New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options

Replies

• Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Today is rest day. Totally needing it and enjoying it.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! I look forward to Sundays, it's my rest day and my hammies need it! lol I am still sore from Friday's L&B!!! Good lord! I've also decided that I'm going to be taking weekly pics and measurements. I want them for my own accountability, to keep me moving and pushing for more each and every week. Today I will not be getting on the scale though, still too sore. Tomorrow I will but regardless of what that number reads, I will not let it affect me!

Crowhorse: Here's to our rest day! Enjoy it! :drinker:

Stoo: Thanks for the input, exactly what I was going to say!

OLP: Girl, you are one big ball of inspiration! Your energy and dedication is contagious! You have made some awesome accomplishments and I know you'll reach your goal! Keep pushing play and keep inspiring! :bigsmile:

Bob: I know exactly how you feel. I too, apparently, brought it real hard on L&B, hence the soreness still! I didn't have too much energy yesterday to start Kenpo, but once I pushed play, it felt great! Nice burn by the way! Bring on week 4! I was wondering if daylight savings would affect me, but I don't think it will. I mean, it never really has, there's still 24 hours in a day, but we'll see. Keep up the good work!

tinywolf: Stu said it exactly right. I cringe when I think of people purchasing off of craigslist or ebay, thinking that they're getting a better deal. But, he's right, you just don't know what you're getting and you may not get everything anyway. You're much better off getting through a coach or Beachbody site.

Hello to all my other X'ers out there! Hope you're enjoying your weekend! Make it a great day and let's bring on the next week!

Deb
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was yogax for me. I actually really liked it. I used to take yoga classes so it might have helped. My favorite move is corpse. It feels so good at the end of the workout. I used to fall asleep during that move in yoga classes.

Today was legs and back....i need my rest now...i am drained for the day. Losing one hour of sleep did not help, i had to go to work this morning. :(
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    End of week 3. Did legs and back today. I was sweating so that is good. I like the leg moves but still hate pull ups. Even with the chair they kill me. Tomorrow is week 4: recovery. I lost 2.5 lbs this week. 5 more to go.
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Okay - been OVERWHELMED the past three days and shot my week to bits! Didn't even run or walk the beach - just worked 12 hours a day! (I had to Move!) but I'm in and settled and Monday is a new day and start of a new week. Pushing Play right after my run!
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    Yoga X today. I held the whole half moon pose on one side. I've also noticed that my upward dogs are getting stronger and stronger. Yay! Small victories. I totally agree that Corpse pose is the best part of yoga. It feels so good after all that work to just lay there and breathe. Good luck with Monday, everyone!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    AHHH resting day! Oh how I need you :smile:
    Tomorrow I start week 8 (recovery week). Is it just me or is recovery week as crazy as the other weeks. Good luck everyone!
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the thread! Thanks Bob for letting me in on this! Look at all these Xers!! Awesome....it's like a tribe up in here. I'm on Week 4 in the morning and looking forward to the extra Yoga X I'm going to get this week!

Kick this week in the shorts Xers!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We just did an awesome Chest & Back session. Killed those dive bombers. You guys can get better and better with this program if you are willing to progress. Have a great day.
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Update from my weekend. Only got about halfway through Chest and Back on Saturday. I started getting a bad abdominal strain just under my right ribs when doing push ups. It hurt so bad I had to completely stop the workout. Don't know what I did but it was right above a scar from having my gall bladder removed 18 months ago. Didn't attempt Ab Ripper because of my ab pain.

Sunday was supposed to be my Plyo day but worked a few hours in the vegetable garden and then couldn't do it. I ran the rototiller for over and hour and did almost an hour of shoveling and raking leaves and sand. Not exactly cardio, but it was definitely a good workout.

Today, I already did Shoulder and Arms. Woke up too late to try Ab Ripper and a little scared of my ab pain also. Its still been hurting at times. Going to try Ab Ripper tonight, if I can't do it then I'm going to see a doc. Hope I don't have some type of issue with the scar tissue or something.

Keep bringing it!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Well, I totally missed my Legs and Back workout Friday, but did it Saturday, then Kenpo on Sunday. I guess I needed my rest day a little early this week. :happy: Today was Chest and Back. I actually found it harder than the first week, but really pushed myself.

@edorice: Dive bombers killed me today! Those and Diamond pushups are brutal for me. I did notice improvement on my military already, though.

Week 2 is off to a great start!
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Okay - I'm back on the program! Just finished Shoulders and Arms and loved it. Then on to Ab-Ripper-X - YOWZAH!!!! That was wicked! Can't seem to lift my back up - roll it up like they do - so when I couldn't do a certain move I just did crunches. Will my lower back get stronger so I can do those????
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    CurriedGrasshopper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So my updates...

Thurs I threw a birthday party for my Mom, the entire family was at my house so between cake prep, food prep and cleaning floors (why on earth did I feel the need to clean the floors with a 8 month old, 2.5 year old and my 3 year old all running around with food!?) I didn't have time for my video.

So now I'm a day off my already weird schedule. Oh well, one unplanned rest day isn't the end of the world I suppose.

So Friday was chest and back, I didn't feel my best effort was available, I think I need to focus on drinking more water in general.

Saturday plyo went really really well, although I sweated so much that I was dehydrated after and got severely cold until I chugged a LOT of water.. and I do drink during the videos but it wasnt enough.

Yesterday was shoulders & arms, and I was able to actually feel the burn by holding two dumbells together in each hand for most of the moves (5lb + 3lb) .. I"m looking forward to my towns little sports store to get in the 10lb weights I ordered! .. My arms feel fine today, a little tweaky but I anticipate some brutal DOMS by tomorrow..

