cant even believe Im going to post this issue

Options
ok this took some nerve for me to post b/c I was raised we dont talk about such an issue to strangers unless it is a Dr.
In which I dont have insurance right now too see my Dr ( due to hubby lay off) which suxs.

I started my workout and food plan back on 2/9/11.
I started at 226 pounds.
*I have had my stomach stapled so I know my digest track is not the same as others*
I am walking , doing situps , plenty of physical movement, which thus should help to move out excess from the body(#2)

However, not my case. Since the 9th I have went 1 time and this morning I weighed myself and Im OVER my start weight.
I cant not put more food into my body , until having a bowel movement.
I feel horrible but I still do my workout , even though its causing me pain
I got some miralax yesterday thinking it would help but nothing so far.
I did not have this issue when I had my surgery in fact, I was eating wayyy less than this, and barely working out well since I was recovering from major surgery and lost 20 pounds in a month.
However since I am cutting our fatting and high sugar foods I dont get "dumping" .a WLS term, it makes you go really quickly after eating things like that b/c my body cant handle them in there and they just pass thru.

anyone have a home remedy to help the bowel move?
I hate putting all those OTC pills in my body , but I will if I have not luck..

Replies

• jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Cranberry Juice
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    Coffee or Apple Juice. Also, when my daughter (4 yrs old) is like that, her doctor says to put a little dark kayro syrup in 8 ox of water and drink it. It always worked for her. Hope it gets better!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I know it's gross, but go to the pharmacy and get an enema. It's just saline.

Just get it out of you or you could have some serious problems.
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Prunes!
  • danielleminton
    Options
    Try Apples or Apple Juice...

Try to eat as much fiber as you can....
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    how much water do you drink a day?? water defiantly helps you get things moving.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've found that a cup of coffee in the morning gets mine moving....
  • tmagie
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and go to the pharmacy for Miralax....it WILL work miracles!
  • ncorkett
    ncorkett Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I went to a nutritionist a year ago because I was on medication that made me constipated. She said that I should be eating at least 25g of fibre a day. It's made a real difference. I was taking 12 metamucil pills a day and it wasn't even working. I don't take any now and things are back to normal. The easiest way to do it is 1/3 cup of All Bran cereal for breakfast. That's 11g right there. I don't have any experience with the rest of your situation, but this is an alternative to taking OTC medication.
  • tlynnclemmons
    tlynnclemmons Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've found when nothing else works for me that the Phillips Milk of Magnesia pills work great - I can't stand the liquid stuff which works much faster but if you take the pills with a lot of water it tends to help it work a little faster also. good luck - i know the feeling and nothing makes you more miserable then not being able to go.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    dont ask me why but when i eat an egg and cheese omelette I go immediately after or coffe and milk in the morning on an empty stomach.

i did buy some very gentle stool softeners to help me out with this issue before they are called CASCARA SAGRADA i bought mine at walmart for about $6. its NOT a laxative, it WONT give u a sudden urge or cramps, u just drink one every day with plenty water and it helps :)
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    Lactulose.

take one of the little cups full every hour until you go. You WILL go!!
  • modifyinglife
    Options
    sea salt water flush idk you might want to research that first since you had surgery on your tummy
    and smooth move laxative tea works really good for me
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Sweetie - you need to call a doctor. It's been, what almost 2 weeks, that cannot be healthy. There could be other issues going on (obstruction, etc). Are you normally regular? I normally am, and I just went 3 days without following my normal pattern and gained weight (5 pounds) - so weeks would definitely have me up A LOT!!!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Guess I really meant it! Double post.
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I agree, water, apple juice and fresh coffee always work for me (has to be fresh as it's the high caffine content that does it, instant isn't as powerful).
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I've found that a cup of coffee in the morning gets mine moving....

same here, especially with milk/cream
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    water is all I drink all day I get in about 64oz and sometimes more. being my full tummy right now water is getting harder to get in
  • RoseEnvy
    Options
    try with tablespoon of olive oil, prune juice, black coffee, green tea... and don't eat chocolate or bananas.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I dont have insurance so I know its hard,try going to an urgent care.