New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options

Replies

• jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 5 of P90x. Leg&Back and Ab Ripper. Wow what a great workout. Gotta do Kenpo X before I fly out to DC in the morning
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would also like to see the running schedule. I've been jogging on the treadmill to keep in jogging shape because I plan to do some 5ks this spring/summer
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I am looking for that darn schedule.....I know I have it here somewhere, hold tight! Sorry.

Emma: You're just full of questions! lol I would go with the classic version.
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Skipped yoga x today and instead did a circuit training dvd and then some time on the bike - can't wait to do Kenpo again tomorrow. I'm looking for a more upbeat yoga dvd to use intstead of yoga x - I hate to have a day where I dread doing the program.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

I still can't do Rock Star jumps the "correct" way...same with Jump Tucks. My body just freezes halfway through and I cannot get my legs all the way back. It's like I have some fear of not getting my legs back down fast enough to catch me. So, I modify them. With the Jump Tucks I don't bring my legs up at the same time. I'll jump off the ground with one leg, bring it up to tap my hand on the way up before getting it down quick and bringing my other knee up to hit my other hand. I then switch which side I bring up first. I can do that easily, just not both legs at once. I think it's more mental than physical. I still try to do them the "correct" way whenever I first start.

HA HA! Same here! I can't do either one of those exercises "just right". Something about the jumping...I just can't seem to get my legs up where they need to be. Getting better at it with each workout though!
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Is p90x protein shake a must or any protein supplement will work?
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Is p90x protein shake a must or any protein supplement will work?

you dont have to use their products, I still dont have any since I;m unemployed....I just got 100% whey protein powder and follow the p90x recipie for the protein shake, its so yummy! =D
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am all set for Monday ... although Monday just got alot harder and might have to be on Sunday because I just promised my good friend that I would run 5 miles with her on Monday night. Not sure I have enough in me to run 5 miles and then come home and push play

What should I do?

Can someone answer the classic, lean, and doubles question?

And can I see the schedule for how to do P90X and running?

Oh and can I skip Yoga X and just run?

Emma, I'm starting on Sunday as well since I have physical therapy on Monday (last official time yay!!)
    I think I'm going to do the Lean version because I've heard Plyo is really knee intensive and I can't do all the jumping yet. Although I'm not looking forward to missing the Chest and Back, so I may just do my own version. Especially since I hate the Yoga, and I wasn't a fan of the cardio either. I'm thinking of running a few miles and then doing the stretch video on Yoga days.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I am all set for Monday ... although Monday just got alot harder and might have to be on Sunday because I just promised my good friend that I would run 5 miles with her on Monday night. Not sure I have enough in me to run 5 miles and then come home and push play

What should I do?

Can someone answer the classic, lean, and doubles question?

And can I see the schedule for how to do P90X and running?

Oh and can I skip Yoga X and just run?

I would just run. Hardly anyone seems to like YogaX anyway. I did Kenpo X instead of Yoga.
  • stacy7533
    stacy7533 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My husband and I started on 2/19 and today is our first rest day! It's going great so far and I'd have to say that Legs and Plyo have been my favorites so far. I'm loving a new workout everyday and not getting bored. I have to agree with the others who didn't like the yoga and I might pull out the Cardio X video next Tuesday instead. I really don't like the repitition of Sun Salutations and vinyasas. Looking forward to a short break before getting back in Saturday. Happy Friday!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Alright guys and gals, here you go, this is from a friend of mine who trained for a marathon while doing P90X, let me know if the link comes through ok. If not, I'll figure something out.

http://www.runchuckit.com/patrick/TrainingSchedule.htm?type=full&race=RocknRollSEA2009

Stacy: welcome! Congrats to you and your hubby for taking on the X! You won't regret it! Enjoy your rest day before you're back at it again!

