What is the one food you can't / won't give up?

Options

Replies

• sophiajackson99
    Options
    I wouldn't and didn't give up anything, and no one needs to.

I don't give up anything either. I like what I eat. Most people looking at my food blog though would probably consider my answer to this question to be good, dark chocolate. :)
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't and didn't give up anything, and no one needs to. Just limit the stuff you like to treats and eat smaller portions than you did when you gained the weight.

this is how I feel.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I haven't really "Given anything up" but I have focused on making better choices. I no longer purchase coffee creamer at the store, so if I have some during a special occasion or gathering, it's a treat, but I'm also okay with declining. I no longer puchase potato chips (for myself) or full meals or french fries when we go out (although I was never big on fast food or fries). I try to eat the same as my family, only I eat healthier portions and concentrate on making the entire meal more health friendly. All 5 of us in our family will not be hurt by better meal plans.

My husband LOVES tortilla chips with a shredded cheese sprinkled on top (baked in the oven) with salsa for dipping once a week for a treat. I still do this, only I measure mine out and use minimal amounts of cheese. I've had pizza and a beer. I've had a glass of wine or two. And all those things are ONCE IN A WHILE. Not every day! But I plan for those things and make sure I stay under my calorie and fat allowances.

If I gave things up, I'm afraid I would binge and fail. I tried the restricted things in the past and in college I fought with a horrible anorexia problem (denying myself and then binging and purging) which was a horrible time in my life. I don't want to be tempted to go there again.

Moderation, portion control and healthy choices. That's my motto. :) So far it's working. I'm down 13lbs in 8 weeks. I'm extremely pleased with that and intend to keep this as a lifestyle change!
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    my cocktails...I have to indulge at least a few times a week. I make up for the empty calories by adding some extra time to my workouts daily.
  • LaurieKPhoto1972
    Options
    Starbucks bottled Mocha Frappuccino coffee drinks! SO HAPPY they come in "Lite" now!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I guess since I am now watching my sodium I can say anything that comes out the sea that I might like to consume lol I'm a huge seafood lover but the sodium in somethings are just out of this world. On occasions I will have my Alaskan Snow Crab Legs. On those days my body has to take one for the team. I drink my water and I don't have any health issues such as high blood pressure nor am I a prone to have it because it doesn't run in my family. So I'm good with this one.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    ONE food? HA! :) I have to include two: cheese and red wine. I save my exercise calories for red wine on some days, that way I am still eating enough food calories and can budget in "empty calories." I have found nibbling on pungent cheese helps me eat less but still feel satisfied (aged cheddars, stilton, parmesan reggiano, etc.).
    Ditto! Just add in some crusty French bread for me please!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I would give up anything if it was necessary to do so in order to be fit/lose weight. No food is worth my health. That said, I eat whatever I want....just very sparingly, occasionally and in reasonable portions.
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE, any kind of cheese!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Red wine, beer, mac and cheese, cheese in general, and a good steak. And I REALLY wish it wasn't the case but I love fettucine alfredo...
  • Splendidissimus
    Options
    CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE, any kind of cheese!

Totally with you. :}
  • demone00
    demone00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    toss up between lifesavers wildberry fruit gummies and pineapple sherbet
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't and didn't give up anything, and no one needs to. Just limit the stuff you like to treats and eat smaller portions than you did when you gained the weight.

EXACTLY.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options

I agree, I haven't given up anything. If I really want it, I just have to workout harder ahead of time to "earn" it. I even had a Caramel Egg yesterday because they are a weakness of mine. But I still stayed under calories:) Yummy!
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Pain au Chocolat. So yummy, I don't buy them regularly, but if I do buy them I WILL find a way to work them into my calories!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    My vice is coffee, with International Delight creamer. But I limit myself to 1-2 cups a day. I've given up pretty much everything else sugary/salty/fried and don't miss it at all, but I can honestly say I would feel deprived without my coffee!!
  • BStayer
    Options
    Beer and Cheese. I'm a big craft beer lover, I write up and rate all my new beers, go to beer festivals, even plan my vacations around visiting breweries and sampling beer. Beer is a hobby of mine that I have no intention of letting go. I've dropped my consumption substantially, from 1-2 a day to 1 every 1-2 weeks.

Also, cheese. Man, I love cheese. Keen's Cheddar, Humboldt Fog, the more exotic and expensive cheeses (go figure, to go with my expensive beer hobby :-(. These 2 go hand-in-hand like peanut butter and jelly. Just love'em. In fact, I've found myself dreaming about these things, lol!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    XL DD from Tim Horton's (for you non-Canadians out there, that is an XL coffee "Double-Double" (i.e. two cream, two sugar). 280 calories for one... but it is SO yummy. Only twice a month or so do I indulge but I just can't give it up completely!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    There's nothing that I've "given up", I just have them as treats instead of every day foods. Those include pizza, beer, cheese, chocolate, ice cream, chocolate chip cookies and Kraft Dinner. I plan on living on this plan forever so I don't see any reason to hurry to a weight and to forego things that I enjoy to possibly getthere a little bit faster (assuming eating "clean" makes you lose weight faster than strictly calories in vs calories out).
  • Simonscat
    Options
    I have a BIG list ><
    I don't give them up. I sometimes binge on them during weekends, I know I shouldn't but working on that will power to stop!

I find that if I give something up totally, I crave it even more and makes me a little bit paranoid and depressed.