your cute...?

Options

Replies

• Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I haven't had time to read all the replies people posted, but I'll tell you how I helped myself.

I started taking belly dance lessons. They helped me feel feminine and embrace my inner beauty, and helped me love something else on the outside more too. (I know that many people think belly dance is provocative, but I am not dancing to try and attract a guy, and I usually only dance at class or in my own home, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it)

Learning these new dance moves helped me to fall in love with my hips. And loving myself increased my confidence which is worth more than anything.

I would suggest finding something that makes you feel feminine. But more then anything find something that you absolutely LOVE about yourself, and do it for you!

Ideas-
    Salsa/ meringue dances
    New dress
    Totally new haircut or color
    Find a friend who is good at flirting and ask her for some tips (this will increase your confidence too, it took me forever to get it down.)
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have trouble convincing OTHER people that I am cute. I am thoroughly convince in my mind that I am one of, if not THE, best looking guy in the world. I once thought I had my wife convinced. Then I learned that the rolling of her eyes was not a way for her to avoid staring at me......
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have never gotten "cute" "pretty" "gorgeous" or "beautiful" Anytime I have heard those words they have been guys talking to me about my friends. Once I meet my goal weight, I want to find a nice salon to go do and have them do something new with my hair and show me how to apply make up better. Then I need to find a store with an assistant that shows you how to shop for your body type
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    It's hard to learn to love yourself isn't it? Sometimes putting yourself out there helps. For example, photography is a hobby of mine and I recently have decided to try and take some creative/fun/silly self portraits from time to time and post them for other people to see. Sounds cheesy, but it kinda works for me. I tend to be insecure also, so my instinct is to withdraw or try to "blend in." Forcing myself to put myself out there, even if it's just my friends and family, sometimes gives me a little boost of confidence. It also helps to be able to take a picture and go...."Wow, I actually don't mind how I look here."
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I agree with outersoul. It's all about the "swag" or "swagger" that dictates confidence = sexiness = hotness. If you got it goin' on, that shows through any kind of body type. As a man, I have pretty eyes. I ooze game and confidence. Even when I was big. That swag gives off an air of the IT factor...as in, "I don't know what IT is, but there's something about 'em that makes me wanna [insert verb of choice] them."
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Also, I <3 the word "cute" and I take it as a huge compliment ...I probably overuse it myself.
  • danblee
    Options
    Let's start with grammar. It's "You're cute..." - That's something that makes you look better almost instantly.
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have the two most gorgeous sisters ever, and I always get, "Sarah is so cute/adorable." It gets really annoying at times.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I believe every girl has their insecurities....even the "pretty" ones or the "hot" ones ...I have seen girls who are drop dead gorgeous ...& yet they still feel ugly...it really is how you carry yourself....when I was younger I used to feel that way sometimes...but now I know better...I'm "cute" even though I'm overweight...&...once I drop the weight I'll be even better...I still get compliments...from other people beside my husb'.. I don't need that to reassure me....or let it get to my head I know I got it going on...& not in a conceited way...so it's like some have said it's about confidence...& YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL but you don't need anyone to reassure you of that ; ]
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    wow well I guess it is nice to know that we all struggle with this...I think that the reason that "cute" bothers me is because it is normally the nice way of saying "who are you kidding you are obviously the tag along that the hott girls keep around to make them feel better"....I didn't mean for this to seem like a "poor me" convention....I just wanna figure out HOW to b pretty, and I totally understand that its a mindset...but how do get there lol if I stand in front of a mirror and try to think of the things that make me pretty my head calls me a liar...and ugly liar for that matter lol....I must say that it amazes me that you ladies feel the same cause you ARE the hott girls!!
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    I is shore sorry....i's sumtyms fourget hows studit I's is two :drinker:
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    Let's start with grammar. It's "You're cute..." - That's something that makes you look better almost instantly.

I is shore sorry....i's sumtyms fourget hows studit I's is two:drinker:
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options

I don't think this was meant as a putdown. I think he was just trying to make the point that there are many things for which we are judged, not just our outward appearance. How we communicate with others says a lot about who we are and how we feel about ourselves.
  • danblee
    Options

I don't think this was meant as a putdown. I think he was just trying to make the point that there are many things for which we are judged, not just our outward appearance. How we communicate with others says a lot about who we are and how we feel about ourselves.

This is correct. I intended no harm and apologize if there was a misunderstanding.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I think grammar nazi's are hot.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    This just made my day! (Few people appreciate the grammarians. Even other English teachers find a stickler for correct grammar to be a drag.)
  • beautifulnow
    Options

This is correct. I intended no harm and apologize if there was a misunderstanding.

None nessecary I was trying to be funny....it was a lot funnier in my head....I guess my cute was showing lol :)
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options

My Grammar was not a nazi, but she was kinda cute.
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options

I think I'm in love, but only if you remove that apostrophe.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    LOL!!
    Wow...so now we have to compliment the RIGHT way to not offend. I need a flow chart please.