What is the one food you can't / won't give up?

Options

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Ummm...can I just do a mini list? :)

Tortilla chips
    Cheese
    Pico de Gallo
    Guacamole
    ...hmm...and booze :)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up (I am doing an experiement with no candy but doubt that lasts). I just build it into my calories if I want it. Some days it works well and some days it doesn't.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    coffee and milk. I only take 1% milk in my coffee (never did like cream) but my coffee and milk in the morning is non-negotiable. I do think I may eventually change my afternoon cup to green tea but I'm not there yet.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Crisps for me. I love 'em! But now if I have, say, a large bag of Walkers Sensations (I think they're about 150-200g bag sizes?) I'll measure out 25g rather than just working my way through the entire huge bag!!
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    So Delicious coconut creamer and a bit of chocolate. If this is going to be a lifestyle change, I have to be able to enjoy my food a little. I do limit my coffee to no more than 1 cup per day and chocolate to dark chocolate only and a very little bit is enough (usually) to satisfy me.
  • kaitlinmre
    kaitlinmre Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I use a non-fat liquid half and half which is really good.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Gave up nothing other than overeating and being too lazy to exercise.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm with erickirb ... I really haven't given up anything. I don't have some things often but I still occasionally have a donut (that I LOVE and used to eat several times a week). I just have less and treat less often. There isn't anything I want that I haven't had and worked into my program. And I have occasionally gone over my calories but it has been very rare and I have been doing this just over a year.
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    coffee with lots of creamers, other than that i'm ok; yet i cut the coffee down to work days only
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Mine is also my coffee creamer addiction. I would jump for joy at a new flavor (and I still do!). I am also like you I limit myself to (2) cups of coffee and 3 TBL. of creamer only. I used to drink a pot of coffee/day with at least 1/2 cup of creamer eeeeks. I tried adding almond milk in my coffee and its just not the same..........My other is Red Beers (Coors Light w/clamato juice) I also just limit these to "high strung days" when I want to unwind quick and sleep good!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    and the food that i give up that i dearly love is whole milk. I can drink a gallon a day, no problem. shame it's not like water. i'd have no problem getting my 8 glasses a day. I have gone to a non-fat milk that I limit my self to 1 glass a day because of the sugar content in it. when I get to my goal weight i will probably go back to the whole milk but just 1 cup a day.
  • RockCreak
    Options
    I am not giving up anything. Why should I. I do entitle myself to a cheat day. I just don't go overbaord and do so with moderation. I also make sure that I go to the gym and burn off most, if not all, of the calories.

Instead of giving up my favs, I adjust. Like I don't drink regular sodas anymore... I drink diet....etc.

I do have a regualar soda every once in a while to give me that ahhhh! feeling like a Coca-Cola does...but very little.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't and didn't give up anything, and no one needs to. Just limit the stuff you like to treats and eat smaller portions than you did when you gained the weight.

Amen! This has certainly worked for me -- I still eat the things I love, jjust a lot less of them. I never feel deprived or hungry, and right now I feel better and look better than I have in YEARS. Once you learn portion control, and then get off your *kitten* and exercise, the weight takes care of itself. Sure I may have to push myself a little extra so that I can have that Five Guys burger once in a while, but I make sure I work off the calories FIRST.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I can't say I gave up anything. I have bonuses. Ice cream one week, candy, Then I dont feel like I'm punishing myself. Most of the time I dont miss any of it. When I started to clean house I thought giving up soda would kill me. Now I drink at least 8-8oz of water a day and haven't once missed soda.

Have a great fit day!!!
  • WarriorGranny
    Options
    I try not to feel like I'm depriving myself of my favorite foods, but I'm learning to try to sub the processed "frankenfoods" I can't live without with real food that I can live with. So for my must-have crunchy snack - almonds or Beanitos. For my driving-home-from-work-but-stuck-in-this-stupid-traffic-jam moments when I used to whip into a fast food joint, I now keep an emergency stash of cut veggies and hummus snack packs in my lunch pack. The one and only food I will not , can not give up - :love: CHOCOLATE:love: - but now I eat the really good stuff, Godiva 70% and find that I don't want to binge on it because it's too good to waste (and too expensive, too!) :smile:
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Definately bread - I know you shouldn't exclude it from your diet completely but I know I eat too much. :D
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mine is coffee creamer too! I have cut my consumption in half but I have to have my morning coffee! :) I also have 2-3 Starbucks a week. I work them into my calories or exercise calories but I won't give it up! I'd rather quit eating. lol.
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ice cream! but now instead of eating a "bowl" full, which was like 3 cups! I limit it to 1 or 2 scoops and not every night just 1 or 2 after a good workout!
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    pasta and alcohol. I looooooove pasta, any kind of pasta (fettucine alfredo, mac n cheese, spaghetti w/ meat sauce). I have started buying the whole wheat pasta instead of the regular stuff in order to try and make it a little better. As for the alcohol... I have still had a problem cutting back on that. i only drink on the weekends, but it's still tough to limit myself. :drinker: