New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options

Replies

• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    MCLAHEY - to get started you can use resistance bands. The DVD's will show you how to modify with that bands. I would also recommend some weights and a yoga mat.

Dara - I couldn't do those Rock Star jumps at first either. My husband still does them better than me. You will get better. I hope tomorrow's workout and day goes better for you.

I still can't do Rock Star jumps the "correct" way...same with Jump Tucks. My body just freezes halfway through and I cannot get my legs all the way back. It's like I have some fear of not getting my legs back down fast enough to catch me. So, I modify them. With the Jump Tucks I don't bring my legs up at the same time. I'll jump off the ground with one leg, bring it up to tap my hand on the way up before getting it down quick and bringing my other knee up to hit my other hand. I then switch which side I bring up first. I can do that easily, just not both legs at once. I think it's more mental than physical. I still try to do them the "correct" way whenever I first start.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing....I really want to join this challenge, but I don't want to build so much muscle as much as I want to reduce fat. Therefore, would it be better for me to do the Lean, or the Classic? Also, I want to train for a 5K in June. Should I do running as well as P90X?

Welcome! I'd love to have you join us. But, don't think of it as a challenge necessarily, just a group of us getting together to talk about our experiences with the program and to support and motivate each other. Don't worry about bulking up, won't happen. You can do what I'm going to do and that is, I'm going to lift heavy but not too heavy and try to do more reps with lighter weights as opposed to less reps with heavier weights, make sense? I want to maintain my lean muscle I already have so I think that's what I've decided to do. Also, I do have (somewhere) a schedule from a friend who is a runner on how to incorporate running into your P90X schedule if any of you would like it, let me know.

I would love to see the schedule. Thanks! I'll go for the Classic, since I'm going to be running as well. Yay! So excited!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I really did NOT like YogaX! I got through about 40 minutes of it and had to stop as it was beyond uncomfortable and boring. (Please note: I've never done an actual yoga program before. Just a few sporadic exercises on the Wii). So I switched over to StretchX and that felt wonderful! I'm hoping that next week when I'm a little stronger and a little less sore I can do the yoga. Although, they sent me two free workouts with my P90X set and one of them is a 40 minute yoga program from the Plus program. I think I may start with that one and work my way up to the longer one since I've never done yoga before.

I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be today though so that's good news! I'm a little nervous for tomorrow and those legs and back. I watched it and it looks pretty intense! Will I be able to walk Saturday? My kids have 4-H Rifle shooting and I have a paid cake order to do! :ohwell:
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do NOT like YogaX either. I have taken Yoga classes before, but the P90x yoga is incredibly boring. I am just going to take an actual Yoga class on yoga days to make up for it.
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh and I have to comment on Leg & Back. That's one of my FAVORITE p90x workouts! It's so intense, but thats why I like it so much. You can definitely feel it the entire weekend, but for me when I can feel the workout I am so happy because I know I did something good for my body. I am so excited for legs & back tomorrow! I just dread yoga.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have legs and back, ab ripper tonight. Im leaving tomorrow for a kids/husband free weekend with my sister down in DC. I hope I will be able to walk around the city.
  • annyshay
    Options
    Hello all. I figured it was time to say something instead of lurking. :0) I'm actually on Day 15 of my first round of P90x Classic. I just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the support you've already given me. Also, is it weird that I'm starting to like Chest & Back? Have a great night!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    anny: Welcome and thanks for stopping in! Kudos to you girl! Woo hoo!!!! No, it is not weird at all that you like chest & back! Bring it! Keep up the good work and I hope you decide to stick around! :bigsmile:

jata: Hope you have fun this weekend, sounds like a great time! Your legs might be a little sore but that walking will be great too! Just make sure to drink plenty of water!!! Have fun!

Lovely: I agree, legs & back is one of my favs too; love working my legs! It's one of my areas I need to shape up so the more, the better!

knitt: You should try the extra yoga DVD you got, it's the fountain of youth yoga, isn't it? I heard it's really good! Sounds like you're right on track and doing great!

Can't wait to join you guys on Monday! Bring it baby!

Deb
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Did day 4 today: YOGA. Not really a fan... I feel like an hour and a half is very long for yoga, or anything really. Oh well. Hope you all are doing well.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just saw a post above about yoga being boring. Thats exactly it....boring. I'll have to figure something out.
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just finished my shoulders, arms, and abs. LOVE that workout. I got a better burn than the cardio.

