Replies

• momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sorry ...... double post ....... clicked it twice. :blushing:
  • tryingagain
    tryingagain Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started June 1 and have lost 5 lbs. Sounds like exercise is what I need most. That is what I have been avoiding. You all are great! Thanks for sharing.

67637.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    How inspiring!! I've been on here 2 weeks tomorrow and I never thought I'd find something that motivated me like this. I just feel AMAZING and I've noticed today that my face is already a little leaner. I'm about 7 lbs down on a 75-80lb journey and I hope to be there a year from now.
    Thanks for sharing your stories!!!
  • purplerose40
    Options
    I have lost 45 pounds in the past year and 3 months. But 30 of those pounds I have lost since Jan 2008. I have reduced my portion size , tried avoiding many carbs and tried watching calories. But the main thing I have done is consitant exercise and least 3 times a week. The months I haven't been consistant, I haven't lost:)
  • karenfitness
    Options
    To Natalie 1,

I understand your frustration at losing weight. This is the first time I have really lost weight and stuck with it in ten years. Work the food diary and stay in their calorie intake guidelines, it will begin to work. And if you can do it, add in some kind of exercise.

Good luck!

And to the rest of the success stories shared, congrats!

K
  • neha
    neha Posts: 67
    Options
    been a month now. only 4 lbs lost. You inspire me. Will hang on ti it. It WILL work.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3.5 lbs since starting MFP on 6/8/08 (10 since 01/08) I havent lost anything in 10 days :sad: , but feel stronger , more muscular. Clothes are much looser.

So I am now realizing the ticker below is wonderful, but the ticker in my chest is much mo :heart: re important.

I KNOW I am doing great things to live a longer life.

Hopefully the next post will be 2lbs lighter but if not, I am buying a new pair of jeans, cuz mine are falling off!!

Congratulations to everyone, you are amazing!!!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Started in March have lost 18 lbs.

44118.png

I'm such a show off I posted twice.

:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. I also wanted to put my measurements from the start to now. I have lost a total of 97 inches all over my body. I firmly believe in the measuring. Once you lose the inches you can never even imagine yourself being that big. So here it goes~~~

neck-13 inches to 11 1/2 inches=1 1/2 inches
    arms-13 inches to 10 1/2 inches= 2 1/2 inches x 2 arms = 5 inches
    bust- 44 inches to 33 inches = 11 inches
    upper waist- 38 inches to 27 inches = 11 inches
    mid waist (around the belly button)- 46 inches to 29 inches = 17 inches
    hips/butt- 53 inches to 37 1/2 inches = 15 1/2 inches
    upper thigh- 29 inches to 20 1/2 inches = 8 1/2 inches x 2 legs = 17 inches
    lower thigh- 20 1/2 inches to 14 inches = 6 1/2 inches x 2 legs = 13 inches
    mid calf- 16 inches to 13 inches = 3 inches x 2 legs = 6 inches

Interesting - I carry my weight in my legs! My calf is the same as your starting point (now, haven't lost much there, maybe .5), but my waist started at 33 inches and is now 29-30 inches.

I have been here a year and lost 18 lbs - about 2 lbs a week. I'm not fast, but I'm still here :bigsmile:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I would like to know how much everyone on here has lost and how long it took you.

For me I have lost 78 lbs and have 6lbs to go
    My starting BMI was 44 % and now it is 20%!!! HAY!!
    This has taken me a full year since the 18th of this month!

Please share and modivate and get modivated!!!:smile:

I looked at your profile pictures and the before and after is very impressive. Way to go!
  • tryingagain
    tryingagain Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Week 5 and I had my first week with no loss. I knew it was coming, but it is no fun. How are others doing. Please check in.

67637.png
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    How amazing everyone is! I am just getting started, but it's these boards that keep me motivated and optimistic! I want to be a big LOSER! Congratulations on your accomplishments so far! I'm envious!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28lbs since March 22nd. I am almost halfway to my goal of 150lbs. :drinker:
    I started at 209 lbs and right now I am 181lbs! good job everyone!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I started at 210 in March!!!!!!!!!! I am now at 184!!:drinker: :drinker:

I love this site! It makes me feel "accountable".

Best of luck to all!!:flowerforyou:
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I was in the high 180's last winter before I started 'kind of dieting' in January and lost 10-15 pounds before joining MFP in early April and weighed 173/174. I've lost 25.5 pounds since I've joined and still going, but I've reached a mini goal of mine which was to be 150 by the time of my cousin's wedding (this weekend!) and am now 147. My BMI was 27 and now it's 23. MFP's amazing! :smile: :heart:
  • AnnVG2996
    AnnVG2996 Posts: 5
    Options
    I started 9 days ago and I have lost 1 pound. I am very happy with that first pound of mine. 1 down 39 to go!

:happy:
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    great job everyone, keep it up!!!:smooched:
  • jessidenn3
    jessidenn3 Posts: 34
    Options
    69673.png
    I have been here 1 1/2 months lost 0ver 30 lbs
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I have only lost 2 pounds since June 28th when I started. I had a tough weekend on vacation, but really didn't go over too much.(The couple of Margaritas killed me) But I was wondering if 1200 calories is really just too much for me. When I keep it at about 800 I seem to loose weight at a nice steady slow pace,(like 2 pounds a week) but at 1200 calories I just seem to stay at my current weight or even flexuate up and down. I was reading all the writing about how we are supposed to eat the 1200 so I have been adding a little protein bar to my diet or more chicken to bring my calories and protein up, but now I wonder if I should? I am only 5'3" and have the slowest Metabolism. Oh, just not feeling good about it. I need to get some pictures up today to show how I use to look and what the treatments and eating did to me. You know when I lost the weight before I was at about 700 calories and it was good for me even specially with the running. I didn't drop the weight too fast, I would say about 10 pounds a month. If that is a stready slow pace to loose, maybe I should be doing that again.

But Hey, fabulous for you, you are doing wonderful! Give me some tips.
    SM
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    For me.. I started 10/1/2007 ... and as of now I have lost 76 lbs.............
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!