cant even believe Im going to post this issue

Options

Replies

• BrandNewMia
    Options
    I know without insurance it will be costly, but you MUST go see a doctor. That is a really, really long time to go without a bowel movement, it is toxic to your body, and there may be an obstruction. Please, go see a doctor ASAP!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    oh you poor thing :( That is a looong time to go without pooping....Last time I was constipated (tried atkins, never again) I wound up getting glycerin suppositories....took a few times, but eventually it worked
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    Options
    A TBS of Mineral Oil or you can try Olive Oil. This should def. Work.
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    Flax seed oil or flax meal 2 tbs once a day it is the best natural thing available.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Miralax didn't work for me either. Neither did the prescription medication that the doctor recommended before a colonoscopy. I went 3 weeks without a BM and it took 4 enemas at the hospital to finally get things moving. They never found anything wrong, but diagnosed IBS with Constipation. They tried all kinds of meds for it and none of them worked. But thanks to some nutrition training, I now know that anytime I have IBS with constipation issues, these things do:

Banana
    Oatmeal
    NitroTech RTD shake (Worked the fastest because it is more protein then my body can handle at one time)
    BRAT diet (Bananas Rice Applesauce Toast) --For some people they use this for diarrhea but for me it was recommended for constipation and it worked.
    Fruit/Juice Fast (Yeah, eating nothing but fruits, veggies, and juices.)

So, now, I make sure to have some form of banana at least every other day, even if it is in a bar or shake, because that works the absolute best for moving things for me. If I can't get a banana, I eat extra fruits/veggies/juice, oatmeal, etc. If I go on vacation and eat nothing but junk for a week, I get a NitroTech shake as soon as I get home. Works like a charm! But be at home when you try it. ;)
  • Trjlove
    Options
    First due to your surgery, I would recommend seeing a doctor you could have a bowel obstruction. Lack of elimation is toxic and could prove fatel. Don't mean to scare you, but telling you the truth. Go to a community clinic, you may have to wait a bit, but it is worth it for your health.

I was going to have gastric surgery, but changed my mind when I had this encounter with a woman in a public bathroom
    who had eaten a cinnamonster and had surgery (dumping syndrome).

Anywho, organic apple juice and drink plenty of water. You can even mix a little of the Myercolax in it. But you have to drink alot of water.

Also another thing that has worked for me is herbal tea, it is called smooth move.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    If I go on vacation and eat nothing but junk for a week, I get a NitroTech shake as soon as I get home. Works like a charm! But be at home when you try it. ;)

I googled this product, it only has 20g of protein so is it a different type of protein that causes a digestive effect?

100% folic acid, calcium and only 100 calories in the product is nice, I will bookmark for sure.

EDIT: actually, since I just noticed you eat 70-80% carbs a day due to regularly active activities training others perhaps this has just been a beneficial effect for you since it is ALOT of protein for . Oh well :(
  • gffs
    gffs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My friend had this problem. I told her to start taking magnesium and now she no longer has the problem. You can get magnesium tablets at any health food store, some groceries, and online (Swanson Vitamins or Puritan Pride Vitamins). Start with 500 mg twice daily (once at night and once in the morning).

You especially need magnesium if you are taking calcium which the stupid doctors won't tell you.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    If I go on vacation and eat nothing but junk for a week, I get a NitroTech shake as soon as I get home. Works like a charm! But be at home when you try it. ;)

I googled this product, it only has 20g of protein so is it a different type of protein that causes a digestive effect?

100% folic acid, calcium and only 100 calories in the product is nice, I will bookmark for sure.