The abs workout kills me, but I am definitely improving, and fairly quickly.

I'm at the same place in the program - lovin' shoulders and arms, too. I'm thinking I need to go out and get 10 lb. dumbbells for a couple of the moves, but on most of the others my 5 and 8 lbrs. work. Can't wait to see more improvement on the ab ripper.

Found out today my husband and I are going to Cabo at the end of April so I really have something to keep me motivated!!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I HATE the Yoga, so I decided I'll just do another Kenpo or Cardio in place of YogaX.

Today was suppose to be Yoga, and I did Kenpo X instead. Much more satisfying than the boring, irritating Yoga.

Tomorrow is Legs and Back. That's my least favorite, next to Yoga. I think it's all the dang squats in a row. Can't do pull-ups, so just sticking to the bands. One day, possibly when I'm lighter, I'll be able to do a pull-up.

p.s.--two more days this week, then heading into a recovery week!

Almost to phase 2!
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I will receive mine in 5-7 business days- lol. see y'all then :wink: im already nervous and yall all have me scared of hating the yoga eeeekkkkk :glasses:
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do NOT like YogaX either. I have taken Yoga classes before, but the P90x yoga is incredibly boring. I am just going to take an actual Yoga class on yoga days to make up for it.

maybe ill pull out the denise austin pilates/yoga for those days if hate it like everyone else
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Found out today my husband and I are going to Cabo at the end of April so I really have something to keep me motivated!!

Lindajay - that should definitely keep you on track. My husband is putting the down payment on our annual vacation next week. And I found some cute clothes in one of my fave clothes catalogs www.metrostyle.com. So bring on Spring!!! :happy:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    MCLAHEY - to get started you can use resistance bands. The DVD's will show you how to modify with that bands. I would also recommend some weights and a yoga mat.

Dara - I couldn't do those Rock Star jumps at first either. My husband still does them better than me. You will get better. I hope tomorrow's workout and day goes better for you.

I still can't do Rock Star jumps the "correct" way...same with Jump Tucks. My body just freezes halfway through and I cannot get my legs all the way back. It's like I have some fear of not getting my legs back down fast enough to catch me. So, I modify them. With the Jump Tucks I don't bring my legs up at the same time. I'll jump off the ground with one leg, bring it up to tap my hand on the way up before getting it down quick and bringing my other knee up to hit my other hand. I then switch which side I bring up first. I can do that easily, just not both legs at once. I think it's more mental than physical. I still try to do them the "correct" way whenever I first start.

I look like I have a mental condition when I'm doing butt kicks in the warm ups for P90X and Insanity.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing....I really want to join this challenge, but I don't want to build so much muscle as much as I want to reduce fat. Therefore, would it be better for me to do the Lean, or the Classic? Also, I want to train for a 5K in June. Should I do running as well as P90X?

Welcome! I'd love to have you join us. But, don't think of it as a challenge necessarily, just a group of us getting together to talk about our experiences with the program and to support and motivate each other. Don't worry about bulking up, won't happen. You can do what I'm going to do and that is, I'm going to lift heavy but not too heavy and try to do more reps with lighter weights as opposed to less reps with heavier weights, make sense? I want to maintain my lean muscle I already have so I think that's what I've decided to do. Also, I do have (somewhere) a schedule from a friend who is a runner on how to incorporate running into your P90X schedule if any of you would like it, let me know.

Can I see that schedule? I am going to continue to train for my half marathons!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Does anyone have an opinion on whether it is better to do fewer regular pushups, or more on your knees?? I was thinking of starting on my knees and working my way to regular, but maybe I should just start with regular and watch the progress?

Start regular and then drop to your knees.

What if I can only literally do ONE pushup... :)
  • emmaleigh47
    Options

Hey girl - is that picture of you crossing the finish line. Its a great picture!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    I am all set for Monday ... although Monday just got alot harder and might have to be on Sunday because I just promised my good friend that I would run 5 miles with her on Monday night. Not sure I have enough in me to run 5 miles and then come home and push play

What should I do?

Can someone answer the classic, lean, and doubles question?

And can I see the schedule for how to do P90X and running?

Oh and can I skip Yoga X and just run?