Zig zagging calories. Is awesome!!!!!

Options

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    wonder if it works on any plateau? when you are trying to lose your last 10 lbs too? any thoughts? I'm about to chop off a limb. :tongue:

worked for me! I'm on my last 6 now :):)
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    bbbbbbbbbump!
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    hmm thank you so much for posting this!! So far my calorie cut is still new to my body so I am still steadily losing but if I get stuck in a rut, you can bet I will be trying this!! THANKS AGAIN :):)
  • Kimber2336
    Options
    What does bump mean?
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Interesting! BUMP :-)
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    wonder if it works on any plateau? when you are trying to lose your last 10 lbs too? any thoughts? I'm about to chop off a limb.

LOL, this sounds like me!! I am willing to give it a whirl, but I am wondering if the calorie count on the website posted is what you should eat before figuring in workout calories???
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    The calorie calculator people put here puts me at WAY higher calories than I am on on MFP. If MFP has you set to 1200, and it says not to go below 1200, how can you eat over that regularly (most days the other website has me at 1300ish for fat loss (1216 for 'extreme fat loss', which it recommends against). is this right? Will I still lose the same amount (or more) eating this many more calories???
  • katapple
    Options
    when I used the calculator, I just got my BMR. Then I used that number, added exercise calories and ate either right on target, 200 below, or 200 above

For example

Monday: BMR + Ex cals
    Tuesday: BMR + Ex cals - 200
    Wednesday: BMR + Ex cals + 200

and so on...
  • lexis0911
    Options
    Thanks for posting!! Gonna keep this in mind if and when I hit a wall!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    are these net calories, or do you still have to eat your excersise calories!, for people that have done this in the past, just wondering
  • mckval
    mckval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    are these net calories, or do you still have to eat your excersise calories!, for people that have done this in the past, just wondering

For me, anyway, net calories is when I eat my exercise cals...and I always do. So yes. Eat all of the calories so that you net at least 1200, and more when you are "zagging"
  • KDonnelly1976
    Options
    Question about this...lets say Friday the calories are 1300 and Saturday they are 1600...can you swap those days?
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I have been stuck for 2 weeks (actually gained .2 this week but my calories have been within 10 every day) Going to try it this week.
  • Debx12345
    Options
    Bump
  • tbtravels
    tbtravels Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump! My trainer suggested this too but I have yet to try it. Thanks!
  • katapple
    Options
    Question about this...lets say Friday the calories are 1300 and Saturday they are 1600...can you swap those days?

I'd say yes, the point is to consume the same amount of calories for the entire week while zig zagging as you would if you were just eating the same every day.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    That is SO awesome! A chance to eat disgusting amounts of food again :)

Oh yah i am having taco lasagna tonight. God bless you zig zag.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I have been stuck for 2 weeks (actually gained .2 this week but my calories have been within 10 every day) Going to try it this week.

I hope it snaps you out of it. Let us know how it works for you. I panicked putting those extra calories in at first.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This sounds good! Already I also kinda do that, just not on purpose! For example, on my 2 work days a week, I eat 1500-2000, and my normal days I have a target of 1040, but I always exercise so it varies. And today I haven't exercised but still ate more - 1500! :O