EDIT: actually, since I just noticed you eat 70-80% carbs a day due to regularly active activities training others perhaps this has just been a beneficial effect for you since it is ALOT of protein for . Oh well :(

Actually the one I use is 40-45 grams depending on the flavor. The body can generally only process 20-30 grams at one time for most people.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    prune juice or mineral oil. i've had this problem since i was a baby and they worked for me. good luck:)
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I hope that you have found relief by now but if not.... First, insurance or not you really should see a doctor. An obstruction can kill you. Everyone here has made numerous suggestions...prune juice, miralax, protein drinks, etc. I have used Senecot on the past as well - all natural and will work overnight. Once you have 'cleared' things out you really should work on increasing your fiber and water consumption. No one wants to go from little to no fiber to 25+ overnight but your goal should be at least 25 grams of fiber every day. You should be drinking tons of water, every day. I think that you said you are drinking 64 oz. That is great but if you are working out (which I believe you said you are) then you probably need more like 10 - 12 glasses of water a day. Good luck to you!
  • chickybabe05
    Options
    Prunes!

I will second that!!! even prune juice will work...use for my girls and always gets results
  • circadianswing
    circadianswing Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I saw one person mention a sea salt water flush... I'm pretty sure there is no better way to make yourself go to the bathroom.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Salt-Water-Flush---Bathe-Your-Insides&id=639833

It's truly a natural way to "clean out" BUT with your condition and the time it has been, you should see a doctor asap.

Good luck!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    ok this took some nerve for me to post b/c I was raised we dont talk about such an issue to strangers unless it is a Dr.
    In which I dont have insurance right now too see my Dr ( due to hubby lay off) which suxs.

I started my workout and food plan back on 2/9/11.
    I started at 226 pounds.
    *I have had my stomach stapled so I know my digest track is not the same as others*
    I am walking , doing situps , plenty of physical movement, which thus should help to move out excess from the body(#2)

However, not my case. Since the 9th I have went 1 time and this morning I weighed myself and Im OVER my start weight.
    I cant not put more food into my body , until having a bowel movement.
    I feel horrible but I still do my workout , even though its causing me pain
    I got some miralax yesterday thinking it would help but nothing so far.
    I did not have this issue when I had my surgery in fact, I was eating wayyy less than this, and barely working out well since I was recovering from major surgery and lost 20 pounds in a month.
    However since I am cutting our fatting and high sugar foods I dont get "dumping" .a WLS term, it makes you go really quickly after eating things like that b/c my body cant handle them in there and they just pass thru.

anyone have a home remedy to help the bowel move?
    I hate putting all those OTC pills in my body , but I will if I have not luck..

It might take a day or two for the mira-lax to work. Cut down on your fiber. It will cause constipation in some.
  • jessski
    Options
    there is a "herbal laxative" tea that I love. I too have this issue, I drink it before bed and i am good to go in the morning. I buy it right in the grocery store here in Canada, it maybe different there
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Smooth Move is a natural hot tea you can use. My Type I Diabetic husband drinks them when he has trouble. Also, try cranberry juice, just make sure it's not loaded in sugar. Prunes can do wonders too. Good luck!
  • darcibean
    Options
    My sister has this problem and Miralax, suppositories, more fiber, none of that worked for her. She even got a prescription strength pill from her dr and it didn't work. She ended up buying this stuff you drink Magnesium Citrate or something like that, it was flavored Grape I think. She bought it at CVS and it was about $1.25 for a bottle. She drank half of the bottle and had a BM within 2 hours.
    I highly recommend it.
  • sherrisluzinit4good
    Options
    Prune juice at bedtime may help. It's naturally sweet. HOpe you feel better soon sweetie.
  • marshallmat
    marshallmat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You really need to consult your doctor. You could have a bowel obstruction and if that doesnt get taken care of you could get septic and very sick. I hope you feel better soon!!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    EPSOM SALT. IT IS VERY UNPLEASANT TO TASTE. BUT IT WILL GET THE JOB DONE. I WAS VERY CONSTIPATED AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY FIRST CHILD. THE DR SAID TAKE SENOCOT, ETC. BUT AN OLD LADY TOLD ME ABOUT THE EPSOM SALT. IT WORKED. BUT I WOULD CHECK WITH MY DOCTOR FIRST GIVEN YOUR SITUATION. GOOD LUCK.