Today is meant to be Yoga, and I havn't decided if i'm going to sub it out for a different video or go ahead and do the 90 mins.. we'll see!

... I'm refusing to weigh myself until the first 30 days are up, I KNOW I'm gaining crazy muscle right now, I can see/feel things tightening and I know that if I get on that scale and that number is up that I'll panic,, because muscle gains or not, my little 5'2" frame needs that number to go down.

Ignorance is bliss and I'll just put off the weigh in until I've been at this a few weeks and my body will have adjusted a bit!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Tonight is Chest and Back for me... and I am going to try and make it through the whole thing this time (which would be the first time ever). Wish me luck.

I am wicked sore from my rest day yesterday (which involved am 8 mile long run) and have decided that Kenpo X will be sacrificed on the weeks I have long runs (which is just about every week) while I am training for the half marathon. Its cardio and trust me I get plenty of that ... plus I really think my body needs a rest day too.

Divebombers... good god I look so terrible doing those. I can get part way down ... and then I just collapse on the floor... and I struggle to get myself up. I sure hope those get better with time and repitition. Diamon push ups... well those are just never going to happen. I think I can do one and then I have to move my hands farther apart!

To those who are stressed about weight -- I have decided to start a Lenten Scale Diet ... I am not getting on the scale until Easter Sunday. I know I have lost weight, or at least inches because I can feel it in my clothes... and Im not going to worry about anything else. I am just going to bring it ... and see what happens!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm already in recovery week one! This has gone really fast and I'm already planning ahead for my next round.

Today is supposed to be YogaX for me. I got half way through it once and really didn't like it. Today I think I will try the fountain of youth yoga that they sent me with my program. It's half the time so I know I can get through at least that much. I also have TKD tonight so that'll burn me some calories!

I went to a conference and was out of town over the weekend but I got up early Friday and squeezed in my Legs & Back + ARX before I left. Friday's eating wasn't too bad but Saturday was ridiculous! Too much sugar, junk and coffee and not enough sleep! I felt like garbage yesterday and just let myself relax but kept my eating much stricter! Feeling better today and so ready to get back on track!

I really love this program even though it's very challenging. Having a plan that takes me through a cycle of workouts is perfect for my personality and I love that it includes weights!

Off I go! Have a great day everyone!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Okay - I'm back on the program! Just finished Shoulders and Arms and loved it. Then on to Ab-Ripper-X - YOWZAH!!!! That was wicked! Can't seem to lift my back up - roll it up like they do - so when I couldn't do a certain move I just did crunches. Will my lower back get stronger so I can do those????

EVERYTHING will get stronger, just give yourself some time.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hello and good afternoon! Well, today is the start of me adding in extra cardio! I did Turbo Fire 45EZ this morning and after having my Shakeology, it was like I had a bolt of energy running through me! I was dripping in sweat! WOW!!!! That’s exactly why I love that stuff so much! Felt great! Tonight is Chest & Back & ARX! Bring it on!

Kjackson: Welcome to the group! Love to see so many peeps out there who know about P90X! Unfortunately, not a lot of people do! I look forward to hearing about your progress! Enjoy your “recovery” week! It’s still a doozy!

Edorice: Hey girl! Glad to see you again! Nice job on the workout! I love dive bombers myself, totally feel it! Keep pushing play!

Cnance: Sorry to hear about your ab pain on Saturday. Hope you’re feeling a bit better. The good news is, at least you were moving this weekend and that’s all that matters! Let us know how your day goes!

Jenna: Nice job as well! I’m feeling great this week, let’s bring it on week 2 girl!

Onawhymm: Yay!!! Glad to see you back at it! It is hard to roll up at first but your back will get stronger as you go.

Curried: So, how did the b-day party go? Did you splurge a little and have a slice of cake? Some weeks are like that and we can’t plan everything perfectly, so just do your best with it and keep moving onward and upward! Here’s a little tip if you are interested, during plyo, I actually mix up recovery drink and sip on it throughout the workout, it keeps my hydrated and gives me little boosts of energy too. I do that with my Turbo Fire workouts too. Just a thought. I think it’s wise not to weigh yourself until you feel good and ready, it will do down but just think of that lean mean muscle you’re gaining! Keep up the good work!

Emma: You can do it! I’ll be joining you tonight as well with the same workout, what time will you be starting? Maybe we can meet in WOWY! I love your enthusiasm! Kudos to you for holding off on the scale too! That’s generally how I judge everything is how my clothes fit and they are getting looser, even my workout pants! Woo hoo! Nice job, I’m proud of you! Keep it up!

Fran: Wow, time flies! I can’t believe you’re already on week 4 too! I love hearing that you’re already planning ahead, I’m the same way! I’m already thinking of what I’m going to do next! And I love having so many options to pick from! Good job on hopping right back on and bringing it!
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Wow, Day 1 of Week 3 done! I'm having a blast! Although, I'm not seeing much for results yet. Maybe I'm not eating right or something? Or not pushing myself hard enough? I don't know, but my body...doesn't seem to be changing too much....hmmm...well, it's only the start of week 3.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I start my Week 4 recovery today. Im still shocked that I've made it this far. I've gotten so much stronger in the last few weeks especially in my legs. Im loving it. Looking forward to the next few weeks. Im suppose to have surgery in the next month or 2. So I'll really tyring to get fit and lose as much weight as I can since Im not gonna be able to work out for a while afterwards.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just started week 4 recovery. Instead of Yoga I took a Pilates class today and an aerobics class. I couldn't imagine doing 2 days of P90x yoga. Pilates was decent.