~~~share your weightloss~~~

Replies

• IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Y'all are such magnificent people :flowerforyou: your determination, perserverance and common sense is so inspirational. :heart: Peggy
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    At Christmas this year (2007) I weighed 150 pounds. I knew at that point that I didn't feel good about myself, about the clothes I put on, and so on and so on .......

So I started on my own trying to exercise more and eat healthier. Everything I read said to "write down everything that enters your mouth" ...... I tried this on paper but I had a hard time keeping track of the calories, etc. and gave up on that. So in February I did some google searches and found this website ....... the rest is history!!!! :happy:

I joined MFP in February at 146 pounds. I am now at 138 pounds and still going!! I enjoy logging my exercise and the food I eat. I consciously think about everything that goes in my mouth. I am drinking water now instead of Diet Coke. This website has been a life saver ...... it truely has!!!

I do not post a lot on the boards but I have done two of the challenges (currently in the 10 pounds or less challenge) and those REALLY keep me going.

My goal is 130 pounds ..... and I WILL MAKE IT!!!!!!! Thanks to all of the support out there on MFP!!!

THANK YOU ........ EVERYONE!!!!! :drinker:
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    what was your way of loosing all those lbs? I've been unable to change my weight for past 4 years
  • PCentavo
    PCentavo Posts: 2
    115 lb loss, believe me it wasn't over night! It has taken me years of up and down and through some tragedys, but I'm here and I have finally gotten to goal!! It has been worth the fight. Congratulations to everyone who is trying, you will succeed!!
  • Started December 25th 2006 at 325 lbs.

Currently 224 lbs, 101 pounds lost. BMI of 35.1 currently.

Goal weight of 170. Hoping to be there by this time next year... I'm in no big rush, i'll get there when I get there.

Hah, you're an inspiration to me, I hope I will get there someday.
  • Started December 25th 2006 at 325 lbs.

Currently 224 lbs, 101 pounds lost. BMI of 35.1 currently.

Goal weight of 170. Hoping to be there by this time next year... I'm in no big rush, i'll get there when I get there.

Hah, you're an inspiration to me, I hope I will get there someday.

:huh: WOW, that is amazing. congratulations on your loss. . wow
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    I would like to know how much everyone on here has lost and how long it took you.

For me I have lost 78 lbs and have 6lbs to go
    My starting BMI was 44 % and now it is 20%!!! HAY!!
    This has taken me a full year since the 18th of this month!

Please share and modivate and get modivated!!!:smile:

I looked at your profile......you look AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS on all your hard work!!!!
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    new photo on how my stomach is coming along!!!
  • athomemommy
    Thank you!!! You too
  • momandwife
    new photo on how my stomach is coming along!!!

WOW, athomemommy!!!!!!

I looked at your profile and your pics - AMAZING!!! You really should be PROUD of yourself!!!

How long did it take you to lose all that?
    How did you do it? I have this annoying "two baby pooch" (ages 7 & 4) that I cannot get rid of!!! I do crunches, reverse crunches, oblique crunches, cardio, Tae-Bo, treadmill, Pilates, etc. The measurement is slooooooowly going down but if you did anything different I would gladly take some advise!!!!

Thank goodness for MFP - I have been amazed at the support and all the wonderful people on here and their success!!

Congrats on your success ....... you are truely an inspiration!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    I have already lost 18lbs since Feb. and I just started MFP in April. I still have 17 more to go!!!!

65072.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    I would like to know how much everyone on here has lost and how long it took you.

For me I have lost 78 lbs and have 6lbs to go
    My starting BMI was 44 % and now it is 20%!!! HAY!!
    This has taken me a full year since the 18th of this month!

Please share and modivate and get modivated!!!:smile:

Your body is freaking HOT! I have been motivated but now that I have seen your before and almost after pictures, I am even more motivated. My body looks alot like your beginging pictures. I know now that I am going to be freaking Hot also. I am 22 as well and I have been with my husband since I was 13 we have been married for 2 years on July 15 and we have an 11 month old. You are so motivating hope that help you get your last few pounds off and keep it off.

Thank You,
    :heart: Crystal
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Great Job everyone! I've lost 55 as you can see by my ticker...lol I started in January. So I've gone from 246 to 191 and from a 22 to a 14 yay me! lol
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    I have lost 42 lbs so far - started January 4th.

Starting BMI was 34.8

BMI now is 28

Goal BMI is 24

about 20-25 lbs left to lose!!! I started in a tight size 18 and am down to a 12-14. Goal is probably an 8-10. I'm a big-boned girl and nothing will change that! :laugh:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    I've lost 28 pounds in 3 months. I worked so hard. I cut out drinking and eating at work. I was working out but not so much since I've been sick.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Started MFP on Jan 10th, 08, lost 48 lbs since then

starting BMI 33.0, current 25.7, goal 22-23

Went from a size 20 to a size 12 in jeans, I can actually enjoy buying a bathing suit for my vacation coming up!

I want to thank everyone on MFP, this has been the key to my success. Also, I have inspired my husband to get on board and now he is a MFP addict too.:drinker:
  • natalie1
    Athomemommy, what was your motivation? What are 3 the most important things that helped YOU to loose all that weight?
  • natalie1
    Mommyskis, name 3 most important things that helped you in the BEGINNING to start loosing weight
  • athomemommy
    3 things~~~~~

Well 1. was cutting out all fast food, I was addicted and would eat there almost everyday, instead I would increase my lean protein and started eating breakfast. I never ate breakfast before. It seems like I constantly eat now, but it makes sense, eat more OFTEN to keep your metablism up which burns more calories.
    2. would be going from reg caffeinated cola to diet to totally elimating it. I cant even drink a regular cola or pepsi now and I used to HAVE to have at least one or two a day if not more.
    3. I started exercising 3 times a week. Before I would just sit around the house with my small children or lay on the couch while they played and I would watch tv. I know really bad. Even something simple like parking your car as far as you can to walk into the grocery store. So really just moving more. Also I starting not only cardio but strength training, you have to have both. If you only do cardio then your going to lose muscle, but if you do both you keep the muscle and burn the fat.

MY LITTLE SECRET: If I only have time to do part of my workout that day, I do the strength training. Cardio only keeps your metablism up for a few hours BUT strength training will for 12- 14 hours!!!!!!! So you burn more calories!!
  • momandwife
    3 things~~~~~

Well 1. was cutting out all fast food, I was addicted and would eat there almost everyday, instead I would increase my lean protein and started eating breakfast. I never ate breakfast before. It seems like I constantly eat now, but it makes sense, eat more OFTEN to keep your metablism up which burns more calories.
    2. would be going from reg caffeinated cola to diet to totally elimating it. I cant even drink a regular cola or pepsi now and I used to HAVE to have at least one or two a day if not more.
    3. I started exercising 3 times a week. Before I would just sit around the house with my small children or lay on the couch while they played and I would watch tv. I know really bad. Even something simple like parking your car as far as you can to walk into the grocery store. So really just moving more. Also I starting not only cardio but strength training, you have to have both. If you only do cardio then your going to lose muscle, but if you do both you keep the muscle and burn the fat.

MY LITTLE SECRET: If I only have time to do part of my workout that day, I do the strength training. Cardio only keeps your metablism up for a few hours BUT strength training will for 12- 14 hours!!!!!!! So you burn more calories!!

For your strength training .........
    Did you go to a gym or did you do it at home?
    If you do it at home - what do you use?

I'm impressed with how much you have lost - just curious!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!