Options

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I was just measured for the firts time since HS recently, and am 5'6.5..LOL
    My highest after pg was 167
    I have been on this site now for (I think) around 3+yrs and try to maintain 128-131
    I have a small frame and at this weight and usually a comfy size 6...which is Ok with me
    Most people think I weigh less/smaller though..

Kim
  • cindyrella2010
    Options
    I am 5' 7.5", and my long-term goal is about 150-160. I have always been overweight, so I don't know what my type is! To be honest, I would be happy with pretty much anything but what I am now.
  • aschultz9
    Options
    I am 5'7, currently 135. I felt my best at 120, but did not work out then the way I do now so I presume I have more muscle mass and such so think 120 may not be attainable without starving. I will be happy with 125.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5 and a medium frame. My goal weight is 130ish. The lowest I've ever been in my "adult" life is about 125 and too many people said I was too thin, but it was a lot of outdoor physical labor and hiking, plus minimal sweets (was camped out for weeks on end), so it wasn't really an unhealthy weight to me. I'm only 138 right now, but it's the spare tire from having three kids in three years (hence the name) that I'm trying to get rid of. If I can get rid of that, keep it off and if I gain a few pounds back, I'm good with that. Just need to lose the spare tire/love handles. Good luck! =)
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I compared wrist sizes with a woman I know who's exactly the same height as me. My wrist was half again as large as hers, so I don't think I could have a small frame :laugh:

I'm guessing at 5'6" and 6.5" around the wrist that I'm medium-large frame.

I'm looking at 145 for now and reassess once I get there.

Last time I weighed that was ooooo 25 years ago. At that time, size 14 pants fit me perfectly. Now I'm 177 and in size 12's. While I think vanity sizing sucks, I can't deny that my vanity pushes me to want to believe.

If you want non-vanity sizing in Canada, try on some Jones New York clothes. They just don't compromise!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 126...i've hit that weight before and looked fab...i tend to average out at 130 when i focus on toning more than cardio but it's ALL muscle and i miss being that small!
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    im 5 ft 7 my goal weight is set to 130 im gunna get to 140 first tho and see if i need to lose anything else after that :)
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6 and my goal is 126lbs
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I too am exactly 5' 6.5"
    My goal is 135.
  • mariea1171
    mariea1171 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For me, my goal is 160. I'm 5'7 and I'll be 40 in November so for me I think 160 will be great. I'm not looking to be a stick I'm actually looking forward to being healthy. I think that's the most important. What weight would you feel healthy at?
  • Sunshine0107
    Options
    I am 5'6". My goal was 155, but I am at 153 now so I might go for 150, but I would be happy to stay where I am.
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    im around 5'6 5'7 and my GOAL weight has always been 130. I would love to hit that number. im around 150-154 now and trying to get back to my previous weight of 140, and that was a pretty good weight for me. I felt good at that weight But once I get back there, Im trying for 130. Hopefully with a little dedication and patience, ill get there!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5' 6.5". I'm shooting for an initial goal weight of 160 and then I'll reassess when I get there. In high school I weighed 138 and looked like a twig with boobs. :blushing:
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 160...before I had my son, I dropped from 210-215lbs down to 155 and that was the lightest I'd ever been, but I'm not sure if it was realistic to maintain that weight for me now - before I became a mom I could go out and run for 2 hours and lived off of grilled chicken salads and smoothies :) - now, that's just not going to happen!!!
    I'm 14 lbs away from my goal and it's the hardest 14 lbs to lose EVER!!! (or it just feels that way!!!)
    For my frame I think 160-165 is perfect. Mostly, I want to feel healthy. The number on the scale is just a bonus!!!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", medium frame. I weighed around 125 at 18 (very slender and fit from gym class and farm chores), matured to about 135 in college. I gained up to 165, then worked it off running in my late 20's back to a very fit 135-140, until I had my kids in my early 30's. I've been battling or ignoring my weight since then. I set my current goal at 150, which is comfortably inside the desired BMI. I'd love to get back to 140-145.
  • raiderkiwi
    Options
    I am 5' 6 and my goal weight is 135 to 140. at the moment I am 155 so still have a ways to go! getting there !!! and loving every minute :)
  • raiderkiwi
    Options
    I am 5' 6 and my goal weight is 135 to 140. at the moment I am 155 so still have a ways to go! getting there !!! and loving every minute :)
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i am 5"6
    and the lowest weight i have been was 130. no matter how much i worked out in a day or anything i tried, i couldnt get lower then that

my goal is 140. the stress of trying to maintain 130 was horrible! working out 2 hrs or more a day, counting every tinny calorie, cutting out everything i could think of (that was bad).

i would be much happier at 140 :]
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 '6.5", and I look and feel best around 126, but it's real hard for me to get there and maintain that. Usu. my body wants to settle b/t 130-135, but I'm hoping that by using MFP now, and increasing my strength training, that I'll not only get to that weight, that I'll be healthier and more muscular/tone, not just thin.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Hmm Im 6 feet and around 150 right now. Id like to be at 145, but that is really hard for me to get to!