More People Watching At The Gym

Options

Replies

• katierg
    Options
    What is also with the women who are about mid 40's that come in and workout (BARELY) with hair down and makeup on and matching hot pink sweatsuits that do minimal everything? Why come in if you're not going to sweat!?
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    This brunette kept staring at me during my entire workout tonight. It was kind of creepy. She just sat there from her little perch and watched the entire time. After a while she started making this deep, rumbling sound...most likely a purr, since it was my cat watching me. I love working out at home so I miss a lot of what everyone else has mentioned.

I definitely don't miss the guys who walk through the gym with their shirt off on their way out, just to show everyone how buff they are...when it's 20 degrees outside. Yeah, goodluck with that.
  • PirateJenny
    Options
    The guy who takes over the pull-down lat machine for a half an hour (20 of which are spent flexing and admiring his "guns") and then leaves the weights spread all over the mats, despite very large notes from the staff to re-rack your own weights. Invariably, the next person who tries to use the lat machine is half his size and has to lug his needlessly huge weights back to the rack. In addition, he never wipes down anything, sweats to an amazing degree AND makes extremely loud dying gorilla (hhhhhhuuuuurrrraaaUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!) noises with every extension or lift. Then he gets a paper cup of water and leaves it on the floor or empty bench.

Whew! That felt good.

My second nominee is anyone who leaves a big wet spot on the seat of the weight machines. Towels are cheap, people. I should not have to mop up your leavings with my towel.
  • katierg
    Options
    Anyone have mirrors at their gym? At mine the "meatheads" who lift weights in front of the mirrors are constantly SPITTING (I kid you not) on them. Really? Didn't you EVER have a mother??
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    The soccer moms that won't shut up about their kids!
  • katierg
    Options
    The soccer moms that won't shut up about their kids!
    That is why I hide in my own little world with my iPod earphones shoved down into my ears. lol
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with the girls without panty lines?!? I think I'm proudly one of those, lol.

and me!! :drinker:

Commando in lycra rules!
  • CallousMalice
    Options
    Oh gawd... I just joined a gym the other day (haven't had time to go there yet but I will soon) and reading all these makes me nervous. Maybe I should've stuck to power walking around the neighborhood....
  • katierg
    Options
    No don't you dare get scared lol it's pure entertainment :)
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't worry. People watching at the gym is just as fun as people watching anywhere else.

Agreed on the meatheads watching themselves with the mirrors in the gym. We have one guy who will always pull the one sleeve up that's closest to the mirror while doing whatever workout.
  • Danilea7
    Danilea7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    At my gym there is this short little chubby man that comes in on a regular basis and uses the elliptical. He moves so fast on that thing that it shakes and makes all these clunky noises and hes ALWAYS on resistance 1. Its so funny that I literally can't help but laugh out loud and I really want to tell him that you can up the resistance so he doesn't fly off the thing!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    oh! oh! i got one...

the three girls that come to zumba class that stand in the back and don't do anything except laugh and talk to each other.

rawr!! i want to throw something at them
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    no panty lines here. I dont need my panties riding up and distracting me so i go commando under my underarmor!

Amen sister... I am proud to be one of the commando force...
    I never thought I would be that person ... but after chaffing on a couple of long runs... no more chaffing after the commando style has been adopted!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have three types that drive me crazy ...

1. The little 13-14 year old girls who are lollying around the track and getting in my way and screwing up my time because they walk 2 and 3 abreast and its hard to get past them

2. The nice older man who power walks so fast that he literally walks faster than I run. He is probably in his late 50s early 60s and is the nicest guy but its a huge insult to my ego to be lapped repeatedly by him on a run.

3. The lady who talks on her cell phone while walking on the indoor track --- seriously what the heck is so important that you need to talk to someone while you are getting your workout in. If you want to leisurely walk and talk ... take it outside or get a treadmill at home!

That is all ... :)
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    At my gym we have people that run and drink coffee or pop. (can't figure that one out.. i crave water when I run)

The worse is the older women who forget there are other people in the change room.. One time I walked in to go change just as one of the older heavier gal decided to bend over with nothing on...saw way too much that day.

We have meat heads and short shorts, girls who look like they are superstars just going to the gym to look for new bf's.

One lady works out in sweats and is always on her phone when the conversation is intense she slows her pace down if the conversation is relaxed she's huffing and puffing in their ear.

Wonder what people say about me lol.
  • missjay001
    Options

3. The girls without panty lines. It's true. There were about 10 women there tonight and NONE of them had panty lines. WTH?

I avoid panty lines. No one needs to stare at my undies shifting around or going up my bum when I run (c'mon, it happens sometimes!). Nothing wrong with wearing a thong so that people don't have to be faced with the gross visual. I dislike when women DON'T wear discreet undies and you've got a quadruple-bum happening!! :tongue:

True. It's 2011. No excuse for panty lines!!!! Thongs all the way :-)
  • MoM2LayLa09
    Options
    Haha! Love it!!! Okay here is what happens at my gym when you go at 8am

1. About 99% of the people there are elderly people ( all wearing high water dress slacks and women wear their hair beautified, makeup on and jewelery) on the treadmill walking about 1mph

2. We have a guy that works there (or volunteers) and he holds on to a 1990s CD player while he walks around chatting it up with people and/or getting on the machines.

3. The 2 friends (women) who I can hear over my headphones (which are on high blast) gossip about their husbands and laugh hysterically

4. Random old man flirting with a old women in front of him by throwing a sweat towel at her head....

i'll watch for more tomorrow!
  • almondbliss
    Options
    There is a girl that just started coming to the gym, she wares two pairs of tights ...Tight Tight Tight Tights. Puts on the weight belt and sits on the machines does one rep and then just sits and stares at the guys about 60% and me 40%, which makes me uncomfortable, this is a VERY small gym and I am the only other female in there besides her.Then there's one guy who starts the same conversation everyday wanting to measure his thighs and compare them to another guys...which they never do.
  • illinibowhunter
    Options
    We too have a couple of these mentioned at our gym..

1. The guys who always are talking about how ripped they have become. They are all giving each other compliments and sound ridiculous. They all know they have muscle we all don't need to hear about it tho.

2. Every day at 5:00 there is an older gentleman that is walking/running on the treadmill and wears the largest old fashioned headphones ever. And to top it off there is a huge antenna coming off them.

3. The worst thing I have seen so far is the pretty boy that came in and started running on the treadmill. he was fit but the only problem was that he was wearing only spandex and nothing else. I definitely would not be one to wear something like it. It was like a car crash...you want to look away but some things are just too horrific that you can't haha
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    oh! oh! i got one...

the three girls that come to zumba class that stand in the back and don't do anything except laugh and talk to each other.

rawr!! i want to throw something at them

OH OH!! I have some of those in my Zumba class also! They *iss me off cuz they're usually in my way and I have to go around them!!