What is the one food you can't / won't give up?

Options
Mine isn't really a food but I'm not willing to give up my coffee creamer. I used to feel guilty for the "wasted calories" but have decided to give up the guilt. One concession I have made is limiting myself to 2 cups of coffee rather than a whole pot which also limits the coffee creamer I use. I track it and figure it into my daily calories.

How about you? Do you have one thing that you just aren't willing to give up?

Cathy

Replies

• seamhead
    seamhead Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Boulevard Single Wide Pale Ale - I do extra exercise every couple of days in order to drink one of these.

4391482.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds sugar free vanilla Iced coffee, 1-2x a week....
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    I do like a packet of crisps yummy, I make better choices though, like lower fat/cal versions or even pretzels.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Is booze a food ? :wink: :laugh:

on a more serious note, i have alread cut down, but if it looks like i won't be able to get to my goal, i would be willing to cut down even more :noway: :sad:
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Bread...it's a good thing I don't live in Paris but I have to go into every single boulangerie...
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my coffee creamer, but I did switch to the fat free version. I tried the sugar free, but I didn't like it.
    Chips, I love wise barbq chips since I was a kid...I have to have chips once (or 2x a week) but I def do not down the bag like I used to. I grab a handful and count them and add them to my diary!!!
  • Bonnie555
    Options
    I am with you Cathy - I love my coffee creamers. My morning routine is into work, get my coffee and begin my day:drinker:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't and didn't give up anything, and no one needs to. Just limit the stuff you like to treats and eat smaller portions than you did when you gained the weight.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I have switched to the good quality dark chocolate though. Might as well make it as healthy as possible.
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    Fried plantains! It's my once a week treat :)
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I have 13 pounds to go - until I can indulge in my foods. 130lbs.

I'm very strict with myself...I've given up so much to get where I am I'm today - and I'm glad I did :smile:
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I won't say CAN'T because I CAN do anything and I did once give this up for 30 whole days! But went back because I LOVE my soda! Soda is my coffee in the morning and it is my tea at night. I drink 2 a day. A caffinated on in the AM and a decaffinated one in the PM. The rest of the day I drink water. :drinker:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    ONE food? HA! :) I have to include two: cheese and red wine. I save my exercise calories for red wine on some days, that way I am still eating enough food calories and can budget in "empty calories." I have found nibbling on pungent cheese helps me eat less but still feel satisfied (aged cheddars, stilton, parmesan reggiano, etc.).
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    red wine!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and cheese.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    wine.... but i have limited it only to weekends!! That was a big step for me!!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Snacking in general. And the occasional scallop (deep fried slice of potato in batter from the chippy).
  • krisvtx8777
    Options
    Mine is my coffee mate as well. But I now decided that even though I lost fine still having it. I need to change things up since I'm not losing anymore. So now I have green tea and save my 2 cups of coffee with coffee mate for the weekend. I know that 70 calories doesn't seem like a big deal. Maybe I'm just punishing myself lol
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha....and Caramel Frappicinos if it's warmer.....I limit myself to only going there once on the weekends.....instead of stopping in every day like it used to....
  • Splendidissimus
    Options
    Pasta... mac and cheese and fettucini alfredo especially. I know it's so bad, but it's most of what I eat... I'll switch to the Lean Cuisine sorts of varieties, but I don't think I'm willing to find something healthier. I just have to plan calories around that.