Zig zagging calories. Is awesome!!!!!

Options
Hi all,

I was stuck on a plateau for weeks, I couldn't shake it. So I came across zig zagging calories (calorie cycling) on some nutrition website and thought what the heck. So what you do is simple you mess with your metabolism or something like I started this on this past Friday which calls for a high calorie day 1600 calories. It was fun. I did splurge. The next day I went down to 1200. After that I was up to 1500 so on and so forth. All in all after being on a 1200 calorie diet for two months this was fun . Yes i exercised and i aye those calories too So I woke up today thinking, no way is this going to work so fast or at all.... And I lost 1.5 pounds just like that. Over 4 days. Is it possible? Don't go under the minimum of 1200 cals on your lowest day you know that isn't good.

This will be my calorie cycling schedule. Someone posted here and I liked it.
Monday. 1200 calories
Tuesday. 1500 calories
Wednesday 1300
Thursday. 1200
Friday. 1600
Sat 1200
Sun. 1500

I just wanted to pass this on and it got my body out of that darn plateau. Don't forget to eat your exercise calories.
Thursday

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing last week and lost 4lbs. :) Definitely worth a try if you are stuck!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Hi all,

I was stuck on a plateau for weeks, I couldn't shake it. So I came acros zig zagging calories (calorie cycling) on some nutrition website and thought what the heck. So what you do is simple you mess with your metabolism or something like I started this on this past Friday which calls for a high calorie day 1600 calories. It was fun. I did splurge. The next day I went down to 1200. After that I was up to 1500 so on and so forth. All in all after being on a 1200 calorie diet for two months this was fun . Yes i exercised and i aye those calories too So I woke up today thinking, no way is this going to work so fast or at all.... And I lost 1.5 pounds just like that. Over 4 days. Is it possible? Don't under the minimum of 1200 on your lowest day you know that isn't good.

This will be my calorie cycling schedule. Someone posted here and I liked it.
    Monday. 1200 calories
    Tuesday. 1500 calories
    Wednesday 1300
    Thursday. 1200
    Friday. 1600
    Sat 1200
    Sun. 1500

I just wanted to pass this on and it got my body out of that darn plateau. Don't forget to eat your exercise calories.
    Thursday

Oh wow will have to remember this, I havent moved for a week and half :cry: but coming up to TOM so hopefully be back on track again soon.

Seems a sensible way to do it as long as the weekly cals all add up, which on the ipod/phone app it shows this. Also think as you can have a little of something naughty on higher days probably would keep peeps on track.

Well done you.
  • phia1102
    Options
    hmmm....definitely sounds like fun! I wonder if I should try it?
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Its definitely worth a try! My hubby says its a great way to keep the body guessing
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that...never tried it though. But it is true that if you stick to the same amount of calories everyday, your body starts to get in a routine, and the metabolism, over time, will adjust to that calorie amount. Shaking up the system sometimes does get your body back in motion sometimes.
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thank for this post :-) I have been stuck for the past month!
    I must admit, I do feel a little guilty as I havn't been totally honest with my tracking (I was, up until the last week or 2 totally honest!) though I have still been exercising.. just not quite as often as I was...

I feel a little vent coming on sorry guys....!

I think I may give this zig-zaggin a try, Im at a weird point -
    I have lost nearly a stone on here, and a dress size which is great
    For some reason though, I have become more relaxed recently and Im wondering if it is because my fist wedding dress fitting is in 2 weeks, and it is already a little big.

It sounds soo stupid but part of me is worried about becoming too small (for wedding dress alteration).. how bad is that - spesh since I still have 4lbs to lose to have a healthy bmi and 9lbs to my goal..

I actually feel better for admitting it, as stupid as it really does sound.. do any other brides worry about this??
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Going to give this a shot. I've been stuck for two weeks now. Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • kidakiwi04
    Options
    bump
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting this! I just went to the site and Im going to start the zig zag next week!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I must try this!! :bigsmile:
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    OH EXCITING ..GONNA TRY THIS...
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow! I will definitely try this. I have been gaining and losing the same three pounds all month. Thank you for sharing it.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    This is so nice to know! If I don't lose this week, I will try this for the next. .4 isn't gonna swing it for me for another week...no way, no how! :angry:
  • tmahfouza
    tmahfouza Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OOO, I want to try!
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Why not? Im game
  • mommabear2002
    Options
    I didnt know they had anything out there like this. I do this in my own little way where I have an "off" day once a week but I make sure I dont get too extreme on my day off. This is awesome! But I never knew how to really explain it to anyone to give them advice or what their limit should be when they do have their "off" day. Thanks for posting this. I am definately passing it on.