Cried in the dressing room...again.

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
So today I go to Macy's to try on jeans. I grabbed a pair of size 12's, and a pair of size 10's just to see how far I have until I can fit in them. I pulled on the 10's first, and...what the hell?...they fit! I freaked out. I don't recall ever being a 10. Ever. In my whole life. I don't even recall ever being less than a 14, so putting on 12's always gets me excited. Tempting fate even more, I grabbed a pair of size 8's...and they fit. Granted, they were a slight bit snug. But I was able to breathe, sit down, squat in them! 8's!!! I started to cry right then and there. A SINGLE DIGIT!

Used to be I'd cry when I went shopping because I hated trying on clothes and it depressed the hell out of me. Now I cry because I can see how far I've come. I can see how all my hard work, twice a day gym workouts, passing on dinner/drinks with friends, weighing everything on my scale, measuring every bite, being diligent and determined, has paid off. And continues to pay off!

Replies

• frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I am so looking forward to that day. Congratulations and enjoy your new skinny jeans.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Good for you!:heart:
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is so great! not that you cried. but that you got into that size. those are numbers that we should focus on.
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Great job - and its happy tears...next time do a little dance and yell if you want - you have earned it :)
  • JessDanielle
    Options
    I also look foward to the day that will hopefully be me!! Congrats!! I hate shopping for clothes now :(
  • Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    WHOOOO HOOO! that is so awesome!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! You are doing so great!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    woohoo wtg girl! That is exciting! I'm sure that made your day big time!!!! Congrats to you. All the hard work is paying off for you. Good luck in your further success:):):)r
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    That is so great! I'm happy for you.
    I am working towards an 8, i'm between 10&12 now
  • elaineyang2008
    Options
    I'm soooo proud of you! Add oil! (it's a Chinese saying meaning you can do it!)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Oh i look forward to that day too ! Congrats !
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Awwwwwwww I"m so happy for you! I'm in 10's now (from 14) and my goal is an 8 so WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jrevi001
    Options
    Congratulations! I expected to read a story for someone who needed an extra boost, but instead you gave me the extra boost! I can't wait for the day that I too cry in the dressing room because I am in dress size I haven't seen (or don't remember). Thank you for sharing...very inspirational and put a smile on my face :bigsmile:
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Keep up the great work!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    That IS wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!
  • lawdhelpme2
    Options
    That is awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    whoa! CONGRATS!!!!! i've too never been smaller than an 11. your story is so inspiring!
  • mariapilgreen
    Options
    That is awesome.... CONGRATS!!!!! Keep on going! =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!