Happy Friday everyone! Here's a little video of me doing the mother of all X moves........jump knee tucks, not my fav by I had to make the video for a contest so I posted it on FB too. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-XSGEtumUQ
  • deb93535
    deb93535 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Been lurking for a few weeks already, and love the group. Hoping y'all will help me stay accountable to myself. Travel every week, so am hoping I won't wake up my hotel neighbors!!! I will say I'm looking forward to the increased calories with the workouts. I've done weeks at a time with P90X before, but have never made it through due to one thing or another. . .

Here's to getting home for my weigh in today!! (Rough trip this week, no access to any cardio equipment, no where to do outside workouts, and left all my DVDs at home. Am really just hoping to have held steady for the week in anticipation of next week)
  • aschrader7
    Options
    Just about to start my 3rd week. Absolutely love it. Great results already. Keep it going everybody!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an opinion on whether it is better to do fewer regular pushups, or more on your knees?? I was thinking of starting on my knees and working my way to regular, but maybe I should just start with regular and watch the progress?

Start regular and then drop to your knees.

What if I can only literally do ONE pushup... :)

Do one push up, try for another, drop to your knees and do the rest on your knees. You will get better.
  • edorice
    Options
    MCLAHEY - to get started you can use resistance bands. The DVD's will show you how to modify with that bands. I would also recommend some weights and a yoga mat.

Dara - I couldn't do those Rock Star jumps at first either. My husband still does them better than me. You will get better. I hope tomorrow's workout and day goes better for you.

Hey girl - is that picture of you crossing the finish line. Its a great picture!

Yep, I can't wait to do the next race March 19th.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Just about to start my 3rd week. Absolutely love it. Great results already. Keep it going everybody!

Im in my 3rd week as well! definatley getting toned and tight! good luck!!!!!!
  • JudoJones
    Options
    I'm in my 3rd week of P90x and can already notice a difference in my functional mobility. I've had 2 ACL surgeries in the last year & half and now i'm working to get the weight back off. I'm looking forward to the strength gains, but the Plyo & Yoga have really helped me in recovering core stregnth, flexibility, and that extra pop in movement. I've been working out for a several months since my surgery but the P90x has really kicked my recovery into overdrive.

Good training to everyone,
    scott
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 3rd week of P90x and can already notice a difference in my functional mobility. I've had 2 ACL surgeries in the last year & half and now i'm working to get the weight back off. I'm looking forward to the strength gains, but the Plyo & Yoga have really helped me in recovering core stregnth, flexibility, and that extra pop in movement. I've been working out for a several months since my surgery but the P90x has really kicked my recovery into overdrive.

Good training to everyone,
    scott

Scott, when was your last ACL surgery? I had mine done last Nov 1, so it will be 4 months when I start P90X next week. I've been doing a lot of biking, elliptical and light jogging but my therapist only had me start jumping around last week and it kind of hurt the next day.
    I assume you are doing the Classic. Are you not having problems with the Plyo? Or are you modifying it? Anything specific that hurts your knee? Thanks. It's nice to know I'm not the only crazy one who decided to do this program shortly after surgery!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Just did the legs & Back followed by ARX and it kicked my butt! I'm wiped out. It was a really good workout though. I look forward to my Taekwondo stances improving because I'll have the strength in my legs to support myself. Unlike now where I'm always getting scolded to make the stances bigger because I'm tired and wimpy! I'm also looking forward to my overall stability improving. I already have fairly good balance but having a stronger core will let me kick higher and stronger.

Now I have to go bake a cake for someone and hope my legs don't give out while I'm in the kitchen! We'll see if my arms can hold steady while I decorate the darn thing. :tongue:
  • edorice
    Options
    Just did the legs & Back followed by ARX and it kicked my butt! I'm wiped out. It was a really good workout though. I look forward to my Taekwondo stances improving because I'll have the strength in my legs to support myself. Unlike now where I'm always getting scolded to make the stances bigger because I'm tired and wimpy! I'm also looking forward to my overall stability improving. I already have fairly good balance but having a stronger core will let me kick higher and stronger.

Ab Ripper is good for the core, however I would recommend taking a peek at the Core Synergistics DVD. I love that workout.