and their flight was delayed from Chicago (we live in Sea) so I didn't get home until 2am! Not good! But, I got up, made my fiance his Shakeology, packed his lunch....I gotta keep him on track, whatever it takes! Now I'm off to take my son to school and then mom is coming back home to try and catch a few more zzzzz's! I'm gonna need my rest! Today is Plyo and then tonight at our fit club, we're doing Cardio X! Yowsers!!!!!!!!

Knittnponder: I would say you'll start noticing strength into the 2nd week, that's why you have the workout sheets so you can look back and see just how strong you've gotten! :bigsmile: I think you'll start noticing significant difference after 2 weeks, in your strength, your physique, everything! Do what you feel works best for you, if you need to take a breather before ARX, do it. I wouldn't recommend drinking anything though! lol Not good.

Well, I'll be back later after my workouts and check in! Have a great day everyone and bring it today!!!! :drinker:

Deb
  • tabhig813
    Options
    Hello! I am a little late posting here as well, but I started week 2 yesterday :) I am a mother of 1 little boy and am set to "graduate" p90x may 21st! my husband & I are hoping to start trying for another baby in June so I am pushing my hardest to get my body to where I want it and look good in that bikini this summer! I am very excited about this program and will measure for the 1st time since starting p90x on this coming sunday. I can't wait to see the difference already (I can definitely feel my body changing) I am mainly here for support and hoping for some guidance also. WOOHOO p90x ROCKS!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've been given the go ahead to do light jumping, but since I did so much at therapy yesterday I think I'm going to substitue Plyo for Cardio today. My knee smarts a bit. I was pretty sore yesterday from Chest & Back and it felt great!

Pullup advice - I was talking to the lady who owns the physical therapy place. She is also doing P90X. I told her I can't do real pullups yet and was using a stool. I hang by my arms and pull myself up until I run out of steam and then use my legs for assistance the rest of the way up. She told me to try doing the exact opposite... Use my legs to help get up and then use my own strength to slowly let myself down. She went into the reason behind it, but I don't remember. Haven't tried it yet. Does anyone have thoughts on the matter?
  • cytrus
    cytrus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day 2. got the cardio in. now need to get the calories in. have issues with that. feel full on less. any suggestions?
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Grr, I think I might of strained a muscle in my abdomen, I noticed it during yesterdays Chest & Back workout, as well as during Ab Ripper. Anyone have any advice for what I should do? I don't wanna not work on my abs/core so this sucks. :(
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Wow, tomorrow is day 1 of week 4 for me, can't believe it!!!!!!!
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 wk 2 last night. Its getting easier for me to do the push ups and ARX. Sitll have a ways to go though.

I have a problem I cant seem to get enough calories in each day. I do P90X plus jogging. So most days I burn between 500-700 calories. What are you guys doing to get in the extra calories?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 wk 2 last night. Its getting easier for me to do the push ups and ARX. Sitll have a ways to go though.

I have a problem I cant seem to get enough calories in each day. I do P90X plus jogging. So most days I burn between 500-700 calories. What are you guys doing to get in the extra calories?

Protein shakes. I use BSN Lean Dessert or BSN Syntha 6 protein. Their chocolate peanut butter flavor is awesome and it comes with 21 grams protein per scoop. Also, calorie dense food such as almonds or granola.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd seen this yesterday! I'm planning on starting tonight after I put my babies in bed. I'm hoping that having a group to be accountable to will keep me going. Hopefully, I'll check in again in the morning to let you know how day 1 went. :smile: