Sin food - what HAVE you given up?

Options
I know there is a thread asking what we simply cannot and will not give up but what about all the unhealthy things that we HAVE given up?

I have never eaten much fast food or many take aways but the I did used to eat a lot of shop bought pizza's (a small Pizza Express Margarita was my pizza of choice and I used to have one at least once a week. They are 600 cals a pop!!)

I have totally cut them out.

I have also cut out garlic bread (which I would have 2/3 times a week - either shop bought or home made)

My main achievement to date is giving up wine (I'd have at least 2 bottles a week) and crisps - 3/4 packs a week!!

I don't even feel like I am 'missing' anything.

What unhealthy things have you guys cut back on that you used to eat lots of??

Replies

• RoseEnvy
    Options
    croissants - filled with chocolate, vanilla... ! I love them and I was eating them almost every day...
  • PiersonWillis
    Options
    Beer.. !
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I haven't conciously given up anything, but haven't bought any ice cream since I started mfp.
  • lisa_lotte
    Options
    Diet Coke!! Didnt realise how bad it was for you and how much it can hinder weight loss until I started reading a lot of information on here about it. I used to drink far too much of it daily, but have started drinking water instead now :-)
  • Deevs
    Deevs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Beer and McDonalds Bacon & Egg McMuffins!

I've also drastically cut back on my chocolate intake, and have promised myself a bacon sandwich (just the one, on a Sunday morning!) when the scales grant me permission!

Having said all that, I do believe that everything in moderation is the key to success, and by barring some foods from our diet completely we only crave them more.

x
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Absolutely nothing its about moderation!
    Instead of 6 bags of crisps in one sitting maybe 1 every couple of days. If i feel like i cant have something i want it all the more and then ill binge.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing that i've given up is fizzy drinks. Everything else in moderation!
  • penne356
    Options
    coke, sprite, soda and processed bottle juice - completely given up
    Biscuits and potato chips/crisps, candies, chocolate, ice-creams - Limited, very limited.

Luckily I don't crave them unless there's a jar of biscuits in front of me.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i havent really given anything up totally, but ive really cut down on bread
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have given up Diet Coke totally, because it is so bad for you. Everything else is just about portion control.
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im trying to follow the 80:20 rule so I eat really healthy choices 80 % of the time/calories so in theory you dont have to cut out everything - but due to health reasons I have cut out -alcohol, artifical sweetners, any foods with preservatives/colouring/artificial flavouring - feels like Ive cut out all the fun things! But I am now enjoying the benefits of the healthier diet -more energy, losing weight, feeling happier, less bloated
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I've given up:
    - white pasta
    - white rice
    - Indial take-aways from my local Indian Restaurant

I've severely cut down on:
    - white potatos
    - bread
  • mkeller234
    mkeller234 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't drink any soda or juices... just water, coffee and unsweetened tea.

I have a sweet tooth, so candy in general. Specifically - Hot fudge pop-tarts, I can eat a family size box in 2 hours easily.
  • Rozzie75
    Options
    I also have given up the ole Fudge Pop tarts, which is really hard cause my kids live them. My kids are all under weight so u can't take them out of the house.

I have not had pizza since February 2nd. Pasta is a very very hard thing for me I simply can not take it out of my diet. I'm Italiano can't take away my heritage. I am strict with myself I measure out a portion and don't allow myself seconds.

This is a lifestyle I creating not a diet, so I'm learning moderation is key.
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    !. Soda *diet or otherwise*
    2. Ice cream
    3. Pizza
    4. Chocolates
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Cranberry/ Orange scones from Starbucks or Panera Bread, donuts, muffins, Chinese Buffets, potato crisps (chips), beer, M&Ms ...
  • Denise6914
    Options
    I cut out Diet Coke completely and have severely limited fast food. I used to eat fast food every day....yuck!
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    Mcdonald's LARGE mocha frappe...oh how I miss thee
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sweeeeeet Tea :(((( Haven't drank any in a week and Im about to die!!!!! Plus I was addicted to the coleslaw at my work. I ate a cup of it almost every day. It WAS sooo good lol
  • ratajck
    ratajck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar and cinnamon pop-tarts....................................